opinion...

Van@RevanRacing

You are more then welcome to fly her down the track. All i ask is to take some nice vid's of it and upload them on youtube so i can see.

I say we put some different gear in her and let her rip Van. Make some good test runs, then let her eat. I wish i could be there soon, but it looks like i might not make it home until next March or maybe June 2012.

As for everyone that posted about my car not being track proven, i can say the same about cars that has not ran the Mile. Just because my car has not gone down the 1/4 doesn't mean it is not fast. I have a 195MPH time slip after only two times out. There are not too many gt500 that's even gone that fast. My goal is to hit 200, and we will in time after we work out a few bugs. Being track proven doesn't mean $hit to me either. yeah your car might of ran 9.5 or 9.6, but if you did not back that up time after time it doesn't mean nothing. With High horsepower cars there is always something that goes out or breaks. So on any given day anybody can win. I would like to Vbox still just for the data.

But we will find out who is faster soon.

Sounds like a plan bro. Give me a shout when you have a chance. Go over a few things.

jcveron

Established Member
andy...i would really like to make around 1100rwhp (hopefully boost only) on e85. would your motor be able to do this? also do you think that your car is capable to be a 9.60 car or something around it or is 9.99 about max? Because I know you are a hell of a driver and id like to be able to possibly break the 9 second range. I can drive pretty well myself but i doubt on your level and if you could get the car to mid 9s maybe i could break 9.99 myself. Van feel free to comment.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
FWIW - my car (before it was mine) made 960 whp on a DJ, ran a 9.6 @ 146 on the stock six speed and stock axle. this was at 24psi and a "kill tune"

1100 on boost only is going to be hard IMHO with a blower only - you'll need a lot of supporting mods, cams, p&p heads, big LTs, 3" full exhaust.

Van@RevanRacing

FWIW - my car (before it was mine) made 960 whp on a DJ, ran a 9.6 @ 146 on the stock six speed and stock axle. this was at 24psi and a "kill tune"

1100 on boost only is going to be hard IMHO with a blower only - you'll need a lot of supporting mods, cams, p&p heads, big LTs, 3" full exhaust.

stkjock

one thing to also recall is that the 960 rwhp was an STD dyno jet number which actually reads higher than SAE correction. Point is that the car did run a 9.60 in very cold air which also helped with that ET.

1100 rwhp would not be that difficult and the list of mods as you put would be accurate with a few more goodies to boot.

The supersnake made over 1030 rwhp on 23 lbs of boost and low timing 19 degrees on a Mustang Dyno Uncorrected for weight and no dynojet conversion. Also on E-85. So yes, 1100 on boost is possible. it just takes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jcveron

Established Member

built motor by L & M. heads, cams, 2 inch AR Long tubes, 3 inch borla, AR O/R x, e-85, kb 3.6lc, BMR level 2 drag pack, QA-1 adj. shocks, etc.

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
FWIW, Van did the build list for me so im going off of what he told me. and yes i know it takes mega cash...dont get me off my high just yet

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
stkjock
one thing to also recall is that the 960 rwhp was an STD dyno jet number which actually reads higher than SAE correction. Point is that the car did run a 9.60 in very cold air which also helped with that ET.

yes, that's why I mentioned it was a "DJ"

FWIW, Van did the build list for me so im going off of what he told me. and yes i know it takes mega cash...dont get me off my high just yet

JC - I never mentioned $$ - I figured if you were discussing such a build, you had the pockets to handle it, I hardly every mention costs (unless it's the question at hand) FWIW - IMO you'd still be better with turbos - a friend of mine had a TT FGT that make 1200 ish to the tire with just the twins - basically the same motor as ours.

jcveron

Established Member
yes, that's why I mentioned it was a "DJ"

JC - I never mentioned $$ - I figured if you were discussing such a build, you had the pockets to handle it, I hardly every mention costs (unless it's the question at hand) FWIW - IMO you'd still be better with turbos - a friend of mine had a TT FGT that make 1200 ish to the tire with just the twins - basically the same motor as ours.

i know you didnt mention cash...van did. i know turbos would yeild me high horsepower and mega top end, but i am not looking for a mile car or a car to play with UGR lambos. im looking for neck snapping instant torque that IMO can only be had with a TS

jcveron

Established Member
will do...looking for a car now. considering buying andys car and vans engine, then selling andys engine lol

CPRsm

i know you didnt mention cash...van did. i know turbos would yeild me high horsepower and mega top end, but i am not looking for a mile car or a car to play with UGR lambos. im looking for neck snapping instant torque that IMO can only be had with a TS
It's too bad there are so many misnomers about turbos. The mega top end from turbos is from the gearing, not so much the power band. It wouldn't have the instant torque, but unless you leave from idle, try to figure if it will actually benefit you. If your purpose is the 1/4, personally a TS would be my last choice. Too much unusable bottom end, with the IC stuck in the engine. My kit is out from your thoughts, and that's OK. I would still look at a centri blower, or a hellion kit as well.

then selling andys engine lol
Put me on the list to buy it. I'll find the weak spot, on boost only :poke:

CPRsm

Pshhhhh. Stock heads and cams, this turd will go 9's without a doubt baby. Going for 9's with the stock engine. Hell Andy may as well pull the engine before he ships you the car JC lol.

hahahahahahahahah caveman need snails to go fast.
Caveman works smarter, not harder.

jcveron

Established Member
andy what wheels are on your car? side note enough about my build has anything else come about with lethal and revan and whoever else is in it?

rdsnk46

Established Member
andy what wheels are on your car? side note enough about my build has anything else come about with lethal and revan and whoever else is in it?

CCW Drag Pak, the front wheels are a set of two that were ever made. They were originally made for a Ford GT then they switched hands and I got them.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
stkjock

1100 rwhp would not be that difficult and the list of mods as you put would be accurate with a few more goodies to boot.

The supersnake made over 1030 rwhp on 23 lbs of boost and low timing 19 degrees on a Mustang Dyno Uncorrected for weight and no dynojet conversion. Also on E-85. So yes, 1100 on boost is possible. it just takes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Those power numbers mean shit until you go to the track....MPH doesn't lie. Your car should go 150plus with 1000 at the tires...no matter how shitty you drive it. I've missed gears, spun, and bogged and still went 150 plus at 1000rwhp.

Also what CR are you running in the SS...I'm guessing it's not stock. There is no way you can make that power at that psi with out a higher CR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread