Opinions on this deal, 2020 GT500 for $89,500

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
My brother-in-law has been trying to find a new non-CFTP at anything near MSRP without luck. No surprise there. Today he text me an ad hear him for a 2020 non-CFTP car with 6,800 miles and three owners. My first thought was not a great deal considering the spec for a two year old car with almost 7k and 3 owners. But maybe I'm just really out of touch with the used market on these. He sent me a Carfax so I attached the summary info.

Appreciate any feedback here.

Attachments

• 1FA6P8SJXL5504501.jpg
    1FA6P8SJXL5504501.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 121

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats market price and I wouldnt give a rats ass who owned it or for how long. Would mean NOTHING to me if it was stock or tastefully modified.....

Ive bought plenty of toys and sold them a month later. Toys are just that toys..... I get bored pretty fast and sell shit often. Seems like a fair deal with no crazy dealer mark up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very possible that owner #3 got an offer he couldn't refuse. That would explain letting it go after just 19 days.

By the way, here's a thread I saw here yesterday where someone found a new 2022 GT-500 and got it at MSRP. It was a small town dealership and the only allocation the dealership got. It's not impossible to find gems like that if you look hard enough.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Bob. I had seen that post and told him to be patient considering the overall car market seems to be softening. Think he just happened to see this one local. Still, amazing any dealer still has one of unsold at MSRP.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
If he’s ok with the deal I’d tell him to go for it. Some people change cars like underwear @ArabianOak so who knows why there were 3 owners. Doesn’t have to be anything malicious. Tim @Goose17 sold his non-cftp after a short time to get a cftp car. It’s the nature of sports cars. Some people hold them forever and some flip them.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The 3rd owner probably just flipped the car. Especially if he got a decent deal. Or his wife didn't know about it and she lost her $hit .

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

fearthesnake

Established Member
OP there are better deals out there now.
Go to Car Gurus, set your filter to 2020-2021 model under $90,000. About 40 options will pull up.

There is a very nice Black, one owner car in Naples Fl. Technology and Handling package with carbon fiber dash. Only 2,000 miles on it, owner asking $85K.
There is also a low mileage Orange as well same price range, maybe $83K from what I remember.

There are deals out there and prices are dropping. I wouldnt pay over $85K at all now. You will just have to travel is all.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
OP there are better deals out there now.
Go to Car Gurus, set your filter to 2020-2021 model under $90,000. About 40 options will pull up.

There is a very nice Black, one owner car in Naples Fl. Technology and Handling package with carbon fiber dash. Only 2,000 miles on it, owner asking $85K.
There is also a low mileage Orange as well same price range, maybe $83K from what I remember.

There are deals out there and prices are dropping. I wouldnt pay over $85K at all now. You will just have to travel is all.

I passed that along to Alex, thank you!

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Was not able to find that 2k car for 85k anywhere on their site. Not in Florida anyway. I do see a lot of 500's for sale, but almost all with low miles were well above 90k. Still a great resource for locating cars!

Last edited:

fearthesnake

Established Member
Was not able to find that 2k car for 85k anywhere on their site. Not in Florida anyway. I do see a lot of 500's for sale, but almost all with low miles were well above 90k. Still a great resource for locating cars!
The one in Naples must have sold or dropped off on Friday.

You sure the filter is set correct on your search? There are almost 40 cars (2020s) on the Nationwide search under $89K. There are several with what I consider low mileage under 8,000 Miles or so in the $87K-$88K asking price range. Very nice White, Gray, Twister Orange and Silver colors for example.

DS

q6543

Established Member
Nah.. those just close the gap to low 40s like they're already doing.

25k would be for them 08s no one wants.

Users who are viewing this thread