opinions welcomed

Taylors_Cobra

Established Member
sooo as some of you may know i just sold my 96 cobra and im now looking into a dakota...

soo loooong story short one of my co-wokers has a car forsale and it just so happend to be an 04 cobra

should i go for it?

the good
04cobra.jpg

04cobra4.jpg

the bad
04cobra3.jpg

04cobra2.jpg

63,5XX miles
all highway and owned buy two 30 year olds

all he owes on it is like 10,200 and hes likeing the idea of me just takeing over payments....should i go for it?

Taylors_Cobra

Established Member
heres another problem

im a high risk and theres really no help from the rents and for listing it in theor name so insurence is gonna have theor way with me....what would payments and insurence be on an 18 yr old?

im working a full 40 hours making at least 600 every 80 hours

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Dude if you dont take it i will! that car is a money maker at 10k!!! Like others stated buy it, fix it looks like 1k in damage and then turn around and sell for 15-16k or so

Jroc

Established Member
Hell yeah jump on that! You don't have to drive it, which means you don't have to insure it.

Buy it, fix it, sell it, make a nice profit.

futureSVT

Established Member
i am 20 and my insurance is only $200 a month with my 03 cobra and 92 protege but i have good driving deffensive driving and good student discounts

mean03

Established Member
I think there are alot of people that would love to jump on that deal. Me being one of them. Do what you can do to get a hold of that thing for that price!!

mustang_guy

Established Member
if the milage was lower Id go for it but if your gonna spend 10gs on a beat up cobra then another 2 Gs or so at the bodyshop to fill your quarter fender with cheese Id say spend a little more and get yourself a clean one.
If he would sell it to you for the same price but with the damaged fixed it be a good deal IMO

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
how was the motor and drivetrain kept up? for 10k is isnt a bad deal at all... BUT, im curious on how he kept it up... it is very dirty looking... has it been sitting around?

Last edited:

Taylors_Cobra

Established Member
how was the motor and drivetrain kept up? for 10k is isnt a bad deal at all... BUT, im curious on how he kept it up... it is very dirty looking... has it been sitting around?

he dosent hot rod it like he does his AWD talon
and its very clean under the hood

sitting...i guess it has but only for like a week at a time when he leaves, but his wife likes to drive it and shes scaired of the power and tq it has(i work with her)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You're young and obviously the insurance is going to kill you. Don't buy a car and drive it "without" insurance please. Best thing to do is just pass. Be a smart decision.

You said above you're high risk for insurance. They might not even quote or cover you with that car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread