Options to get over 500rwhp

JrSVT

Established Member
OP,

You may also want to log your IAT2 temps...with that aggressive boost on a ported eaton you need to keep an eye on that. A lot of people that aren't getting the numbers they expect experience high IAT2 temps where the ECU pulls timing. Your tune may be calling for the timing to be at 23*s of timing but its being retarded back to 18*s due to high IAT2 temps.

What cooling mods do you have if any?...ie... larger intercooler reservoir, killer chiller?

Jr.

Esimmons81

Established Member
No cooling mods. Planning on buying a larger intercooler reservoir. Any other cooling mods I really should have? The more I look into everything ab heat soak and needing torco to get the power im looking for I really wouldn't mind saving for a 2.3 tvs. Then I could be at high 500's on just 93.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
No cooling mods. Planning on buying a larger intercooler reservoir. Any other cooling mods I really should have? The more I look into everything ab heat soak and needing torco to get the power im looking for I really wouldn't mind saving for a 2.3 tvs. Then I could be at high 500's on just 93.

You don't need torco to run 21-23 degrees you use it to boost octane for safety when running pump gas.

Esimmons81

Established Member
Sounds like you do need it since it's a aggressive tune. Plus torco is show to not be the greatest on the engine from the few articles I have just read.

pschwind

Established Member
In a similar situation...

Resurrecting this thread....

My mods are:

• Stiegemeier Stage V Ported Eaton with 2.76 Upper Only
  • JLT Ram Air Intake
  • Kenne Bell Boost A Pump
  • Diablosport MAFia Mass Air Flow tuner
  • Positive Pressure Relief Valve delete kit
  • Metco 90mm pulley set
  • Gen 3 Killer Chiller with Drag Pack
  • Bassani S.S. Catted X - Borla Cat-Back w/ Stingers - SLP exhaust tips
  • 170 Degree T-stat
  • Dyno Results = 486 RWHP 465 RWTQ

Now to be fair, it was last dyno tuned 3 years ago prior to the Killer Chiller install on a nearly 80 degree day. IAT2 temps could have been higher than what they are today with the Killer Chiller.

I'd like to see some some solid 500rwhp+ numbers and have been thinking about switching to e85 since it's availability here is good. Not sure if I can get by with just bigger pumps and injectors an a retune.

I guess I'll take it for a retune now that Killer Chiller is running and see what the dyno says and then off to the rack to see what lights up after 1320.

Esimmons81

Established Member
I made it! car laid down 507rwhp and 540 rwtq sae. I made a few changes since a few weeks ago I dynoed the car and it had the maf and pumps maxed. I tried getting ahold of the place that tuned the car for the previous owner but they lost the tune.... so I called a few places and looked up a few other options. well I heard Justin Starkey @ Vmp Performance was the real deal and he could make me a tune from data logs but I needed a wideband 02. So I got the wideband, lowered boost to 16psi, Vmp 3000 maf, KB boost a pump and upper idler. justin was awesome on the updates and pretry much walked me thru how to read the logs and how to setup everything proper. I was running out of time since the snow is about to hit here and not wanting to drive the car in the salt. well they put some salt down due to freezing rain but it cleared away just in time to get my final tunes from justin and make it to the dyno today. I must say I highly recommend Justin and will definitely take my business back to him over anyone. This guy knows what he is doing and it was a pleasure working with him.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
OP add some timing. Your numbers are fairly low. I made more than that back in the day with a stock lower pulley and similar setup. You have a 4lb lower on there.
I ran ported Eaton, 2.76 upper, stock lower, 91 pump gas and 23 degrees timing. Made 490 ~ 500 depending on weather and dyno.

01yellercobra

Established Member
OP add some timing. Your numbers are fairly low. I made more than that back in the day with a stock lower pulley and similar setup. You have a 4lb lower on there.
I ran ported Eaton, 2.76 upper, stock lower, 91 pump gas and 23 degrees timing. Made 490 ~ 500 depending on weather and dyno.

Were you running the JMS Vampire set up at that time?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
On an Eaton car making 500 whp or less its pretty common. I ran the car like that nice and hard for 5+ years.

The only times I pulled timing was when I sprayed my 100 shot and I did a lot of that too. 2 to 3 bottles an afternoon was very common. I used to pull 5 degrees when spraying only. I know 5 is a lot but I had no Vampire or anti-knock device back then and reading plugs on spray can be hard. No second chances.

135 Boom

Established Member
On an Eaton car making 500 whp or less its pretty common. I ran the car like that nice and hard for 5+ years.
23 degrees is not common on 91 octane. I've seen people go to 21-23 degrees on 93 octane, but not 91. I made 500/468 on 91 and 17 degrees of timing with a 2.8 upper and Jokerz port.

Users who are viewing this thread