Owners Under 35 - Do you like the look of 05 Mustang?

Do you like the looks of the 05 Mustang?

• Yes

Votes: 191 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterp

Established Member
Stopped at a dealer that finally got some in to see if I liked it better than I liked it in photos. Still don't like it one bit. I like the work Ford put into the chassis, suspension, and motor, but the styling is just bland and tasteless. I do like the styling on the classic stangs, but I don't like this one one bit.

PonyXpress

Pictures don't do it justice. I saw one at the Charlotte auto show, and expected it to look like a bloated, unaerodynamic brick with the ride height of an F350. I was wrong. Seeing it in person changed my mind completely on this car. It's 4.4" longer 1" wider, and 1" taller , but the stance of the car is such that you don't really notice it. As far as the ride height goes, this thing BEGS to be lowered. It still has a couple of features I that look misplaced though, like the !%@ fugly foglights on the GT, and the not having the 18" wheels available, but I could live with that. Props to Ford for a job well done. :beer:

carterra3

missing 16 valves
Established Member
I love the 05. I think that it is the best retro job out, i love the bigass foglights in the grill. Interior is well executed, unless u r looking at tan auto, then the shifter sucks. Overall, a beautiful car. I think that the gt500 is gonna look friggin awesome in the retro body. Stock rims on the 05 suck though.

Last edited:

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
I think stock it looks ok but sits up way too high. The aftermarket companies are transforming the car into one that will be one of the coolest musclecars of all time!

Shaneo0oMac

Established Member
03GREYCOBRA said:
I'm 20 and think that they are ugly as hell. Ford should of learned their lesson when they made the Thunderbird retro. No young people are going to buy this car. I'll be holding on to the Cobra for a while. Maybe Chevy will bring back the Camaro, I'm sure it would look better than the new Stang.:xpl:

I dunno about you but the newer T-birds are one sharp ass car !!!!

yea the new mustang is eh 6/10
they need grill delete
new color choices
better rims
fog lights ewwww
if you gave me one id take it maybe possibly

im 17

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I like it but wish they hadn't gone retro. I also think the car is getting too big. They need to go back to the foxbody size, people who buy mustangs aren't buying them for backseat space. They do look huge parked next to a 94-04. Even my friends mom commented on how they look huge. Weight is also a big issue. I read that the chassis is built with reinforcements for the convertible version (even the coupes). This is what makes the car so heavy and why the convertible runs right with the coupe.

I saw a Roush at the dealer right after they got it. I sat in it and played with things. The 05 is light years ahead of the 94-04's in build quality. Also, the aftermarket are turning out some great looking stangs. These will be some of the coolest looking cars when people start modifying them.

The car is also cleaner looking on the outside. Notice how there is no gap between the c-pillar and the quarter panel. The quarter window is flush with the c-pillar and looks like they are all one piece. The interior is 10000x better built, whether you like the styling or not. These things are what make the 05 great. It's the small things that really attract me to the car.

And to whoever said the convertible looked like a coupe with the roof cut off, that's what a convertible is. The 94-04's aren't any different.

I think the body style with grow on people. I think almost everyone hated the 99 when it first came out too, now people can't get enough of them. I really look forward to the body change. I really hope they go with a modern or maybe a little futuristic design (while still keeping the mustang look).

The thing what's great about the car, it looks nothing like anything else on the road. This is great for Ford and the Mustang in general. The more attention it gets the more they will sell which brings in new buyers (makes them more likely to buy a Ford product in the future).

Sorry for the novel.

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
I'm 24 and it has grown on me. I hated it at first, but now I like it well enough. Not at much as my Cobra or even my old GT, but yes I do like it, don't love it.

John

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I was at the Ace Hardware this morning and a brand new Roush parked next to me. It looked OK up front, but the back is still *ss ugly!!!

Those carryover Mustang GT wheels with the FORD oval center caps should have been left off IMO.

Blackie

I think the styling is too retro for me.
The New Edge Mustangs (1999-2004) look a lot better; they have a retro touch to them (espeically the Bullitts & Machs), but still look modern.
BTW, I'm 30 :cryying:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I like it, no more rice scoops or the rediculous tiny wheelbase. Materials and construction quality is so much better then the old car that even a new 04 on a lot looks like a hard used car because the fit is so poor. Quality is phenominal, and the huge fender flares, under cut along the botom of the car, and the fantastic aluminum hood are beautiful. Lots of hidden curves too like the flat '69-like fold that starts from the back of the door and defines the rear fastback 'cap' from the side of the car. Flush fit glass and no exposed rubber trim either. And no more wavy plastic body panels(like the old plastic c-pillars, hood and trunk, scoops, and a pillars on the verts), or crimp marks on the fronts of the doors, mismatched rocker skirt fit, and lousy warping bumper covers either. On the old cars Ford finally got the covers to stop peeling paint only to have them distort in the sun on ever car over time.

03CobraBro

Established Member
KevinB120 said:
I like it, no more rice scoops or the rediculous tiny wheelbase. Materials and construction quality is so much better then the old car that even a new 04 on a lot looks like a hard used car because the fit is so poor. Quality is phenominal, and the huge fender flares, under cut along the botom of the car, and the fantastic aluminum hood are beautiful. Lots of hidden curves too like the flat '69-like fold that starts from the back of the door and defines the rear fastback 'cap' from the side of the car. Flush fit glass and no exposed rubber trim either. And no more wavy plastic body panels(like the old plastic c-pillars, hood and trunk, scoops, and a pillars on the verts), or crimp marks on the fronts of the doors, mismatched rocker skirt fit, and lousy warping bumper covers either. On the old cars Ford finally got the covers to stop peeling paint only to have them distort in the sun on ever car over time.

You line one of the new cars up next to an 00R and you can tell me about fit and finish, the benifits of the larger wheel base, and its vastly superior chassis (all things I do acknowledge the 05 brings to the table), but in the end the new cars just look ball less compared to the new edge.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
You line one of the new cars up next to an 00R and you can tell me about fit and finish, the benifits of the larger wheel base, and its vastly superior chassis (all things I do acknowledge the 05 brings to the table), but in the end the new cars just look ball less compared to the new edge.

I think we need to wait untill some nut twin turbos a 5.4 shelby first.

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Yes, but I grew up loving the Boss 429 Mustang. I had a diecast model of a red one with black scoops, louvres, and black wing sitting above my bed. :D

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Line a 00 R next to one of the GTR concepts and the GTR blows it away IMO. Comparing the 05 GT to a 00R isn't the best comparison. Look at some of the aftermarket versions, they look incredible.

sonicboom141

I want a cobra!
Established Member
need a yes and no...
I dont like the fog lights, the whole grille should just be grille no lights, as the saleen is i believe?
I like the fact there are no side scoops, i think 99+ side scoops shaved are so much better.
Most stock wheels especially v6 are the grossest thing ive ever seen in my life, id rather have hubcaps.
interior is way to overdone to me, they try so hard to make it look so classy and nice i hate it, 94-98 i love the interior its simple, basic, and what you need and looks good.

im 17 by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread