P90x

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
Day 1 just about killed me. I was so wore out that by the end of Ab ripperX I just layed on the floor for a solid 5-10 minutes. This is going to be a fun 90 days!

racer94lx

Salt & Vinegar Chips>All
Established Member
I hate Plyo. I do burn about 500 calories during it, but damnit, I hate Plyo.

Instead of P90X yesterday, I worked outside in the garden. The previous owner had an above ground pool in this area so it had a bunch of pea gravel still there. I got 3 loads out and into the driveway. That was a good workout lol. Took an hour and a half or so.

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
I hate Plyo. I do burn about 500 calories during it, but damnit, I hate Plyo.

Instead of P90X yesterday, I worked outside in the garden. The previous owner had an above ground pool in this area so it had a bunch of pea gravel still there. I got 3 loads out and into the driveway. That was a good workout lol. Took an hour and a half or so.

I hate it, but I love it! Wait, that's Ab Ripper!

Plyo day today. Can't wait to get rockin and rollin! Mary Catherines here I come!

The soreness will fade after a week or so. Not to say that you won't be sore, you will, just not as bad. It actually feels better to get in a workout to help relieve the soreness. Gets the blood pumping and stretches out those muscles!

Eat right. Drink plenty of water. Do the sets. Do your best, and what? Bring It every day!

Dave

bullitt1672

Established Member
i did the ab ripper last night, well did as much as i could anyway, and today i feel like a horse kicked me in the gut.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i did watch the vids to see what i was to expect, looks like a hell of a workout, can;'t wait!

351inside

Established Member
Forgot what the workout is today, but i sweated my ass off last night doing plyo, and i did MUCH better than the first one. Actually did all the workouts, at my pace, but i did them, i couldnt do them the first time.

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
I forgot how much I ****ing hate plyo lol

Got one of my buddies to workout with me last night, then we went out to see his gf at work and he just looked like he was ready to go sleep lol. He's coming back tonight to get his ass kicked again.

racer94lx

Salt & Vinegar Chips>All
Established Member
I hate it, but I love it! Wait, that's Ab Ripper!

Plyo day today. Can't wait to get rockin and rollin! Mary Catherines here I come!

The soreness will fade after a week or so. Not to say that you won't be sore, you will, just not as bad. It actually feels better to get in a workout to help relieve the soreness. Gets the blood pumping and stretches out those muscles!

Eat right. Drink plenty of water. Do the sets. Do your best, and what? Bring It every day!

Dave

Yeah. I did about 6 weeks of P90X before I stopped. It's a serious love/hate relationship.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
what do you need for the cardio dvd? woman at work wanted to try one to see if she liked it and chose cardio instead of dvd 1 lol....told her ok.....

i am starting it next week. i bought 2 bands and a pullup bar at academy for $68....so i went home and looked on ebay and got all of em for $37 shipped so needless to say i returned them and now i'm just waiting for my stuff to start.

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
P90X is a serious commitment. You have to be focused enough to start it and do it every day. That means diet and exercise. I am on forced light duty now. Back surgery does that to you.

I did the entire 90 days last spring. Kicked my butt, but I shed 17 lbs and gained a ton of muscle and cardio stamina. I had to throttle back because of this same lumbar issue the remaining part of last year. I lost my conditioning! I got back into P90X a month and a half ago. Started doing the workouts and resting every other day to get my back moving again. Didn't last long . :(

I had a little outpatient surgery yesterday to remove a portion of my medial L5 facet to free up a pinched nerve condition. The good thing is that I got in a solid phase I, 3 weeks of workouts before my surgery. With the diet and exercise I lost 10 lbs and got back a good bit of my cardio stamina and was seeing increases on reps and weights.

I kept the anesthesiologist busy because my resting heart rate was 49, couple that with general anesthesia and I was in the middle 30's, so he was having to keep a close eye on me!

For anyone wanting to improve in all aspects of work, sports, hell even sex (!!) this workout will whip you into some unbelievable shape!

Get your little bucket ready, because this workout is tough!

Bring It, Dave

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I missed 3 (away) days last week. I am not entirely worried about it though because I more interested in doing the work outs and getting the benifits, regardless if it isn't in 90days. As long as I have something to keep me motivated and active.

So, my starting weight (2 weeks ago) was 196...... as of yesterday i was..... 186...booyaaa. My goal is about 170, lean.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Ordered mine today. Kinda nervous, yet excited to get going!

04 Cobra Nut. I'm still waiting to see before & after pics...

hitboost

Established Member
This is a great workout!!! I got super cut from it. Just eat right & push yourself over the limit & you'll see great results within the first week!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
ok, got my bands and iron gym pull up bar in already for 1/2 the price at Academy lol.
should be able to start w the wife......

351inside

Established Member
Ordered mine today. Kinda nervous, yet excited to get going!

04 Cobra Nut. I'm still waiting to see before & after pics...

youll be ok man, im on my third week and going, the first week you will be SORE, but it gets better, this week i actually feel pretty good, ive lost 7.5 pounds and 1 1/2 inch off my waist, i think im doing good...

351inside

Established Member
I missed 3 (away) days last week. I am not entirely worried about it though because I more interested in doing the work outs and getting the benifits, regardless if it isn't in 90days. As long as I have something to keep me motivated and active.

So, my starting weight (2 weeks ago) was 196...... as of yesterday i was..... 186...booyaaa. My goal is about 170, lean.

how tall are you wire?

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't even make it through the whole plyo workout on my first week. Luckily it is the hardest of all the workouts. :lol1:

This program really shows how out of shape you are. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread