Pacesetter headers are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

46stang

Established Member
I just got my blower back from posi #400. Now waiting to get my JLT high boost intake back. After that I'm getting it dyno tuned and I'll try to get a video for you all. The sound is awesome though and you won't be disappointed!

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
bahahahaha....hey i figured out who it was you bought your car from...turns out hes a pretty good acquaintenance of mine...small world lol.

My96z

Established Member
Finally, some months after starting this thread I have some numbers. They are not apples to apples due to problems I had with my car. I put these headers in while in the midst of a head gasket change and while it was apart I did a few things.

Here is the chart before the Pacesetters. Car is a 2.6H Kenne Bell non-mammoth with 3.25" pulley, JLT high-boost, BBK twin 65mm TB, off road X-pipe, Lethal budget return fuel system, 60lbs injectors, stock clutch on 17.5* timing. I believe the temp was 98* in the shop on this pull.

dynorun615.jpg

Here is the chart after the headgasket change. Changes where Pacesetter ceramic longtubes with off road X-pipe, valve job, heads shaved to straighten and clean the mounting surface, ProMotion 650hp clutch kit, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, 3" pulley and head cooling mod kit, same 17.5* of timing. Temp in the shop was 101*.

638run.jpg

My concern was the torque. How in the hell did I gain 100 ft.lbs? We tried to put the 3.25" pulley back on for better before and after numbers, but the 3" didnt want to come off and bent an allen wrench and we had some time constraints.

My boost gauge had apparently been a bit off this whole time where with the 3" pulley after the headers its seen 16lbs, the boost was the same 16 lbs before with the 3.25" pulley and stock manifolds. Hooked a different boost gauge up to a direct manifold sourch and it sees 20lbs now. So it looks like I lost some boost with the headers.

So sorry I couldnt give you direct apples to apples. But damn the car is an animal now. It will blow 1st and 2nd off and in 3rd car feels like a rocket. I have no doubt that the headers helped along with the other mods. But I dont see how I gained 100 ft.lbs. I may take it to a different dyno to see what happens.

We did make a run on 19.5* of timing and the car made 650+rwhp and 690+ft.lbs. I dont have the sheet on that one yet. All numbers are SAE and on the same Dynocom dyno.

I will post more on the headers, but I have to get running for now.

46stang

Established Member
Wow, that is impressive My96z!! Congrats! When you cleaned up the heads you likely gave it a small bump in compression, then the headers and some more boost; I could see the combination of those three giving you that kind of bump in torque. Bet it feels awesome with that much more power!

I have a dyno appointment for sept 24th, but mine isn't apples to apples either. I updated my old Steggy stage 1 port to a posi port, and added the JLT high boost intake over my K&N fipk kit. My car only made 495 rwhp sae before though. Number in sig is std I think. I would be happy with about 1/4 of the power you gained. lol.

My96z

Established Member
46stang, as you know these headers dont dissapoint. I am curious to see whats yours makes on the Eaton also. I bet Sep. 24th feels like a long way out! I look forward to hearing your results. Be sure to post them up!

ctgreddy

Established Member
wow man, this threads sold me. i was going to go for the mac/lethal x combo but with these more than 100 bucks cheaper i think i'll be going this route. awesome thread/results!

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Dangit pulled the trigger....I will see if I can do an apples to apples comparison on the 2.3 Whipple if the extra tune time isn't much more.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
amazon...but mvp motorsports is the seller even though it did qualify for free shipping. They had 2 sets left when I ordered so probably down to 1 now...im sure they will get more in though..it was about $2.00 cheaper on amazon...over their actual MVP website...main reason I used amazon was guaranteed shipping time and I know my credit card info is safe.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
So today the Headers from MVP are on amazon for $346.01 shipped!

Just another update...they ship fast...mine was ordered on the 2nd at 11pm and just got delivered to my tuner in Charleston, TN (near Cleveland, TN) today at 11am! Wow...i should have some results soon....but since they arrived so quick its gonna super skew the results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread