Pacesetter headers are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Did you guys modify the driver side header flange, or just bend the dipstick to fit around the flange?

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
It was a monster....had to bang on the headers a bit to fit the factory K on the passenger side....definitely not for the faint of heart...but they look great! Still don't have my car back and I added a whipple so not much use there for numbers.

Adamn

Established Member
My96z do u have or can u get a sound clip of your car with the pace setters? I am thinking about getting pace setters and I have the same cat back as u and I would love to hear what it sounds like to help make up my mind.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Well...long story, but havent got the car back yet so no numbers or butt dyno info...but it should be ready next week.

My96z

Established Member
My96z do u have or can u get a sound clip of your car with the pace setters? I am thinking about getting pace setters and I have the same cat back as u and I would love to hear what it sounds like to help make up my mind.

Sure, I will see what I can do...

Stagedz, keep us posted man, I look forward to your results.

Last edited:

mrxr250rider

Established Member
sweet i think im gonna get these for my vorteched 97 over the winter.

the armor coat header and x pipe combo is $552 on amazon

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
sweet i think im gonna get these for my vorteched 97 over the winter.

the armor coat header and x pipe combo is $552 on amazon

Thats not bad...i think at the time i bought mine the armored header was $350 and the x was $180..so that sounds right. shipping was super quick.

My96z I will...should be talking to him tonite...hopefully wednesday will get car weather permitting.

jdgt03

Established Member
Im on the fence between these or Mac's/x-pipe from lethal. This will settle it, how is the clearance on the trans? Gonna be any problems getting it out with these headers? Any pics? My car has a JW bell and a C4 but I know from other guys with my setup that the mac's will clear. If the t56 will clear I should be ok.

jdgt03

Established Member
Well i hope they clear, I bought them, thats a hell of a deal with the x-pipe. Gonna be a couple weeks till they ship though. Im installing a tubular K as well. Ill try to take some pics when I tackle it.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

Bronze coating came out great.

I gotta say though, these headers have got to feature some of the worst welds I have ever seen. I repaired a few.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Welds

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

Bronze coating came out great.

I gotta say though, these headers have got to feature some of the worst welds I have ever seen. I repaired a few.

Will the welds interfere with clearance? I am thinking about these but I am curious if they will not be a pain in the butt for Fastlane to install in Benson, NC.

dark-knight

Established Member
yea. the access to the top bolts on the passenger side and easy, but other than that and maybe 2 or 3 other bolts...its a PITA!

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guy's I'm looking into getting a set of these. I am wanting to know about the O2 sensor bungs. It looks like there is one on each collector. I will need an extra one for my wide band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread