PATS Issue - Car Won't Stay Cranked

98SVTContour98

Established Member
re-wiring the fuel pump did not bypass PATS...PATS still killed the spark afterwards....researching gauge cluster prices now...ugh

jgt58

Established Member
re-wiring the fuel pump did not bypass PATS...PATS still killed the spark afterwards....researching gauge cluster prices now...ugh
That should have done the trick. I'm starting to think that pats is not your issue. I would hold off on the cluster and get a Diablo chip burned and have pats disabled through there. No communication that way. Its "rewriting" it without having to communicate with it via obdII

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98SVTContour98

Established Member
MINI UPDATE:

I believe we have nearly 100% confirmed it's a PATS issue.

So we've tried a total of 6 PCMs and nothing is working....we came up with the idea to swap my cobra PCM out for my buddies 1996 GT PCM that already has PATS disabled...we put that into the cobra and it runs great!!!!

So NOW we are crossing our fingers and going to put my cobra PCM into his GT and use a tuner to attempt to turn off PATS on my PCM...

Please oh Please oh Please work!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
MINI UPDATE:

So we've tried a total of 6 PCMs and nothing is working....we came up with the idea to swap my cobra PCM out for my buddies 1996 GT PCM that already has PATS disabled...we put that into the cobra and it runs great!!!!

So NOW we are crossing our fingers and going to put my cobra PCM into his GT and use a tuner to attempt to turn off PATS on my PCM...

I definitely want an update on this. I'm intrigued.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coosawjack

Established Member
I admire your resolve and persistence.....sincerely hope ya get it FIXED for good and can trust it again!!!;)

I'm dizzy!!:confused:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
mini update:

MINI UPDATE:

Good news: swapped the cobra pcm into the GT and we are FINALLY able to communicate with the pcm!!!!!!

Bad news: I need a Sniper Bullet so i can tune the new pcm, my original bullet was lost with the bad pcm. Can anyone assist with that? Anyone have an old one they no longer use?

98SVTContour98

Established Member
FINAL UPDATE (hopefully):

The car is OFFICIALLY running!

The plan worked. We used my buddy's 96 GT which had PATS already turned off. We moved my cobra pcm into his car, turned off PATS with a tuner, and moved the pcm back into the Cobra...and it cranked right up!

We technically do not know what caused the PATS to freakout, but it happened once we disconnected/reconnected the battery.

Thanks again to everyone who commented and helped me along the way. I hope this thread can somehow helps others in the future.

regards

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Glad you got the issue resolved and reported back. This will possibly help people in the future with similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread