PATS Issue - Car Won't Stay Cranked

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ANu chance you bumped and messed up a ground at the core support? I think your year still has two small grounds right there in front of the battery and the CCRM is apparently super sensitive to ground issues

98SVTContour98

Established Member
not yet...still working on it...checked intertia, battery connections, ground wires, fuel sensor, and spark...all that is good to go...seems like computer is killing the fuel/spark once it cranks. Might have to re-code the key or something like that.

A buddy is supposed to be coming over sometime this weekend to put some sort of scanner on it to read the computer.

I'll update once he takes a look.

jgt58

Established Member
not yet...still working on it...checked intertia, battery connections, ground wires, fuel sensor, and spark...all that is good to go...seems like computer is killing the fuel/spark once it cranks.

A buddy is supposed to be coming over sometime this weekend to put some sort of scanner on it to read the computer.

I'll update once he takes a look.
Did you check your fuses like I suggested?

Sent from my LG-H900 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98SVTContour98

Established Member
gonna hook up whatever tool my buddy has from the dealership and then go from there I suppose.

I'll update the thread though once I hear something.

really appreciate everyone's time and suggestions.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
In theory if you want to rule out the fuel pump , if the pump is good you will still have pressure at the valve even when it dies

Sent from my LG-H900 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ok...it very well could be the pump then...just weird it would instantly happen after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery.

Hopefully my buddy comes through tomorrow

98SVTContour98

Established Member
So my buddy scanned the car, and it's showing a U1451 Code, which he says means the anti-theft is activated and disabled the engine...the PCM is bad and wouldnt let him communicate with it to disable the anti-theft (PATS)...says we will need a new PATS Module and a re-program of the computer...have to drop the column to replace it, and might have to buy/program another key b/c sometimes it takes two keys to re-program.

So if I had to guess, I'm likely out $300-$500 here....but I get the car back in running order so i have that going for me

Users who are viewing this thread