Paxton 2012 5.0

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Very nice! I know that mine was a night and day difference. It looks like those numbers are STD corrected. Can you give us the SAE and the uncorrected numbers?

As far as the kit being not smog legal in California. If you know the right people, or find the right people, you can get away with it. I have at least...

Paxton is in the process of applying for a CARB number, they have all of their stuff submitted. They are just waiting to hear back from the CARB nazis.

KalEl370

Established Member
Very nice! I know that mine was a night and day difference. It looks like those numbers are STD corrected. Can you give us the SAE and the uncorrected numbers?

As far as the kit being not smog legal in California. If you know the right people, or find the right people, you can get away with it. I have at least...

Paxton is in the process of applying for a CARB number, they have all of their stuff submitted. They are just waiting to hear back from the CARB nazis.
Didn't get the SAE numbers sorry. I live in Texas and it was hot as hell at the shop. Temperature was around 95 degrees during the dyno tune. To hit 622rwhp in that heat was pretty impressive IMO. Thanks! And yes, totally night and day difference. I'm really impressed with the drivability of the car. It drives like stock. Then when you floor it, look out! Pulls like a freight train.

KalEl370

Established Member
What does it sound like? The trend of quieter superchargers these days is quite troubling.. I want to hear the whine!

Sorry to disappoint you man, but ya, the Paxton is very quiet. If you know what you are listening for, you could make it out, otherwise it sounds pretty much like stock.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Yes and yes.
I would personally look into a built bottom end and Billet gears.

Or......
blowup.gif

KalEl370

Established Member
I would personally look into a built bottom end and Billet gears.

Or......
blowup.gif

I probably will do the billet gears soon. I'm not too worried about the bottom end, if it goes, I have the funds to replace it with a built one. There are several blown 5.0s in the DFW area that have survived a while and it's not my DD, so I think I'll be ok.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
There is a noticable centri whine from idle up to about 2k and then it goes away. The sound that really gets people is the blow off valve :)

STROKED2VALVE

Established Member
Great numbers! I ordered a paxton last week. Can't wait to get it on and tuned. Manny will be tuning my car as well. I just need to get a MAF. What MAF are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread