Paxton 2012 5.0

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I read on another forum where the stock maf pegged at 4000rpms and 6000rpms, two different cars. But if the stock maf works, thats great, more money for other parts. Thanks

it depends on who is tuning your car,

not everyone can tune the stock maf to those levels

we can :)

KalEl370

Established Member
I read on another forum where the stock maf pegged at 4000rpms and 6000rpms, two different cars. But if the stock maf works, thats great, more money for other parts. Thanks

I'm using the stock MAF, and stock airbox. No problems at all and very smooth graph as you can see!

SD_Stang

Established Member
Just listen for the slight whistle on the paxton/vortechs. You'll know when you have heard one before what they sound like. I'm waiting for the CARB board to give it the 50 state approval until then just getting the rest of the car ready for it.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
What does it sound like? The trend of quieter superchargers these days is quite troubling.. I want to hear the whine!

a set of LT's would take care of that :rockon:

your missing the point, i said add LT's so thats all you would hear.

No, you're missing the point that he was asking about blower whine and the fact that that comes from straight cut gears meshing but that's okay. :beer:

walked_u_hard

Established Member
No, you're missing the point that he was asking about blower whine and the fact that that comes from straight cut gears meshing but that's okay. :beer:

:poke:

INCORRECT. He got it, you did not. Im not gonna explain any further.

pohnjarker

Established Member
Paxton kit on the way from Beefcake and glad to hear you're satisfied with Manny at HPP. im torn between him and TrueStreet Motorsports.
if you're on facebook, check us out at DFW 5.0s if you're not already on there.

whoa, my bad, didnt see how old the thread was...but since ive already posted, what size pully did you put on?

Last edited:

KalEl370

Established Member
Paxton kit on the way from Beefcake and glad to hear you're satisfied with Manny at HPP. im torn between him and TrueStreet Motorsports.

whoa, my bad, didnt see how old the thread was...but since ive already posted, what size pully did you put on?
Congrats! I'm already on DFW 5.0s Facebook, I just don't post too much. I believe we chatted on there before about the Paxton.

I have the stock pulley on and make about 7.5 lbs with the stock airbox and Boss intake. I was really happy with HPP and Manny. I don't know much about TrueStreet but haven't heard anything negative either. One big reason I chose HPP is because Manny owns and daily drives a 900hp 2011 5.0 so he knows these cars very well. Good luck and keep us posted!

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

Truestreet, without question.

Congrats! I'm already on DFW 5.0s Facebook, I just don't post too much. I believe we chatted on there before about the Paxton.

I have the stock pulley on and make about 7.5 lbs with the stock airbox and Boss intake. I was really happy with HPP and Manny. I don't know much about TrueStreet but haven't heard anything negative either. One big reason I chose HPP is because Manny owns and daily drives a 900hp 2011 5.0 so he knows these cars very well. Good luck and keep us posted!

Manny is a decent tuner for sure but the customer service you get at Truestreet is far superior.

KalEl370

Established Member
Manny is a decent tuner for sure but the customer service you get at Truestreet is far superior.
I can't comment on TrueStreet because I've never been there, but Manny and HPP took good care of me. Manny took time on his daughter's birthday to tune my car, went on a test drive with me and made sure I was happy with it before I left. I'm happy with my car and knowing some of the work they have done, I would say he's more than a "decent" tuner. Like I said though, I'm sure TrueStreet is good as well, but I can only speak from my experience as I'm sure you are as well.

konabluekiller

Established Member
I plan on going to Manny when I finish my TT build in December. He was recommended by Mike at Bama and Shaun at AED so that's good enough for me... Just gonna be a long drive from orange with the car on a trailer.

KalEl370

Established Member
I plan on going to Manny when I finish my TT build in December. He was recommended by Mike at Bama and Shaun at AED so that's good enough for me... Just gonna be a long drive from orange with the car on a trailer.

He also knows and works with Ken B of Lund and actually has worked with them on their 5.0 turbo kit as well.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I can't comment on TrueStreet because I've never been there, but Manny and HPP took good care of me. Manny took time on his daughter's birthday to tune my car, went on a test drive with me and made sure I was happy with it before I left. I'm happy with my car and knowing some of the work they have done, I would say he's more than a "decent" tuner. Like I said though, I'm sure TrueStreet is good as well, but I can only speak from my experience as I'm sure you are as well.

Yes sir, I've used both shops. Truestreet all the way. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread