Paxton Coyote

bullittrevor

Established Member
Adding another to the list. Bought my kit from Beefcake back in mid May. Got to my house in less than a week. I held off on the install for a couple weeks until I ordered my id 1000s and SCT x4. Once they arrived I began the install. Keeping in mind that I have never touched a car before the install was relatively easy. Took me about 3 weeks, working on it about as slowly as you could. Every other day I needed a tool I didn't have which was my biggest mistake. If I would have gathered everything up in the first place I would have had it done in about a week. I wish I would have taken more pictures as I went along, but I was already crawling as it was.

Initial steps, removing the bumper, draining coolant.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404427429.249788.jpg

Next up was disconnecting the pcv lines, coolant tank and hoses and stock air box assembley..ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404427507.528959.jpg

Next up was mounting the bracket, this was the biggest pain in the ass of the entire install. It did not come pre-assembled like it says, and none of the spacers are marked. I had to buy a caliper and measure them myself. Figuring out the bracket, spacers, pulleys, and getting it all together and forgetting to put the belt through took up 2 days alone. This was how it sat at this point..ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404427767.901590.jpg

Next up was the intercooler, took me a while to get the flanges to line up on both sides correctly, I was doing it by myself which made it even more difficult..ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404427860.998622.jpg

Next up was the fan, not going to talk about it. It sucked. It was hitting the pipe as you can see in this pic and just kept giving me trouble going in..ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404428073.343671.jpg

bullittrevor

Established Member
Fan finally in, "hot side" piping routed ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404428621.774267.jpg

Next up was to take the fuel rail out to install the new injectors. Right after I got the rail out I felt something on my hand, looked down and had a pretty nasty slice across my knuckle that was actually gushing for a while after. Doesn't look like much and I never felt my finger slide across anything but it was quite deep and made me feel light headed for a while. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404428779.606110.jpg

With the fuel rail in, all that was left was the "cold side" piping and stock intake reinstall ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404428943.129373.jpg

Lastly was changing plugs, like I said this was the first time I've touched a car so I took a pic of my first plug removal lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404429006.701819.jpg

After any little loose were tied up ends it was time to load the base tune and start it for the first time..View attachment 19225

Fired up instantly on he first turn of the key, idled fine for a few minutes then I shut it off and get ready to datalog the next day. Datalog procedure was a pain in the beginning thanks to the x4 and windows 8 not wanted to work with one another. Once I got that figured out it was a breeze working with Lund II. Sent a couple idle logs, a couple cruise and light throttle logs and a few WOT pulls and that was that. 3 revisions in total and it ran like a champ. Huge thank you to Beefcake and Lund II for everything. All emails, datalogs and questions answered within the hour. I'm still waiting to find some better fuel and will send another WOT log when I decide which route to go..maybe E-85

Now on to the negatives about the kit. Most of the things that frustrated me seemed like nothing more than laziness on Paxton's behalf.

1. Anything that said "pre assembled" in the directions was not pre assembled. This included the bracket and passenger pcv line.

2. The rubber vacuum line that runs from the bpv is WAY too small. I had to stretch it out by putting hex key handles in the ends overnight and it was still a hassle to get it on the fittings.

3. The stock air box does not fit correctly when you flip the lower radiator hose. It pinches the hose between the air box and s/c piping. I didn't like that at all so I bought a JLT

Other than that I have no complaints. Can't wait to get some tires and take it to the track. Lots of misspelling thanks to typing most of this on my phone. View attachment 19229

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Hells yeah!! :rockon: lookin good so far! Can't wait for boostage myself :beer: hope it runs good for ya

bullittrevor

Established Member

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Hey man, great pics! Looking good! Thanks again for the spacer. Once I get mine running again I'm gonna hit the track, I'll let u know.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Congrats on getting it done, You can look back on this everytime you drive the car and be proud that you actually did the work yourself instead of paying a shop to do it.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Big props from never changing a plug on a car and jumping straight to a blower install!

The main thing I found working around cars is what you noted.......taking your time and having the right tool for the job = quality work.

bullittrevor

Established Member
Anyone else have the black finish come off the pulleys? Not a huge deal I guess just kind of making a little mess, just wondering if it's abnormal to have it happen especially so quick

Users who are viewing this thread