Paxton is on! (Pictures)

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
The blower is on now just have to wait for next week for a remote tune! The shop did a great job with the install! Thanks to Beefcake for the awesome prices and customer service!

Here is some eye candy!

2012-03-02_08-56-44_172.jpg

2012-03-02_12-17-17_828.jpg

2012-03-02_12-17-27_163.jpg

2012-03-02_15-25-01_62.jpg

2012-03-02_15-25-09_655.jpg

I didn't think i would need a bap but after talking to a few people on s197 they told me with the Paxton and competetion intake it will make 10 lbs of boost and i will need a bap for that. I'm trying to find one by Monday as it will be getting tuned then but we will see. It might just have to be detuned for a while and i'll get a bap and boss intake then get it retuned. I'll have Videos of the dyno run come Tuesday or Wednesday!

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I was stuck between getting the Paxton from Beefcake or the Roush. I really just tossed a coin and made a decision b/c I was tired of battling with it. Looks really nice. Subscribing for the results.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I was stuck between getting the Paxton from Beefcake or the Roush. I really just tossed a coin and made a decision b/c I was tired of battling with it. Looks really nice. Subscribing for the results.
same boat man, paxton looks good but i like the Roush better. All though the new Hellion TT kit is pretty sick!

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
That's nice! Keep us updated. Who is tuning it?

Lund is going to be remote tuning. Just waiting for them to get back from Bradenton.

I was at first too but after riding in a whipple 5.0 i just felt like it was way too much stress on the car all the time and wouldn't last as long. We will see.

same boat man, paxton looks good but i like the Roush better. All though the new Hellion TT kit is pretty sick!

I hope you are joking about the hellion tt kit.

MyGT8U

Established Member
I hope to be doing the same kit in the future so it will be good to hear about your thoughts after the car is tuned!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member

just saw that on hellion's website.. if it's anything like their single kit, then it will be a huge Fail.

OP, time to update your sig :D

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Lund is going to be remote tuning. Just waiting for them to get back from Bradenton.

I was at first too but after riding in a whipple 5.0 i just felt like it was way too much stress on the car all the time and wouldn't last as long. We will see.

I hope you are joking about the hellion tt kit.

what do you mean stress on the car? wouldnt it be the same or is it less due to the belt location?

as far as the hellion lol if you havent seen it its pretty badass. 5.4 psi and making 618 to the tires. looks like it would be a pretty good set up.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Stress wasnt the right word but the instant torque the car had isn't something i wanted in my daily driver setup. I only want to feel it at full throttle so i chose to go with the centri. As far as the hellion tt kit yes i have seen it. Until more people test it i wouldn't put too much faith in it. The single turbo hellion kit claimed a similar number and if you are a member on s197 forums you will see the kit itself has so many problems. Something along the lines of back pressure and a few parts that came with the kit needed to be swapped out. That isn't the only post i have seem documenting such problems with the hellion kits. I was about to get one until i read up on them for the Coyote. I hope there TT kit doesn't have the same problems.

Here is a link to that thread:
[ame=http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75025]WWW.S197FORUM.COM[/ame]

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
looks exactly like mine ! even that JLT filter.

Did you get the complete kit ?
if yes, i wonder how your car behaves with paxtons tune ?
do you have any gauges ?

And yes you will need a BAP and bigger injectors.

I want Shaun Perry from AED to tune my car and he said he will only do it if i get ID 1000 injectors. Which i am planning on doing along with a BAP just in case. After that i will take my BOSS IM and drive to CA and get tuned by Shaun.

Last edited:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I'm going with lund and he said as long as i don't plan on going over 9lbs of boost i don't need a bap and 47lb injectors will be fine but 10 psi i will need a bap. I'm going to overnight one on Monday and get tuned on Tuesday! I have an Aeroforce gauge. I bought the tuner kit from beefcake. When he told me the price i gave him my credit card info right there :)

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
I'm going with lund and he said as long as i don't plan on going over 9lbs of boost i don't need a bap and 47lb injectors will be fine but 10 psi i will need a bap. I'm going to overnight one on Monday and get tuned on Tuesday! I have an Aeroforce gauge. I bought the tuner kit from beefcake. When he told me the price i gave him my credit card info right there :)

i was talking to beef as well about that paxton kit. if my wife wasnt holding on to the plastic i would prob be installing the paxton this weekend lol. Im just really damn partial to the TVS.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
The blower is on now just have to wait for next week for a remote tune! The shop did a great job with the install! Thanks to Beefcake for the awesome prices and customer service!

I didn't think i would need a bap but after talking to a few people on s197 they told me with the Paxton and competetion intake it will make 10 lbs of boost and i will need a bap for that. I'm trying to find one by Monday as it will be getting tuned then but we will see. It might just have to be detuned for a while and i'll get a bap and boss intake then get it retuned. I'll have Videos of the dyno run come Tuesday or Wednesday!

i'm making 10.5 psi and still on 47's and no BAP. i will be swapping 60's in very soon but i'm nowhere near running out of pump

2011redcandy

Established Member
I really wish I could make up my mind between the Paxton and Roush, I have 72# ID injectors and BAP just sitting here waiting......

Cant wait for the Vids!

Last edited:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
i'm making 10.5 psi and still on 47's and no BAP. i will be swapping 60's in very soon but i'm nowhere near running out of pump

Thats good to hear! What are all your mods. I would be extremely happy if i could save the bap money right now!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread