Paxton is on! (Pictures)

RusWolf

Established Member
I'm going with lund and he said as long as i don't plan on going over 9lbs of boost i don't need a bap and 47lb injectors will be fine but 10 psi i will need a bap. I'm going to overnight one on Monday and get tuned on Tuesday! I have an Aeroforce gauge. I bought the tuner kit from beefcake. When he told me the price i gave him my credit card info right there :)

Interesting,
I wonder why some tuners say you need bigger injectors and some say you do not.

Once everything is done and tuned check your long trim B2 on aeroforce and see what it reads.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Interesting,
I wonder why some tuners say you need bigger injectors and some say you do not.

Once everything is done and tuned check your long trim B2 on aeroforce and see what it reads.

I don't know the answer to that but. If you're not planning on going over 12lbs of boost i would think id1000's would be way overkill. Did you ever get all your problems with the blower kit situated?

RusWolf

Established Member
I don't know the answer to that but. If you're not planning on going over 12lbs of boost i would think id1000's would be way overkill. Did you ever get all your problems with the blower kit situated?

Yes, i was able to fix all the fitting issues and leaks. I fixed my upper radiator hose leaks and another leak for due to me puncturing the radiator somehow so i had to buy a new radiator.

Now the car throws CEL for lean code sometimes. And i have checked for air leaks 2 times now and no leak was found. 1 of those times was done by a professional shop designated as Paxton/Vortech top-tier installer.

Paxton sent me a new tuner and i should have it on monday, hopefully new tune will fix that issue and everything will be good.

yes i think 1000cc is an overkill a little bit but they are the same price as 750cc and 850 so Shaun recommended i get 1000's and that's the only Injectors i will ever need.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
what do you mean stress on the car? wouldnt it be the same or is it less due to the belt location?

as far as the hellion lol if you havent seen it its pretty badass. 5.4 psi and making 618 to the tires. looks like it would be a pretty good set up.

The hellion kit is garbage dude, take the advice. It's mounted like shit, uses a shit turbo, has EMAP problems, needs a scavenger pump for oil, fitment issues, etc....

alcarames

Established Member
Car will be nasty when finished. Nicely done. Excuse my ignorance... what is bap?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
The hellion kit is garbage dude, take the advice. It's mounted like shit, uses a shit turbo, has EMAP problems, needs a scavenger pump for oil, fitment issues, etc....

this is a new top mount twin set up. trust me im not running out to buy one anytime soon. I just thought this new one was cool. perhaps the fixed some of the issues with the TT kit over the single. :shrug:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Well the car has ran out of fuel and i need a bap. A bap from Vortech will be here tomorrow. So far i'm at 530hp/476tq on a mustang dyno. I'm extremely happy with those numbers.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
this is a new top mount twin set up. trust me im not running out to buy one anytime soon. I just thought this new one was cool. perhaps the fixed some of the issues with the TT kit over the single. :shrug:

The shop I go to is installing a hellion TT kit on a 2012 coyote right now, Ill try to swing by and get some pics and talk to the owner and see what he has to say about the kit.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Just noticed this thread. Car runs great and has been my daily driver for a while now. I have almost 5k miles on it and 3k were with blower. I just did a photo shoot with NateSvt on here and he will be posting pictures soon. I have an extremely safe tune on the car and on the mustang dyno the final numbers were 541/446. I got 501 torque at 4100rpms and by 7300rpms i was down to 446. The car pulls strong and has a sick topend with the stock 3.15 gears. Once i get headers i will be getting a more aggressive tune so ill be looking for around 620rwhp.

Heres a video of my car on a roll with a supra:
Supercharged 2012 Mustang 5.0 & Huge turbo Supra flyby - YouTube

and heres a sneak peak picture of the photoshoot:
15ygbhc.jpg

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
If you were only making 541/446 in that video then either that is the slowest 80mm supra on the planet or he didn't know you were racing.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Nah the supra was only on14 lbs of boost. When its on 30 thats a different story haha! As it sits right now it takes way too long to spin that turbo. Hes going down to a smaller size now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread