Paxton Novi 2200 install 2014 MT82 base GT

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The install could be painful if you don't have patience and tools. I did mine in a day. Under 12 hours drinking more beers and talking shit with my buddy that was helping me. I noticed that there were steps during the install that could be done quicker more efficient I suppose. The instructions were clear though. I would do it again without much trouble to another 2011+ gt

lshin037

Established Member
Much respect to you guys that have done this in a day and have enough patience to post progress pics while doing it. I had the right tools but lack in the patience department. I admit alot of my time was wasted looking for tools that I had just used minutes ago.

One thing I can be proud of is that I did it myself (with the help of the TBR crew and forum members) and the most I've done to my past cars is changing the oil.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
..... I admit alot of my time was wasted looking for tools that I had just used minutes ago.

One thing I can be proud of is that I did it myself (with the help of the TBR crew and forum members) and the most I've done to my past cars is changing the oil.

Ha!! My wife has walked into the garage on numerous occasions and caught me wasting precious time searching for the wrench I just had in my hand 5 minutes ago. DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Congrats knocking this out if the most you had done until now is change oil! That puts your experience into perspective. Nicely done!

slow4dr

Established Member
A couple pics from the SoCal Stangz get together in Rancho Cucamonga last night.

IMG_1742_zpsb0um4xrt.jpg

IMG_1746_zpszaykfu22.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Quick video of my bud and I playing around on the Mexican highways.... good stuff. His car is a single turbo 2jz swapped IS300 on 20 psi.

Also plan on hitting the track this weekend ... cant wait!

[video=youtube_share;hmYmB7JXb6Y]http://youtu.be/hmYmB7JXb6Y[/video]

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You know what.... I don't know any of those guys... Just saw online that a small show was happening so me and a couple buddies showed up.

big black 5.0

Established Member
What type of mass air are you running blow through or draw through and how is the driveability thanks

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Blow through. Drivability is as smooth as stock.. No stalling or surging.

I have 0 complaints about the tune. Overall extremely impressed.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Suppose its time for an update. The car has gone through a few changes. I added a wastegate, gates 100" belt, and a 3.33" pulley. The car definitely pulls harder down low but belt is slipping up top due to the 3.73 gears and how quickly the motor revs... there are a few threads going around about this problem.

Drivability also suffered a bit from the 3.33. I need to send some logs to Lund and get an update.

Because of the belt slipping issue, i went to a 3.6 pulley. Car runs great with this pulley and drivability is almost as good as it was with the 3.8.

However i am missing how powerful it was down low with the 3.33 and as such am going to install 3.27 gears this weekend. Ive never done a ring and pinion swap so wish me luck.

These gears will allow 138-140mph or so with no 5th gear shift in the quarter mile on a 27.5" drag radial at about 7300 rpms.

image_zpstnilwqvp.jpg

Famine

Established Member
Quick video of my bud and I playing around on the Mexican highways.... good stuff. His car is a single turbo 2jz swapped IS300 on 20 psi.

Very nice. I would have figured he would have given you a better run for your money. Is your belt slip due to no 8 rib setup or are you already running that?

If the Paxton is supposedly easier to install than the tvs, I'm sure it can't be that bad. I feel the tvs was a cakewalk. I just had to learn to depin those connectors called out and bam.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member

gimmie11's did you ever make it down the drag strip yet?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I made it to the track with the stock 3.8 pulley and wasn't so impressed. It ran a best of 11.4@125 shifting into 5th due to the 3.73s which sucked.

Im definitely looking for more out of the setup hence me diving into the gear swap this weekend.

The gears should get me 3-4 mph by themselves and I'll also be running the 3.6 next time out. Id like to get 130+ out of it.

Here's one of the slower passes from that day.... .

[video=youtube;OTm15zRIuQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTm15zRIuQo[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread