paxton or set of twins

poof100

Established Member
I believe he's doing a custom turbo setup. Not sure what that has to do with anything, doesn't mean the car will be quicker.

it may be, it may not be.

Whoa, don't get your feathers all ruffled. Just pointing out that he went pretty fast with a Paxton and now is running a Turbo. I guess we will see how fast the new setup goes in BG.

CPRsm

give me a ring and we can talk about a build.
Don't be shy. It's not going be any more than 4699 is it? :lol1:

I went 9.03 with the jt head unit, stock intercooler, no meth, no nitrous, full weight. and that was at our local track driving it in, making 2 hits and driving home.
see that wasn't so hard. Any paxton/vortech setups going 8's blower only, other than you?

seans kit was an off the shelf kit. he had other mods too, I don't know every mod he had though.
Then it's kinda hard to use him as an example when we're talking $$/ET and you don't know, ain't it?

again, you don't know the $$ to get a car in the 8's, because it hasn't been done. what is the quickest one of your kits has run?
Coyote? 10's.
Other vehicles with my parts? 6's, 8's and 9's. Even a 4500 brick of truck running 9.20's lol. So I have a smidgen of an idea what it will take. I guarantee my 7300 dollar base kit will see 8's. So I wouldn't try to confuse what is or isn't capable with the timing of it actually happening. ;-)

the Paxton's have been running circles around the turbo's for over 3 years now.
idk if I would hang my hat on that. Most of that is based on first to market. Same head unit, CNC a bracket, minimal R&D, here's a blower kit. Lol
Turbos take more work, always to market last. It's not like they were both on the scene at the time and blowers jumped out front. This doesn't of course include any half ass attempts at a turbo kit. I do believe if you look at the time available to customer, to a given ET, turbo has them all covered except 8's.

at the end of the day, for lots of power, for the least inexpensive investment, nothing beats the Paxton kit.
We'll have to disagree. That idea works on stock engines. But Lots of power, I just don't see paxton or vortech making 1100-1300rwhp(running 8's)with an off the shelf kit, or much less money if any than my kit.

once your going for 8's consistently, there is going to be a lot more involved. As far as saying your kit is better off to do it. If it's that easy, then do it! :)
I didn't say easy, don't go puttin' words in mouths lol. I said better equiped out of the box, less extra parts to buy after initial purchase. Yes, there is more involved to go 8's w a paxton/vortech, and therefor more money, as was the original point. Or we can make a gentleman's bet? My kit goes 8's at similar or cheaper than paxton/vortech, with better inlet temps? I don't generally compete with "mine is cheaper." But as the original point stands, to go 8's, you're not going to save gobs of money going blower.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Whoa, don't get your feathers all ruffled. Just pointing out that he went pretty fast with a Paxton and now is running a Turbo. I guess we will see how fast the new setup goes in BG.

They aren't ruffled, Sean's a good buddy of mine, we just talked this morning.

My point, was , your point doesn't really have a point, lol.

Don't be shy. It's not going be any more than 4699 is it? :lol1:

see that wasn't so hard. Any paxton/vortech setups going 8's blower only, other than you?

Then it's kinda hard to use him as an example when we're talking $$/ET and you don't know, ain't it?

Coyote? 10's.
Other vehicles with my parts? 6's, 8's and 9's. Even a 4500 brick of truck running 9.20's lol. So I have a smidgen of an idea what it will take. I guarantee my 7300 dollar base kit will see 8's. So I wouldn't try to confuse what is or isn't capable with the timing of it actually happening. ;-)

idk if I would hang my hat on that. Most of that is based on first to market. Same head unit, CNC a bracket, minimal R&D, here's a blower kit. Lol
Turbos take more work, always to market last. It's not like they were both on the scene at the time and blowers jumped out front. This doesn't of course include any half ass attempts at a turbo kit. I do believe if you look at the time available to customer, to a given ET, turbo has them all covered except 8's.

We'll have to disagree. That idea works on stock engines. But Lots of power, I just don't see paxton or vortech making 1100-1300rwhp(running 8's)with an off the shelf kit, or much less money if any than my kit.

I didn't say easy, don't go puttin' words in mouths lol. I said better equiped out of the box, less extra parts to buy after initial purchase. Yes, there is more involved to go 8's w a paxton/vortech, and therefor more money, as was the original point. Or we can make a gentleman's bet? My kit goes 8's at similar or cheaper than paxton/vortech, with better inlet temps? I don't generally compete with "mine is cheaper." But as the original point stands, to go 8's, you're not going to save gobs of money going blower.

I didn't need nitrous or meth to run 8's. I ran 8.74 in florida the same way I was driving the car everyday. Drove to and from the track all 4 days in florida, hung out at hooters, etc... Took people for drives.

The change for florida was the YSI. Which is a off the shelf part # from Vortech that we sell. And, it can still be bought for a very reasonable price from me.

We didn't add the meth til after FL.

As far as first to market. We are 3 1/2 years since the cars have been released. How long does it take to fab some pipes for a kit? It's not like the cars were released 6 months ago and everyone is scrambling at this point.

If I wanted a turbo on the car, I could have went to my fab guy 3 1/2 years ago and had a turbo kit built rather quickly. We are getting ready for the next generation of mustang here. At some point, the cars need to hit the track..

I'll be at bowling green for match races, like I said. All these turbo cars are welcome to show up. (again). None of them seemed to make the call for Norwalk either.

Edit: And don't get me wrong I know you know what your doing. But that doesn't make for a fun debate, lol.

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
They aren't ruffled, Sean's a good buddy of mine, we just talked this morning.

My point, was , your point doesn't really have a point, lol.

Ok if you say so. :rollseyes

If you really think it's that easy to just fab up some pipes and slap a turbo kit together, then have at it. I'd love to see how that kit turns out. It's not as easy as you think. Doesn't your crew know how difficult it is to make a nice kit?

Unless the cars blow up between now and BG, the turbo cars will be there in various forms. Stock motor with a stick, built motor on 20" radials with an auto and built motor with a ........ :dw:

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Turbo cars out perform Blower cars if they are the same Build. Put twin 6768's on your car Terry, and you will definitely go faster. I mean we can't compare YOUR exact car to every turbo car out there. Because YOUR car is a serious build done by competent people, driven by an experienced driver. You can't argue Turbos vs. Blowers, because turbos have already won that battle years ago. You can't say only on a coyote are blowers better JUST because people haven't gone fast with turbos either. That's like you Like blondes more than brunettes but you've been with 100 brunettes and only 2 blondes. The fastest coyotes in the US are owned by people who stuck with their roots and went blower. Turbo stuff is still new to some guys and a lot of them just don't want to change with the times.

The writing is on the wall. Turbo kits are slowly but surely replacing supercharger kits. It's just how it is. Even OEM's are putting turbos in everything these days. Audi went backwards but I guarantee that changes back soon.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
The thing is that im going for 1000+ hp and i know the roush would hold me back

You better be ready to dish out some cash because trust me I'm on that road now and it isn't for the faint of heart to see a pile of cash go poof granted you have parts to show for it but the running total can be a bit obscene.

You'll definitely need a strong engine and all the right supporting mods but in the end it'll be a monster but trust me it would be "alot" cheaper to stay in the 800- 900 range lol.

3 oh 2

Established Member
I loved my paxton but the seat of the pants feel of a turbo is hard to beat. I have 8k in my tt kit, Fore fuel system, circle d converter, tune, etc.
Are you running the on3 performance kit the way you bought it from them or did you change any parts

3 oh 2

Established Member
You better be ready to dish out some cash because trust me I'm on that road now and it isn't for the faint of heart to see a pile of cash go poof granted you have parts to show for it but the running total can be a bit obscene.

You'll definitely need a strong engine and all the right supporting mods but in the end it'll be a monster but trust me it would be "alot" cheaper to stay in the 800- 900 range lol.

I just hope i dont have to sale a kidney if i run out of cash .

CPRsm

Way to dodge the questions. "Beefcake for (entire political position here)" LOL
Come on buddy, I openly answered questions.

I didn't need nitrous or meth to run 8's. I ran 8.74 in florida the same way I was driving the car everyday. Drove to and from the track all 4 days in florida, hung out at hooters, etc... Took people for drives.
You keep throwing out it's merits like I'm calling them junk lol. How much does the setup cost to run 8.74? Your blower, tubing fab, nitrous, meth, weight savings parts(tubular), etc.
All other discussion is moot to the point we were making lol
What does did it cost for a vortech to go 8's?

The change for florida was the YSI. Which is a off the shelf part # from Vortech that we sell. And, it can still be bought for a very reasonable price from me.
So it would cause the base 4699 price to go up? And it's a direct bolt in, no fab to change the head unit?

As far as first to market. We are 3 1/2 years since the cars have been released. How long does it take to fab some pipes for a kit? It's not like the cars were released 6 months ago and everyone is scrambling at this point.
Well I can tell u it's a bit harder than programming a CNC drawing :lol1:
The tubing is the easy part. Jigs for repeated precise install, and correctly sized parts is the difficult and time consuming part. I'm sure you could slap a turd together in a weekend or two if tou really wanted to lol.We don't get to bolt on the same head unit for every engine like blowers. If it was easy companies could have had turbo kits built right the first time around lol. I can't speak too much for others but I was building other kits (two at the same time) when the coyote came out for my company and others. More kits for other companies than myself lol. So I'm not terribly worried about it, it's a turtles race to lose :D

If I wanted a turbo on the car, I could have went to my fab guy 3 1/2 years ago and had a turbo kit built rather quickly. We are getting ready for the next generation of mustang here. At some point, the cars need to hit the track..
And you would have had a custom kit you couldn't sell, even if it was faster ;) That's just business sense, not a knock against turbos haha.

I'll be at bowling green for match races, like I said. All these turbo cars are welcome to show up. (again). None of them seemed to make the call for Norwalk either.

Edit: And don't get me wrong I know you know what your doing. But that doesn't make for a fun debate, lol.
Wouldn't be any fun without shit talking lol. Idk if my guys will make it. A trek for some w little testing might not be worth it. But hear there might be some stuff out there you can play with ;-)

I like red heads........lol! Red heads = magnuson....lol

Why?
This was 7psi magnuson vs 8.5psi
CPRvsMagnuson.jpg

Well, I guess if the carpet matches the curtains, or hardwood floors!! Lol

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I just hope i dont have to sale a kidney if i run out of cash .

Already sold mine! But have fun man if you have any questions hit me up on PM probably asked a ton to people with experience at this level, so I can answer most of the setup questions for that level.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Way to dodge the questions. "Beefcake for (entire political position here)" LOL
Come on buddy, I openly answered questions.

You keep throwing out it's merits like I'm calling them junk lol. How much does the setup cost to run 8.74? Your blower, tubing fab, nitrous, meth, weight savings parts(tubular), etc.
All other discussion is moot to the point we were making lol
What does did it cost for a vortech to go 8's?

Wouldn't be any fun without shit talking lol. Idk if my guys will make it. A trek for some w little testing might not be worth it. But hear there might be some stuff out there you can play with ;-)

as far as what it costs to run 8's, there are more factors than just slapping on a s/c. the YSI kit as it comes from vortech, with a pulley change, can make enough power to go 8's.

What it retails for is around $6200, as for what it can be bought for. That's for a pm.

you'll need a fuel system (like any power adder), you'll need a build block (like any power adder), your going to need some weight reduction (like any power adder)

but, the kit itself, will make enough power with a smaller pulley on it.

As far as "testing", didn't that kit make over 1000rwhp over 2-3 months ago? how much testing do you need? After our last round of new changes and completely redoing everything in the car, we finished up at 12:30 am and was at the track 5 hours away racing at 9am......

I'm sure we'll be doing the same thing before BG. So, it's an even playing field! :)

Deespeed99

Established Member
as far as what it costs to run 8's, there are more factors than just slapping on a s/c. the YSI kit as it comes from vortech, with a pulley change, can make enough power to go 8's.

What it retails for is around $6200, as for what it can be bought for. That's for a pm.

you'll need a fuel system (like any power adder), you'll need a build block (like any power adder), your going to need some weight reduction (like any power adder)

but, the kit itself, will make enough power with a smaller pulley on it.

As far as "testing", didn't that kit make over 1000rwhp over 2-3 months ago? how much testing do you need? After our last round of new changes and completely redoing everything in the car, we finished up at 12:30 am and was at the track 5 hours away racing at 9am......

I'm sure we'll be doing the same thing before BG. So, it's an even playing field! :)

Arent you still testing your setup? I thought it was down since norwalk?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Are all these turbo kit's including fuel injectors or is that 7k base price without?

tuner kit so no injectors or BAP

ours is 6799
Hellion is 7499

CPR has alot of options so he can fill you in on his prices

Also for the record Shawn Kelly has a JPC turbo 76mm Billet Wheel. he will be at KOTS and hes going to bust some ass

we will also have our original Turbo car at KOTS Al Davis so if anyone wants to check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread