Paxton or Vortech... please explain your boost curve

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lol, I'm sure there is a tiny bit of slip, there always is at these power levels, you just need to do what you got to do for races. street driving, never worried about changing belts, but I wasn't running it up as much either.

when your doing race car kind of power, you need to do race car maintenance. we check lots of stuff after every pass, but that's what you do when you want to play in the 8's or better

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Its not an anti-paxton thing whatsoever. Its the silly comments like "I run low 8's with no belt slip" like belt slip on a paxton/vortech is a myth like a unicorn... he fails to mention the fact that u have to change belts every 3 runs... which I agree that its nothing for a car that fast, just the way its portrayed, like in every post he makes.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Its not an anti-paxton thing whatsoever. Its the silly comments like "I run low 8's with no belt slip" like belt slip on a paxton/vortech is a myth like a unicorn... he fails to mention the fact that u have to change belts every 3 runs... which I agree that its nothing for a car that fast, just the way its portrayed, like in every post he makes.

Ok so he runs low 8's with no belt slip. He has mentioned in numerous other posts that on carbinite pulleys that he swaps after 2-3 runs.

You need to learn to not stick your dick in every Paxton post. You have such a hard on for terry that it is getting old.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Ok so he runs low 8's with no belt slip. He has mentioned in numerous other posts that on carbinite pulleys that he swaps after 2-3 runs.

You need to learn to not stick your dick in every Paxton post. You have such a hard on for terry that it is getting old.

Why are u involved?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
the turbo vs centri vs PD blower discussion will never end.

I want 650-700 whp. For me, a centri blower would do just fine and im sure at that power level there will not be enough belt slip to lose any sleep over.

If I wanted to play in 800+ whp land I would absolutely without a doubt go turbo. A 76mm single or two small twins at 800whp are literally barely working. In other words, an 800whp turbo coyote is a damn near maintence/headache free car (assuming supporting mods). Add fuel and go.

The same can be said for a 650whp centri car IMO.

Pick your desired HP level and open your wallet-- done.

mhyjek

Established Member
the turbo vs centri vs PD blower discussion will never end.

I want 650-700 whp. For me, a centri blower would do just fine and im sure at that power level there will not be enough belt slip to lose any sleep over.

If I wanted to play in 800+ whp land I would absolutely without a doubt go turbo. A 76mm single or two small twins at 800whp are literally barely working. In other words, an 800whp turbo coyote is a damn near maintence/headache free car (assuming supporting mods). Add fuel and go.

The same can be said for a 650whp centri car IMO.

Pick your desired HP level and open your wallet-- done.

If you go centri put beefcakes wastegate on it makes a world of difference with a boss manifold! My car made good power but from a roll it was good but now it is stout. I have a tremec with 2.66 gearset and 4.10 gears so it is geared a little taller than mt82 with 3.31's now from a 70 hit in third I break the tires loose with the cold air we are seeing in NJ. Now before Mebcop comments his PD does this; I know but spinning isn't winning and I have a new problem to deal with lol. I couldn't imagine driving a PD with similar power to mine because the traction problem would be insane... Not knocking a PD just happy with my setup and will be tracking this week an follow up with #'s

Users who are viewing this thread