Paxton or Vortech

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Paxton kit is good for 1000rwhp as it is. I would go with that. Message Beefcake Or Jpc on these forums for a way better price than either of those listed.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I went with the Paxton kit, because you can get more out the Novi 2200. Either way, they are the same kits, with different head units.

zemog255

Established Member
I know everyone says the Paxton headunit will make a 1000+ but where does the vortech seem to max out? The reason I ask is I like the look of the black vortech kit but I don't want to max out the vortech too easily.

wnt2gofst

Banned
I know everyone says the Paxton headunit will make a 1000+ but where does the vortech seem to max out? The reason I ask is I like the look of the black vortech kit but I don't want to max out the vortech too easily.

What are your power goals? If looking for anything close to 800whp+ look at the paxton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Why would anyone choose the Vortech option with Paxton having the better head unit?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Why would anyone choose the Vortech option with Paxton having the better head unit?

it isn't a "better" head unit, it's a larger head unit.

If you are only looking for power in the 525-600rwhp, the vortech will be closer to its peak efficiency.

it should be a little more responsive down low on the base kit.

The paxton has more room to grow, but that doesn't make it a "better" head unit.

The vortech with supporting mods will take you around the 700-750 rwhp range maxing it out

the 2200 will take you to over 1000rwhp

Eric@jpc

Established Member
The V3 is a legit head unit. Its basically a S trim with a T trim impeller. WE have made great power with them in the past. but to be honest we have had anyone really push the limits with the vortech here at the shop. I know Beef is making big power but i think he has a T trim.

Another option for you guys is the 2200SL COMPETITON SYSTEM.

That kit is ready to make huge power.
2200 blower (oil feed so you need to tap in to the oil pan) its a better blower then the regular 2200 though.
It has the big air intake
and a 8 rib ready to go out of the box!!

Talk about a set up ready to throw down 1000 hp if you have the engine to do it.

You can hit me up for pricing on any of the kits as were are too low to list.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The V3 is a legit head unit. Its basically a S trim with a T trim impeller. WE have made great power with them in the past. but to be honest we have had anyone really push the limits with the vortech here at the shop. I know Beef is making big power but i think he has a T trim.

2200 blower (oil feed so you need to tap in to the oil pan) its a better blower then the regular 2200 though.

Talk about a set up ready to throw down 1000 hp if you have the engine to do it.

mine is a jt, originally had the t trim, the jt is basically the 2200 with the vortech name.

I do have the oil fed setup as well.

Some people don't like tapping the oil pan, but I don't mind. I like not having to change the lower oil. And we change the oil so often in the car, it's always fresh.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
mine is a jt, originally had the t trim, the jt is basically the 2200 with the vortech name.

I do have the oil fed setup as well.

Some people don't like tapping the oil pan, but I don't mind. I like not having to change the lower oil. And we change the oil so often in the car, it's always fresh.

You need to man up and get that XI trim! :banana:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
i'm debating the ysi right now
benStillerDoIt1.jpg

G-NOTE

Established Member
I'm looking to be around 700-750 to the wheels.

I got to take out my buddys 09' Z06 with a magnacharger making 630 to the wheels.

I'm guessing 700-750 should do it!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member

Why is it called the 2200SL competition system if it isn't using the 2200SL head unit?

Users who are viewing this thread