Payments?

keynan

Established Member
Hey guys I have been wanting an 03/04 cobra for sometime now and I have some money saved up not a lot but 5k so far and I have come the the conclusion thanks to members here that buying my old gt back is not a good idea so that leaves me with only 1 option left and that an 03/04 cobra. My question is what are your payments? I have some bills right now and I'm almost done paying credit cards off and wanted to see if this was something I could afford now or if I needed to wait a few more months.

Thanks guys,
Keynan

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
first of all, good luck getting a loan....

but with that said, it is gonna vary soooo much that you need to talk to a couple different financial institutions. remember that in their eyes it is a 7yr old car

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
word! i was in the same boat 3 weeks ago 5k down and 3 banks told me to get lost lol i dumpt the cash on my sn95 cobra

Last edited:

keynan

Established Member
I don't have a problem getting loans ever one good thing I can say is I got great credit lol once my cards are paid off (end of this yr) I will have about 8-9k to put down
With them being older would it be better for me to come up with more???

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
If you have good credit you shouldn't have a problem with that kind of down payment. I pay 366/mo on mine and financed 21k, it all depends on your credit and how much you make. Good luck

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Here's my question...once your credit cards are payed off by the end of this year you will have 8-9K down?
Why not pay the credit cards now...then save from there...
Either way...plan for a little extra money for repairs, etc...these cars do need the best lovin' care

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Here's my question...once your credit cards are payed off by the end of this year you will have 8-9K down?
Why not pay the credit cards now...then save from there...
Either way...plan for a little extra money for repairs, etc...these cars do need the best lovin' care

Ain't that the truth. Better have your maintenance game on point!!

keynan

Established Member
Reason being is because I have had that money saved for my toy only it's in a separate bank that I don't take money out I only put money in. It's my toy fund lol

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
The thing that sucks, is if the car is older then 3 years it is usually harder to get a loan, and if you do, the interest is higher. The next problem is after you get the car, your broke, and if your human your going to want to mod it.

Last edited:

Tylerb59

Established Member
If you can deal with shelling out $750 a month for total cost you'll do fine, assuming you're financing a entire loan and full insurance coverage. Depending on how much you drive per month gas money could be included in that figure without issue and if you drive a lot it may actually cost that amount.

Always remember there is more to cost of ownership then straight up car payments so take a look at your finances and DO NOT spread yourself thin to allow some buffer for more important things like food and a mortgage. ;)

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Food is nothing.... Raman noodles all month is worth owning a Terminator. Haha!

keynan

Established Member
I have learned from a young age not to spread my spread myself thin. This will be a toy and it wont be driven except on sunny days and I do think I will start modding but not much till the summer. And yes I can afford a 700+ payment hell my truck payment is 635 :)

Tylerb59

Established Member
Get on it then. :banana:

Hard to beat the feeling I had when I took my car home for the first time as the new owner. It's been a real love hate relationship at times but these Cobras do alright. ;)

I always catch myself gazing.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I just bought one about 2 1/2 weeks ago for 24.5k and financed all of it with nothing down and my payments are 470.00 a month.

dam! whats your term and interest?

My first go-around due to the car only being 4-5 years old at that point i was able to finance $22,500 for a 7 year loan at 4.49% and payments were $430/mo.

Sold it, then repurchased it at $24k. Due to age, they could only do a 5 year term, and 6.49% interest. Payments are $530 and coupled with now my own insurance of $230/mo, i ****ing hate life.

Needless to say, its for sale.

Financing; sounds great in the beginning, give it a few months and it sucks major ass.

btw i just got approved (in case the cobra sells) for $5500 personal loan to buy my buddies 97 Eclipse Spyder GST (in immaculate condition). Interest was like halfway between a personal loan and a car loan if i let them have the title but then it needs full coverage. With no cobra payment, that shit will get paid off in like 2 months lol.

Jroc

Established Member
Take into account that insurance on these cars is a bitch.

Really high.

Users who are viewing this thread