People Who've driven both the 03 and 07

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
03SBSVT said:
Ok, I'm on your side man, but you can't compare a stick axle 2 link fox chassis to a stick axle 3 link S197 chassis. Its like comparing a F350's stick axle to the one in the ford torino, lol.

Fair enough. Although I've got a Panhard bar installed on my '89 GT.. doesn't that count as a 3-link setup?

and for the motor part, it does have bigger intake ports and bigger heads in general which in turn flow better making it a better motor, because we all know flow=hp

Yeah, I figured that went hand-in-hand with the larger displacement. :D

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
JiggaStyles09 said:
pontiac always told me that wider was better :shrug: :D

So do fat chicks! :lol1:

Lots of good arguments for the GT500. However, the biggest one for the '03/'04 Cobra is bang for the buck--there's about a $20K price difference between a new GT500 and a used Cobra.

Of course, we're not taking that into account here, but no matter how good the GT500 is compared to the Cobra, I can't swing that extra $20K. (And if I was shopping for a car in the $45K range, I think I would probably go for a Corvette. :nonono: )

TRXboy

Established Member
Not to thread jack - Bruce, got any more info on that matrix bracing? I'm trying to stiffen up my mach as much as possible with out going to a cage (just yet).

wildosvt04

Established Member
TheFleshRocket said:

Lots of good arguments for the GT500. However, the biggest one for the '03/'04 Cobra is bang for the buck--there's about a $20K price difference between a new GT500 and a used Cobra.

Of course, we're not taking that into account here, but no matter how good the GT500 is compared to the Cobra, I can't swing that extra $20K. (And if I was shopping for a car in the $45K range, I think I would probably go for a Corvette. :nonono: )

I'll happily shell out the extra 20K!:kaboom:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
TRXboy said:
Not to thread jack - Bruce, got any more info on that matrix bracing? I'm trying to stiffen up my mach as much as possible with out going to a cage (just yet).

Well, the extreme matrix bracing was a Kenny Brown product. I've had enough experience with Kenny Brown stuff to not recommend it. :(

I'd go with the MM FLSFC'c and just be done with it. :-D

03SBSVT

Banned
TheFleshRocket said:

I agree that if I was going to drop 45-50k it'd be for a black C6

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
03SBSVT said:
what do you think is the best selling point for someone with an 03 to get them into a GT500? prices and weight out of the eqaution.

Because "the Condor" sounds way more cool than the "The Terminator":poke:
:lol1:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
03SBSVT said:
no I didn't, enlighten me. :dw: :lol:

Ok, I'm on your side man, but you can't compare a stick axle 2 link fox chassis to a stick axle 3 link S197 chassis. Its like comparing a F350's stick axle to the one in the ford torino, lol.

and for the motor part, it does have bigger intake ports and bigger heads in general which in turn flow better making it a better motor, because we all know flow=hp

The fox is a 4 link :pepper:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
JiggaStyles09 said:
pontiac always told me that wider was better :shrug: :D

e aho la ula?

Or what was their Hawaiian version of that they used in the commercials? So lame :rollseyes

SlowSVT

Established Member
wildosvt04 said:
So are the 72+ Torino's. My 65 Galaxie has a 3 link almost identical to the S197. :D

You mean to tell me the GT500 uses a modified 65 Galaxy rear suspension. Ford is taking this retro thing too far :nono: Too bad they don't use the double A-arm's up front as well :cuss:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
You mean to tell me the GT500 uses a modified 65 Galaxy rear suspension. Ford is taking this retro thing too far :nono: Too bad they don't use the double A-arm's up front as well :cuss:

talk about retro. just look at the transverse rear leaf springs located underneath the back end of the c6 frame. and they want 45k for this car????:lol:

SlowSVT

Established Member
03SBSVT said:
Actually, "condor" sounds like something you'd say to a gay guy. :shrug: :lol:

They should have called it "the Petunia". Opps, that one was taken :uh oh:

manOwar

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
They should have called it "the Petunia". Opps, that one was taken :uh oh:
:lol: :lol:
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are... That's funny!!!

But I think Petunia might break Termi's heart...:poke:

wildosvt04

Established Member
SlowSVT said:

They sure are. Would you be pissed if your IRS would bolt into a 72 Torino?:xpl: :lol:

SlowSVT

Established Member
The Torino was never my cup of tea (too big). A neat project would be moving a Cobra driveline to a Fairmont. People would laugh for sure until the hammer came down. Talk about the ultimate ambush :pepper:

GT500R

Established Member
drove my friends 03 cobra, obviously driven mine

03 Cobra bad
-clutch is super duper duper heavy, didn't like it
-wheel hop was really excessive, yuck

07 Cobra bad
-wheel hop - not as excessive as 03
-weighs too much

i also felt the 03 wasn't as easy to control as the 07 when punching it around a turn

just my .02

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
GT500R said:
drove my friends 03 cobra, obviously driven mine

03 Cobra bad
-clutch is super duper duper heavy, didn't like it
-wheel hop was really excessive, yuck

07 Cobra bad
-wheel hop - not as excessive as 03
-weighs too much

i also felt the 03 wasn't as easy to control as the 07 when punching it around a turn

just my .02

I'm only going to argue one point in this. Yes, the 07 weighs more. But, by the handling, you can't tell. It actually is MORE agile!

I also agree it sticks like glue around corners. Nothing like the factory IRS in the Termi!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread