Personal hobbies?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Had street bikes before, recently sold my ninja 1000, but goes back to needing a riding buddy, and I don't have one of those :( plus with Atlanta shit weather it's a crap shoot if I'd get to truly use the bike or not

08 mojo I may have to take you up on that offer! Sounds like a blast.

Get some water resistant riding gear, and go have fun.

nxhappy

Established Member
Had street bikes before, recently sold my ninja 1000, but goes back to needing a riding buddy, and I don't have one of those :( plus with Atlanta shit weather it's a crap shoot if I'd get to truly use the bike or not

08 mojo I may have to take you up on that offer! Sounds like a blast.
aww shit....well then, start looking at dirt bikes ! lol

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Because you have CAD access/experience you could buy a 3D printer and make some cool inventions. I have one and not only does thinking of ideas keep my brain creativity going, its challenging and fun as well.

nxhappy

Established Member
a 98+ yz250 is a good bike to shop around for.

Say no to four strokes!

I love 2 smokers. I had a KTM250 smoker and that bitch tore up the dirt ! should have kept that bike lol. Also had a KTM450 thumper, that bike was awesome. Personally I like the 450s because they are easier to control the power band. The 2 smokers you gotta ride balls to the walls through each gear haha.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The 2 smokers you gotta ride balls to the walls through each gear haha.
Your 250 must have been far different than my old yz250. Mine pulled off idle well. Wasnt high strung like a 125. It did well part throttle or WOT. The 4 strokes do deliver far smoother power and in some cases are easier to ride. But to say in general 2 strokes need to be ridden "balls to the wall" is not true.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
+1^ my yz250 has monster torque down low. Riding partner has a 350sxf and mine is far more torquey with the same top end. OP @130lbs would have a killer time on a 125

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
OP @130lbs would have a killer time on a 125
I agree. I had a 125(more power than i ever needed). Decided with the bottom end power and over all power gain the 250's provide, i upgraded. I just feel if an adult isnt trying to race a 125cc class, then a 250 is a better choice. Either could hurt you so if you dont have enough sense for a 250, then you shouldnt ride. I cant comment on other brands. If it's anything like the current 250/450 market, it's a matter of picking your favorite color(or best deal you can find used).

Blackoyote

Established Member
SO many hobbies...motorcycles and track days, dirt bikes and trail riding (and track here lately), lots of mountain biking in the summer/fall, riding the BMX bike when I can get to the skatepark, shooting and building guns, walking the doggos, picking up heavy things and placing them back down, and I'm sure there's other not as cool ones that I can't think of off the top of my head.

If you're looking for a cheap(er) thing that will change your life if you do it a lot, do the mountain bike thing. Should you move forward with that path, do yourself a favor though, don't buy a $300 WM or Dicks bike. Figure out the most you could stomach spending at first and check Pink bike and Craigslist before you buy new. Beauty of buying used is that you won't lose too much money if you decide it isn't for you, because the used bike market is insane.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
riding around the CBR to clear my head usually. buddy started messing with wood pallets and ended up being pretty good at wood projects. he builds garage shelfs, ice coolers, etc. turned out to be really good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread