Personal hobbies?

Zemedici

Established Member
I am transitioning to a solid Monday - Friday schedule, 8-5. So I'll have a good bit of time off. Wifey doesn't care to play Xbox anymore, so I was wondering what you guys do for personal hobbies?

I'd be interested in doing model cars, something of that sort, without painting.

Hell creating stuff on the computer would be awesome too, as I have free access to CAD software and am experienced with that.

I don't want the hobby to break the bank, but keep me occupied when I'm not working. What do you guys do? Any suggestions?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Working out, visiting/reading different truck and car forums.
Watching movies.
I too haven't played video games in a long, long time.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I am transitioning to a solid Monday - Friday schedule, 8-5. So I'll have a good bit of time off. Wifey doesn't care to play Xbox anymore, so I was wondering what you guys do for personal hobbies?

I'd be interested in doing model cars, something of that sort, without painting.

Hell creating stuff on the computer would be awesome too, as I have free access to CAD software and am experienced with that.

I don't want the hobby to break the bank, but keep me occupied when I'm not working. What do you guys do? Any suggestions?

I like to lift weights, play basketball, go fishing. I am almost 43 yrs old. So i am fighting getting old every step of the way...lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I like to lift weights, play basketball, go fishing. I am almost 43 yrs old. So i am fighting getting old every step of the way...lol
Keep lifting weights and eating well and you will!

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I have a 14 yr old son who thinks he is about ready to beat me 1 on 1 in basketball. I got news for him, not yet. I am not giving up the crown for a few more years. That will help keep me young.....lol

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
After a long day at work I like to sit on the recliner, watch some shows and drink some beer. And every now and then I have to yell at the kids.

mdever12

Established Member
Working out, full time student in addition to working an 8-5. Spend the rest of my free time on forums lol

Zemedici

Established Member
And I don't have the attention span for movies. Hell I can hardly watch an hour long tv show / Netflix.

And I hardly ever consume alcohol, as it ****s up my stomach ROYALLY.

Keep the suggestions coming - thank you guys

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Join a club or find a good cause that you can get behind and do community service or charity work.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Working or being at home with wife and kids. If I get a free hour here or here it's spent in the garage trying to get my car back together. That's few and far between though, I haven't even seen the car in weeks.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Since you don't have kids, which is what I spend a lot of my extra time with, I'll suggest fishing. For me it's inshore red fish, trout, and flounder, but for you it'll probably be large mouth bass on lake Acworth.

bglf83

Established Member
Reload ammo, shoot ammo and repeat.

I also watch TV and drink beer

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Something you can do on the cheap... Get an top of the line camcorder, I nice tripod, a good wireless Mic system with a wind screen, novice AV edditing software, and go video record stuff you are interested in discussing. Interview a few people... Get a YouTube channel going. Total upfront cost could be about $1,000 as long as your computer doesn't suck... from that point forward, it's pretty close to free. Plus, ifyouform a media business out of your house, you can get press passes and get free access to events you cover.

I like to fish, hunt, tactical and precision shooting, cruise-ins, and car shows. I also collect knives, I invest in foreign currency, precious and semiprecious metals and gems.

I plan on doing some road course stuff this year. Also plan on, buying some of my own land to build a 1,000 yard range.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Any autocross or road racing events nearby? Maybe you can get into competitive racing

08mojo

Established Member
Dirt biking and mountain biking are my most time consuming hobbies. I am always looking for people to ride with. If you ever want to go, shoot me a pm. I have an extra mtn bike and dirt bike you can ride.

Tx_red_gt

I throw knives. Also make and forge them my self. You can build a forge pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread