Personal hobbies?

_Snake_

Established Member
Oh I agree, there is a wide range of magnitudes of costs.

At least with cars you can enjoy them any day of the week and use them to just run errands in. Karts, RC Cars, most power sports, you have to plan out your uses and go somewhere to do it.

Agree with this also. I tend to indulge on my DD for this reason.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I Bike/Swim/Jog, do lots of cardio stuff

Dirtbike, Jetski, 4-wheel.

Play a fair share of videogames, im a avid FPS type player.

I'm into a lot of firearm stuff, built quite a bit too.

Remote control aircraft, cars, boats, and got into drones about a year ago too. Bought a DJI phantom and was really impressed with the 4K video on there. Just recently got into learning to tweak all the the setting on it and it has motivated me to start another hobby. I'll be buying a camera shortly.

08mojo

Established Member
To go into this further. Look at weight training and fitness.

You could just sign up for Planet Fitness or Anytime Fitness for $10 a month. Grab some discount new balances and generic gym shorts and shirts. $100 up front, $10 a month...

But people that get into it start buying all sorts of compression clothing, 15 different $150-200 shoes, some for weights, some for running, some for training etc. They join boutique designer gyms for $50-200 a month. They take classes and hire personal trainers. They pay $75 an hour to spin while listing to someone yell over techno music in the dark.

Then you getting supplements and start dumping $$$ into all sorts of crap.

My father took up cycling a few years ago. What started off as his old 90's Scwhin escalated quickly.

He now has two carbon fiber helmets, a "long distance" touring bike, a carbon fiber "short distance speed" bike and an off-road/trail bike. He also has two bike carriers for his cars. All told he has over $10k into the three bikes, not including the shoes and other gear.

Me, I have a '84 World Sport with cheap ass Kenda tires and new grips from Amazon. I'm like $100 bucks deep.

So he could say "God Cycling is expensive." And I'm like "meh, it's cheaper than going to a single car show"

There are hobbies and there are passions, big difference between the two.

97snakebite

Established Member
Im a weekend deejay. Been in the game for 12 years... Ive had a blast doing it...I was at all the local club spots one time or another. I now only book high end weddings now. ive got about 10k QSC product alone ..best of the best

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Hockey (as well as keeping up with the vintage hockey card market),metal concerts, doing home improvements/landscaping,
of course motorsports, PGA tour follower to name a few.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Anyone still into basketball cards? I was big into it about 20 years ago. Saved all my Kobe rookie cards and other rare ones of that time.

Are sports cards still a thing?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Anyone still into basketball cards? I was big into it about 20 years ago. Saved all my Kobe rookie cards and other rare ones of that time.

Are sports cards still a thing?
Yeah man a great place to keep up on auctions is PWCC's E-Bay page, they'll have one every couple months. High graded PSA cards are HOT now pretty much from all era's. I tell you what if you have any 86 Fleer basketball it's on fire. Yeah Kobe rookie stuff is great like his Topps finest refractor. Here's a link to their auction that's ending in a couple days, some really nice stuff I have a bunch of the hockey cards on my watch list..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=pwcc_auctions&_sac=1&_sop=16

^^On the upper left of the screen it breaks the cards into sports if you wanna just search the basketball.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I like photography, and trading stocks. I just bought a Rokinon 21mm f/1.4 to replaced my 19mm Sigma, great value! Was never happy with the bokeh or sharpness on my Sigma. I have as much a technical love for photography as artistic. I shoot full manual and edit in Lightroom, sometimes I have more fun editing than taking the actual photo.

nudarkshadowl

Established Member
I have quite a few hobbies actually. The wife and I don't plan on having kids, so I have a bit of time to take on various projects after work, and I like to stay busy. I've been brewing beer for the last 7ish years and it's a great hobby. I'm actually going back to school for brewing early in 2018, so that should be fun. I also play guitar, video games, and My wife and I enjoy traveling when we get a chance to.
Most recently though, I started making knives, which is a hard but rewarding hobby. Other than that, the usual guns, cars, etc. response.

My first one!
20170409_184156_zpsvulwtsgz.jpg

20170409_184145_zpsma2sft9y.jpg

20170409_183445_zpso6lpq8lv.jpg

20141219_173939_zpsaie4qrb8.jpg

20140728_185047_zpse1psckbv.jpg

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
If you're considering CAD type stuff, and like designing things, I might suggest buying or building a 3D printer. Then you can design and print your own stuff, and maybe make a few bucks on things. I hear anything that says Terminator on it will sell. :D

I'm an avid runner, and try to be competitive in my age group up to a half marathon distance. Running is tough to get into because it's freaking hard if you weren't a runner as a kid (I was absolutely not). I was more a bodybuilder type, so the transition was tough. I don't consider myself a recreational runner, but a competitor.
Another vote for fishing. I backpack and fly fish. Hike in somewhere with zero cell service with just you and the fish for a few days, and all your stress will disappear.
The cars of course are my hobbies. Do you weld? That's a fun hobby to get into. It's a whole new world when you can fabricate your own parts!

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
If you're considering CAD type stuff, and like designing things, I might suggest buying or building a 3D printer. Then you can design and print your own stuff, and maybe make a few bucks on things. I hear anything that says Terminator on it will sell. :D

I'm an avid runner, and try to be competitive in my age group up to a half marathon distance. Running is tough to get into because it's freaking hard if you weren't a runner as a kid (I was absolutely not). I was more a bodybuilder type, so the transition was tough. I don't consider myself a recreational runner, but a competitor.
Another vote for fishing. I backpack and fly fish. Hike in somewhere with zero cell service with just you and the fish for a few days, and all your stress will disappear.
The cars of course are my hobbies. Do you weld? That's a fun hobby to get into. It's a whole new world when you can fabricate your own parts!

Good post. I have in the past reproduced parts for the Boss 429 and other rare mustangs at a surprising profit. The hobby started talking away from my real life work, so I stopped. However, I started collecting (at the time) late model parts for the 03-04 Mach 1 and cobra with the previous profits I made. Tens of thousands of NOS parts, but more important to me is the actual part numbers. Thousands of pages and many volumes of black and white ford part facts.

Also collect B&D super sawcats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I rebuild/mod video games, and video game consoles. Picked all this up a day or two ago. LED mods, Rasperry Pi mods... etc.

17883878_10155315898913933_7689304623656555538_n.jpg

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Uh what?!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

went there to pick up an SNES with 5 games. Started talking to the guy.

He's a newlywed I guess and the wife wanted it all out.. Threw him an offer for the entire lot, and walked out with it

Branhammer

Established Member
but skinny jeans arent funny, they're a necessary commodity for guys who are 6'1 and weigh 130 lbs with like a 29-34 inseam hahaha

I'm pretty sure at that height and weight...you should not be alive. My senior year of high school, I was 6'2" and 170 and I looked borderline sickly. What are you a vegan or something?

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I collect custom knives, shoot, hunt, fly fish and guide fly fishing part time, spend as much time with my family as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread