Personal hobbies?

blk02edge

Established Member
I have only seen one of those in person. Interesting bike. I was goon riding and he called me out to line up.....poor guy.
What is done to yours? My buddy has a BONE stock 98 banshee and it's slow as balls lol, I've heard just pipes and jetting can net over 10hp?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Guitar player of 38 years, hobby turned semi pro with a label. But i also play for my church and other projects.

Everything jeep. Mostly mountain trails.

Also detail and polish which was also a hobby of 27 years that i do on the side for supplimental income. I have enough clients and dealerships to stay busy for a full year.

These are my hobbies. And i also work full time as a broker

08mojo

Established Member
With just about any hobby you can make it a money pit really fast. Enjoy the rc cars for what they are: toys. I have had an absolute blast with the slash 4x4 you are picking up from me this weekend. Get you a 3c lipo battery and let it rip! Get at least a 5000mAh battery and it will last 15+ minutes on a single charge.

I'm amazed how strong that truck is, especially compared to my rc cars of the past. My old losi would break if you looked at it wrong. I was constantly replacing parts on the losi. I only broke 3 parts on the slash: stock axles (they were absolute shit), a rear bearing and a front control arm. The bearing was due to wear/use and the control arm was because I stffed the truck into a curb. The slash can take a serious bashing.

Don't be too scared to come ride with me someday pedal or motor powered. We all have a great time, all just for fun and no competition/pressure.

For those of you arguing about orange vs red vs whatever, there was a time when orange was an absolute joke. It is stupidly impressive how much they have evolved that brand. 15 years ago, ktm was an expensive, unreliable bike that had very little support in the US. Now, they are the highest quality bike you can buy off a showroom floor. But, they should be because they are priced way higher than the Japanese brands.

I have an 03 CR 125, 03 CR 250, 07 crf150 and 12 CRF 450. I'm a bit biased towards the red machines because the parts are cheaper than other brands and I have always had dead nuts reliability out of the red machines.

Rct851

Established Member
after riding a 2016 ktm450 back to back with a 2016 kx450 there's really
No comparison. The
Ktm is noticeabley lighter
Feeling on the ground and
In the air. Power is linear, smooth and deceptively fast. Eats up ground in a hurry. The kawi felt awkward, heavy and a ton of
Vibration through the legs and grips.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Has anyone suggested PC gaming and streaming on Twitch?
Some people just dont have the personality to stream (live audience, more viewers when they see you on camera), but it could turn into a lucrative hobby. Not sure how the GF would feel though...

Zemedici

Established Member
Has anyone suggested PC gaming and streaming on Twitch?
Some people just dont have the personality to stream (live audience, more viewers when they see you on camera), but it could turn into a lucrative hobby. Not sure how the GF would feel though...

Gf and I have talked about that, but the market is so beyond saturated, and she's super shy, so that wouldn't work. I can be a very entertaining individual if I care to be.

And @08mojo i gotcha! Headed straight from your place to hobbytown, gonna start this party off right! Hahahahahahaha

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
my wife and i dabble in range shooting.. we dont have a lot of property so we can't do anything interesting, maybe one day...

08mojo

Established Member
@08mojo i gotcha! Headed straight from your place to hobbytown, gonna start this party off right! Hahahahahahaha

Hell yeah! I just ordered a battery. I want to ensure everything works just as it did when I ran the Slash last year--it's been awhile. So now, it will leave with a fully charged 3s 5000 mAh battery ready to rip!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
And @08mojo i gotcha! Headed straight from your place to hobbytown, gonna start this party off right! Hahahahahahaha
Sometimes the best deals are on ebay.
My brother bought a 1/5 scale gas rc truck that's normally $1k, for 850 shipped. Damn price went up! http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=LOS05001

Dumbass keeps flooding the motor though and I sometimes help him to start it. Really needs a starting gun/platform to turn the motor over. Btw for something as large as a 1/5 scale, the thing uses a small lawn mower motor.

assasyn

Established Member
I usually hop from hobby to hobby. Right now I'm into woodworking and furniture making. Mostly simple things at the moment.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I usually hop from hobby to hobby. Right now I'm into woodworking and furniture making. Mostly simple things at the moment.

I do woodworking as a hobby too. In addition to my Cobra, RC's, snowmobile and SxS. Shit I piss away a lot of money.

Zemedici

Established Member
Hell yeah! I just ordered a battery. I want to ensure everything works just as it did when I ran the Slash last year--it's been awhile. So now, it will leave with a fully charged 3s 5000 mAh battery ready to rip!

score! Thank you!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Gf and I have talked about that, but the market is so beyond saturated, and she's super shy, so that wouldn't work. I can be a very entertaining individual if I care to be.

But do any of them talk about skinny jeans? You just found your niche.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
but skinny jeans arent funny, they're a necessary commodity for guys who are 6'1 and weigh 130 lbs with like a 29-34 inseam hahaha

But every millennial can relate, and would love to hear which brand of skinny jeans castrates them the fastest.

KEVINS

Established Member
I do Fine Art Photography as a hobby and a second home business. I try to make it to Europe every year for a few weeks and take pictures. I also started oil painting a few years ago.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread