Personal hobbies?

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
but skinny jeans arent funny, they're a necessary commodity for guys who are 6'1 and weigh 130 lbs with like a 29-34 inseam hahaha

Maybe you should take up mix martial
arts. At 6'1 130 ya never know when some girl might try to jack you for those expensive jeans.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
130 ??? jesus christ boy, you need to eat some carls jr !
A picture of Josh I saved, lol.
headbang.gif

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
What is done to yours? My buddy has a BONE stock 98 banshee and it's slow as balls lol, I've heard just pipes and jetting can net over 10hp?
Yes stock banshees are slow. When i raced the honda 700, it was just a play port, 4mil, override, race fuel(irrelevant), coolhead and good tires. Now it's a bit more modded. 2 strokes are cheaper to mod per hp than 4 strokes. The banshee handles like crap compared to any modern sport atv. The way the banshees make power, they have traction issues kinda like high hp cars. It's harder to get them to hook than a 4 stroke.
Has anyone suggested PC gaming and streaming on Twitch?
I've played CS:Source since 04. No way id try to stream stuff. I usally have mics off because i dont want to hear the endless bs people say. I wish i could turn off chat too. I just want to play. It's fun/sad getting banned because you are too good in private servers.

Last edited:

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
When I'm not busy at school and at home, I like to spend time working on modeling a railroad up in our attic, and attempt to work on the car but something always ends up getting in the way so I hardly ever touch it and get to see the parts staring at me in the basement 24/7. Also will rebuild/build computers for friends. Just built a water-cooled PC for myself which is at home.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
I'm getting back into making jewelry out of stainless tig rods, bracelets and rings mostly, plan on getting a proper forge setup to make some Damascus items and probably get into knives from there. I've also got my para-cord braiding down pretty well

Recon

Established Member
Terrorizing the local wildlife with my dogs. Video games with my nephew, we kick ass in Star Wars. Going to car shows/meets and eventually running on the Corvette test track.
Couple of things I could think of.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
RC cars.

They are considerably cheaper than real cars, assuming you don't play on a competitive level.

If cars are an expensive hobby for you... R/C Cars, Guns, Computers, Shoes... actually everything else will be expensive as well.

My sisters BF is big into cars. He has a stock FoST with black derped wheels. $350 a month, goes to shows, reads blogs, is happy as a pig in mud.

Anyone of us could be killer happy with less then $6k into our car hobby... grab a $3k 2V, exhaust, rear gear, lowering springs and camber plates - then just drive the wheels off it.

Go drag racing and shoot for a low 14. Hit the Auto-X and see if you can finish before the event ends. Open Track and try to see if just one person doesn't lap you twice...

It's that competitive must have nature that causes cars to be expensive. It's why we are buying GT500's and Cobras instead of being happy with a cheap 2V or 3V.

In 1999 a 2V New Edge was a sick fast awesome car. Somehow today it's now seen as a complete piece of shit.

So getting into any other hobby will start off cheap and before you know it you get sucked in. You'll have $10k in toy cars or $30k in AR rifles or $8k in your game rig with $4k in software...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
To go into this further. Look at weight training and fitness.

You could just sign up for Planet Fitness or Anytime Fitness for $10 a month. Grab some discount new balances and generic gym shorts and shirts. $100 up front, $10 a month...

But people that get into it start buying all sorts of compression clothing, 15 different $150-200 shoes, some for weights, some for running, some for training etc. They join boutique designer gyms for $50-200 a month. They take classes and hire personal trainers. They pay $75 an hour to spin while listing to someone yell over techno music in the dark.

Then you getting supplements and start dumping $$$ into all sorts of crap.

My father took up cycling a few years ago. What started off as his old 90's Scwhin escalated quickly.

He now has two carbon fiber helmets, a "long distance" touring bike, a carbon fiber "short distance speed" bike and an off-road/trail bike. He also has two bike carriers for his cars. All told he has over $10k into the three bikes, not including the shoes and other gear.

Me, I have a '84 World Sport with cheap ass Kenda tires and new grips from Amazon. I'm like $100 bucks deep.

So he could say "God Cycling is expensive." And I'm like "meh, it's cheaper than going to a single car show"

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
I agree with you, Corbic, but the thing you have to keep in mind is that even as the RC car hobby gets more expensive, it'll still be cheaper than a real car hobby.

Like racing karts, as I'm personally learning. Things start adding up quickly: tires, fuel, brakes, track time, etc cost money, but it'd be much more so if I was taking my Mustang to HPDE's.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with you, Corbic, but the thing you have to keep in mind is that even as the RC car hobby gets more expensive, it'll still be cheaper than a real car hobby.

Like racing karts, as I'm personally learning. Things start adding up quickly: tires, fuel, brakes, track time, etc cost money, but it'd be much more so if I was taking my Mustang to HPDE's.

Oh I agree, there is a wide range of magnitudes of costs.

At least with cars you can enjoy them any day of the week and use them to just run errands in. Karts, RC Cars, most power sports, you have to plan out your uses and go somewhere to do it.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Besides video games ( World of Tanks PC and World of Tanks Blitz), I have a midrange mountain bike. It's a carbon frames 27.5+ tire bike. Ie, rims size between old school 26" wheels and 29ers. The tires are big and fluffy so it's not as harsh and it has the same effective diameter as a 29x2.2 tire, except it's 3" wide.

I like to ride it as much as I can cause it keeps me in shape and I get to go into the woods a little bit. I'm never going to enter races or wear spandex gear, and the expense side of it is easy to keep control over if you only replace what's worn out/broken.

Example, I need a new rear thru axle cause the cheap Chinese piece of shit that came with it stripped out by the quick release. Also, I need a new chainring cause I hit a tree sideways at about 15mph. Now the chainring has a nice wobble to it. It was fun right up until about 2' before the tree lol. I'll be out about $120 to replace both parts with quality aftermarket items. Though, I could get stock replacements and get away with spending about $50.

Like anything else, someone faster or more expensive parts/bike. Whats different though is that unlike cars, you can't buy speed (skill), and a $9800 bike won't make you any faster than someone on a $300 bike.

Users who are viewing this thread