Petition for O/R H pipe

CPRsm

Exactly when the regular GT's came out in 05 the aftermarket was all over them with H and X. Now for some reason all the vendors seem to make unless you have headers is a X. I made my own offroad H and you vendors dont know what you are loosing by not making one.

What I dont understand is that it is one small bend that makes the GT500 pipe unique over the regular GT mid pipe. And that bend is right at the driver side where it mounts to the manifold. The rest of the bends and pipe is the exact same as a GT.
It's cost vs profit. One bend changes the jigs and is a different setup. Store a big ass jig is worth it to sell thousands, say for the GT. Maybe not for some others to only sell hundreds to the GT500 guys. I'll make some calls fellas, get back to you in a day or two.

CPRsm

Alright. Made some calls and can hopefully get some pricing next week for you guys.
What kind of material do you want ? Thinking the same 409 as ford used if possible. Not a great stainless, but a little cheaper than 304

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
nice! what axle back are you running? have a video by chance? love hearing a good sounding V8:banana:

I'll have to do a flyby video, only had the H pipe added last week.

Running stock headers, cats, Custom H pipe (made at the exhaust shop, 2.5 in piping) and a straight pipe. 3.5 inch tips welded on with clamps to put the stock mufflers back on if i wanted.
It drones a little on the freeway, but I'm still running the stock 3.31 gears so it isn't THAT bad in 6th gear, but around town its a LOT of fun. :thumbsup:

I would highly recommend the H pipe (and I wish there were more options for an O/R H), even if it doesn't flow as good, it more than makes up for it in sound.

th_VIDEO0007.jpg

You can hear the deeper tone from the H pipe in this video during the burnout.

Last edited:

jtn83

Established Member
Alright. Made some calls and can hopefully get some pricing next week for you guys.
What kind of material do you want ? Thinking the same 409 as ford used if possible. Not a great stainless, but a little cheaper than 304

Awesome! 409is great for me. Still stainless, but not stupid expensive. If the price is right and it's a true bolt in piece, I'm ready to put down a deposit. Let us know what you find out, I'm anxiously waiting.

Jason

CPRsm

Awesome! 409is great for me. Still stainless, but not stupid expensive. If the price is right and it's a true bolt in piece, I'm ready to put down a deposit. Let us know what you find out, I'm anxiously waiting.

Jason
You could drive by and pick it up ;-)

FireDragon

Established Member
It seems like most people only get the X-pipe because that's what is available and performance shops assume that's what everybody wants because of the extra couple HP over the H. It looks like this thread is proving there are a lot of us who value a better sound over a few extra HP.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
If possible price out both a catted and O/R H-pipe, hopefully with bungs that do not require extensions.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Lol yea I'm just suprised only you have taken the initiative so far...

Oh by the way I just saw that MRT has a O/R H pipe, someone else brought it up in another thread.....

A bit pricey though

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member

Oh by the way I just saw that MRT has a O/R H pipe, someone else brought it up in another thread.....

A bit pricey though

I emailed them about their catted H and they say you need 2 O2 extensions, so another $40. Not sure about the OR H.

CPRsm

A bit pricey though
Yeah, tough in a small market like this. First to it for something this simple isn't worth the investment to try to compete unless you can make it better. Sure they've seen it and passed because I spoke up, and I would have done the same if it was them.

Users who are viewing this thread