Pics/Video of MGW shifter for 2007 - 2011 GT500!!!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
i bought one of these for my cobra and as always the quality is 2nd to none! thanks George

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
best thing is to contact my sales dept at 706-793-1770 ..ask for julie or peggy ...when i get involved in the sales side htings get messed up lol!!!

the knobs are threaded with m12 x 1.75 pitch.....

regards
george

I'll send them an email -I'm overseas right now and the time difference is about 12 hours :)

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Very nice. Wish those were available before I put a 2010 ball on.....:shrug:

Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm new to this, I just got my 2011 GT500 a few weeks back. One thing I have noticed is the effort it takes to get the car in second gear when I'm getting on it hard. I cant think of another car that I have owned thats like that. I hope it breaks in a little more I only have 550 miles on it and today was the first time I have gotten on it hard.

How does a shifter like this differ from what my car has? the 11 already seems to have a shorter throw than anything I have ever owned. Will this shifter be more precise than the factory unit.

If my factory unit does not get any better in another 1,000 miles I may be in the market for somthing better.

Sorry for stupid questions. Just looking for a review of the difference for stock to a sweet unit like this.

Thanks

Join the crowed man, a large majority of the 10-11 500 owners are complaining about the same problems. 1-2 shifts under power are brutal and flat power shifting is about impossible. No real reason has surfaced that I could find, but the Viper and Z06 owners have been complaining about it since they started using this tranny too.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
it looks very very nice what are the prices of this gonna be? i also have a FRPP shifter an got it to keep the noise down.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
going to be my next mod, wondering about pricing myself and trying to figure out what color knob, now that i seen the white i dont think its for me but my seat inserts are white. maybe the red and white stripes to match the car and stripes and seat inserts, decisions, decisions, decisions

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Guys this is the real deal. Come by the SVTPerformance.com trailer at Mustang Week and check it out installed in my car. I just can't sum up how sweet this thing is. The craftsmanship, the feel, cosmetically....its all spot on IMO. I went out last night for a bit and flogged the hell out of the car and didn't have a single issue with any mis-shifts or anything. This is the way it should have come from the factory.

I switched quickly from the STOCK shifter, to a Ford Racing (KR) shifter for a claimed "25%" increase in stiffness..etc but it still felt like rubber.

shifter_done1.jpg

shifter_done2.jpg
richgeorgeinstall.jp

Last edited:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Guys this is the real deal. Come by the SVTPerformance.com trailer at Mustang Week and check it out installed in my car. I just can't sum up how sweet this thing is. The craftsmanship, the feel, cosmetically....its all spot on IMO. I went out last night for a bit and flogged the hell out of the car and didn't have a single issue with any mis-shifts or anything. This is the way it should have come from the factory.

I switched quickly from the STOCK shifter, to a Ford Racing (KR) shifter for a claimed "25%" increase in stiffness..etc but it still felt like rubber.

shifter_done1.jpg

shifter_done2.jpg
richgeorgeinstall.jp

oh dear...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Just wait till you guys feel this thing in a car. You'll go to your dealer with an MGW shifter in a box and demand they install it under warranty to make the car shift like it should have from the start.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

shifter_done1.jpg

shifter_done2.jpg
richgeorgeinstall.jp

looks great did you make a write up on the complete install with pics of the process?

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
where is it posted to watch? very interested, could you post a link for all of us? thanks

I've got about 200 clips to splice/edit together. We just shot it 3 days ago. I'll have the video posted in about a week after MW2010. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread