Pictures of my Wife's Bearded Clam

Juruense

Banned
Yeah, he is very aggressive. Especially now that he has hosted in a bubble tip anemone. He bites me all the time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice clam and coral. I've never seen one like that before. Very cool and perfect for an aquarium. I'd love to have a salt water aquarium but they're kind of hard to maintain, aren't they?

Juruense

Banned
Nice clam and coral. I've never seen one like that before. Very cool and perfect for an aquarium. I'd love to have a salt water aquarium but they're kind of hard to maintain, aren't they?
They are definitely harder than freshwater. I would say three hours a week or so of work to keep it in good shape.

Here is a real nice setup that includes everything needed right out of the box and is from a very high quality manufacturer:
http://www.oceanicsystems.com/products/biocube.php

Juruense

Banned
Nice clam your wife has! Unfortunately they don't keep long in captivity. They're filter feeders and hard to keep alive for long unless you can provide the proper nutrients.
I am aware of the issues with Flame Scallops. I am using LiquidLife BioPlankton which is less than 40 micron phytoplankton algae and is suitable for feeding this type of animal.

It cost $20 which is not that bad and if it dies I reckon it is no worse that having scallops at a restaurant. Hell it was worth $20 just to be able to legitimately make a thread with this title :)

slowtealz28

Established Member
3 hours per week of maintenance??? WOW, my tank I only spend maybe one hour per week tops, and my parameters have been great. I have a Fish only with live rock(75lbs), about 100lbs live sand, 2 powerheads, a skimmer, and a main HOB filter. My tank is finally starting to take off about six months after I started it. Coraline algae is growing on the glass and things like that. Right now I have a brittle star, false perc clown, 1 chromi(he killed the others), and a yellowheaded sleeper goby. If you want your sand clean, absolutely buy the goby unless you have coral. They can get sand all over the corals which will irritate them. Here are the best shots I could get of them, buggers are fast.

Clown...
DSCN1552.jpg

Goby...
DSCN1542.jpg

Back when I had more than one chromis...
saltwater089.jpg

Full tank shot before most of the fish...
saltwater041.jpg

Juruense

Banned
I cannot see your pics here at work but I will be sure to look at them tonight.

Yeah, three hours per week is about right I do have to do something to it pretty much every day. I have to clean the skimmer cup almost every day, topoff the evaporation every other day, clean the glass every third day, and do weekly 20% water changes.

Juruense

Banned
Yeah, sure it is. You know you are a closet fish tank homo that loves to spend money onthings that look like a woman's love hole.

I guess it beats the shit out of a plastic doll floatin' on the ceiling.
So much hate... :lol: you do know its Friday right? :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
so i take it your wife's a redhead? :banana:

too much work but it does look beautiful. i do love a nice salt water tank. maybe one day, when i can afford to pay someone to come in and maintain it for me. id be into it for awhile then eventually slack off :bored:

im surprised no one is hollering that you should have spent all that money on mods for your cobra instead :-D

VGER

Established Member
Title should of been "Wifes bearded clam and her tanks"!!

Edit for spelling. Thanks POSI. looks like I fat fingered the key board again. And no comments on the keyboard thing. LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread