Pinks All-Out Texs/ Anti-Freeze Rule?/Rant

Storm_jordan

Established Member
What the hell is going on? I never knew that you could be banned 2years from a track for running anti-freeze in you street car if you go to the track?:shrug:

Also did you see how Rich publicly blasted those two racers for spills, even though one of the guys flushed his car but had coolant left in the block?:bs:
This show is about to be one viewer short. I just feel sorry for Ken Herring and Clay Millican, but their getting paid so....

anyways just had to let off some heat.:nonono:

if this gets too hot, plz move to smackdown

assasyn

Established Member
I think that's his rule. He told everyone and they still didn't listen. They're banned from PINKS not the track I thought.

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
A lot of tracks are prohibiting antifreeze as it's a pita to clean up.

But I do feel sorry for those guys getting humiliated for it on national TV.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i went to Pinks all out back in June at Maryland International Raceway. They made it clear, if you have a major leaks you are banned from Pinks for life. Rich blasted the import guys HARD.

Krwy

Established Member
No antifreeze is a safety precaution. If you're half track and antifreeze is dumped, you're going into a wall.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
No antifreeze is a safety precaution. If you're half track and antifreeze is dumped, you're going into a wall.

If you dump water in front of your tires at half track you are screwed as well if you are in something that has some power.

Last edited:

Black8Banger

Established Member
I have run PINKS Allout twice. Both times I had a little antifreeze left in the block, even though probably 95% was water. Its a street car so once I got to the track I flushed it the best I could. I agree with the rule as far as clean up and safety goes but I dont think someone should be banned and humiliated like that.

I ran PINKS at the Zmax track too (which shows this Thursday!) and I went to the end of the track after I made my first pass. Rich was on the radio telling whoever to send cars home because they lifted before the end of the track. I think he jumped the gun on some of the cars because I know that I have lifted early at some tracks before because either something felt wrong in the car or I didnt realize where the 1/4 marker was. I have lifted at the 1000' mark before because I thought I was at the end.

They do need to relax on some of those rules. After all, it is supposed to be a street car event. What am I talking about? 75% of the cars that showed up at Zmax were bracket cars...not street cars!

bright blue

Established Member
You can run water in a car in lieu of anti-freeze in the spring/summer/fall, so long as the temp. in your area stay above freezing. When it starts getting cold, go back to you anti-freeze water mix.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
While yes its a good idea not to have antifreeze in your car it was way out of line for Rich to blast them like that on tv. Especially the first guy at the starting line. I would have punched Rich out if I was him. Two year ban? Who the hell would ever wanna come back after being treated like that!! I'll watch this weeks from Zmax just because I was there but after that Im done.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I stopped watching after Rich said.,,. "man to man, you flushed it?" so, did the kid lie?? they made it look like he was not completely honest.,., :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread