Pinks All-Out Texs/ Anti-Freeze Rule?/Rant

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I think this is so funny. no way would I let cueball with his 2 sizes too small t-shirt say anything to me. I don't work for him, he's not my daddy, and I have never had a problem with socking someone directly in the jaw for being a dick head. I expect everyone over the age of 18 to conduct themselves in a professional manner when they are working. Rich was working. the kid is not. the kid is there to enjoy himself doing what all of us enjoy doing. racing. I was kicked off of a track for running a 10 second time with no cage. they didn't berade me or anything like that. in fact, they even let me stay to watch the rest of the races. they just wouldn't let me run my car again. the guy was very nice, he walked over to me while I was waiting in line, introduced himself, said I had a great run and a very fast car. he wanted to verify that he didn't see a cage in the car. I obliged, and he said. "I'm sorry sir, but we cannot allow you to run any longer until you have the appropriate protective equipment." I said no problem. I understand. and I asked him if I had to leave the track. he said no. just don't try to run again. and that was it. I enjoyed the rest of the night watching others run down the track. just as I have when I break something on the track. I've dropped tranny fluid before. no biggie. but never coolant or oil or gear oil. the tranny fluid was just because my tail shaft housing blew a seal.

also....I'm not a person who owns or operates a track. but if you are considering letting any car that isn't a dedicated drag car. they are not going to be running pure water. I run regular coolant year round. if I blow it....that is a risk both I and the track and the people behind me take when they come to race their car. I rely on the track crew to cleanup as well as possible. that is there job. that should not be a rule, and if it is. the car shouldn't pass tech with anti-freeze. but they would lose a large portion of their "Test-n-tune" nights when you can run pretty much anything you want down the track as long as it's safe.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
It was overkill on how he bashed the two guys on public TV, Christensen is so overly dramatic with his actions now. LOL his arm drops, his reaction to hard launches is so gay

stangin99

Established Member
I don't watch that show but I have to say that rule is pretty dumb.

Especially if a lot of the cars are street cars and not all-out dragsters, how many people do they honestly think are going to run straight water?

And if this is a hard "rule", don't they have to pass some sort of tech? They need to check these cars at tech before they ever let them run.

Sounds to me like a bunch of morons are running the show that have no race experience.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
This rule exists for good reason, let me tell you why...

During the first season of Passtime I was a contestant in Bradenton, FL (Coy Graham II, I ran in the Red Cobra vert.) The camaro that ran before me blew up in the burnout box, filling the entire burnout box with coolant and oil. The track then attempted a lackluster cleanup with towels and then a mop, then a torch. The problem was, the coolant had already flowed over to me and into the staging area.

I was forced to drive through it, then when I attempted to do a burnout, the front tires just skidded forward because they couldn't bite... Then I staged and started the run.

They were very creative in their editing to make it look like my cars 15.50@81mph was somehow a fault of mine, but you can infact hear me shift from 1-6 by about the 1/8th mile. Each gear (even 6th) would spin the tires like on ice with just a touch of the throttle. You can hear one of the contestants guessing the time say "It sounded like shift, shift, shift, shift real quick).

Those worthless bastards dubbed over the engine/exhaust noise with some clips they took after the run (listen to the engine sound on my run), and they didn't use any in camera footage (probably because I was cussing them the whole way down the track for sending me down a lane covered in coolant).

I blame myself more then anything for allowing them to run me in that lane, but I had been waiting for 9 hours in the hot sun just to make 1 run. I figured, whats the harm? Well... the harm was I had to hear about running a 15.5 on national TV (even though anyone with a brain could see what was wrong... 81mph? Yep must be driver lol.. morons).

That said, there is a good reason for that rule, a coolant spill ruined my pastime appearance, and very nearly cost me my car when trying to slow down. However, I have no respect for that D-bag that runs the show. They would rather risk injuring racers then taking 20 minutes to reposition their cameras.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I watched that yesterday when working on the car, what a tool Rich is. Does he really think that people are going to be super upset by a 2 year ban from Pinks?? I think I'll save myself the trouble of trying to get every ounce of coolant out of my engine block and risk the ban. I drive my car year round on the street and race it a few times a year. I'm not about to drain the entire system twice a year to switch back and forth to water just to race. I think I have confidence that my DD won't overheat and pop the coolant system making 2-4 runs at the track.

I agree that one of those dude's should have socked Rich in the mouth for embarassing them on national TV. As a TV host, he has absolutely no right to bitch and yell at someone like he's a high school principal. Even the track officials weren't saying anything to the people. I'm pretty sure I would have given him a big '**** you' and left.

stangin99

Established Member
This rule exists for good reason, let me tell you why...

During the first season of Passtime I was a contestant in Bradenton, FL (Coy Graham II, I ran in the Red Cobra vert.) The camaro that ran before me blew up in the burnout box, filling the entire burnout box with coolant and oil. The track then attempted a lackluster cleanup with towels and then a mop, then a torch. The problem was, the coolant had already flowed over to me and into the staging area.

I was forced to drive through it, then when I attempted to do a burnout, the front tires just skidded forward because they couldn't bite... Then I staged and started the run.

They were very creative in their editing to make it look like my cars 15.50@81mph was somehow a fault of mine, but you can infact hear me shift from 1-6 by about the 1/8th mile. Each gear (even 6th) would spin the tires like on ice with just a touch of the throttle. You can hear one of the contestants guessing the time say "It sounded like shift, shift, shift, shift real quick).

Those worthless bastards dubbed over the engine/exhaust noise with some clips they took after the run (listen to the engine sound on my run), and they didn't use any in camera footage (probably because I was cussing them the whole way down the track for sending me down a lane covered in coolant).

I blame myself more then anything for allowing them to run me in that lane, but I had been waiting for 9 hours in the hot sun just to make 1 run. I figured, whats the harm? Well... the harm was I had to hear about running a 15.5 on national TV (even though anyone with a brain could see what was wrong... 81mph? Yep must be driver lol.. morons).

That said, there is a good reason for that rule, a coolant spill ruined my pastime appearance, and very nearly cost me my car when trying to slow down. However, I have no respect for that D-bag that runs the show. They would rather risk injuring racers then taking 20 minutes to reposition their cameras.

That sounds more like the your fault than anything else.

And the rule is only good if they actually PREVENT people from running with coolant. WTF is the point of punishing them after the fact?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i have hated pinks and pinks all out since the beginning lol

i do like pass time...but rich still sucks balls

50 Proof

Established Member
Also did you see how Rich publicly blasted those two racers for spills, even though one of the guys flushed his car but had coolant left in the block?:

I don't know about Chevy or Dodge but Ford blocks come with drain plugs in the block, 5.0's and 4.6's both. It's not too difficult to remove the engine block drain plugs, stick a hose into the block and flush out all the coolant.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
That sounds more like the your fault than anything else.

And the rule is only good if they actually PREVENT people from running with coolant. WTF is the point of punishing them after the fact?

It's my fault how? They moved my car right behind the offender to do some prerun shooting, then wouldn't allow me to move my car when the other one let go. So, since I was unable to move my car from behind him while the coolant flowed like a river over my tires because the film crew didn't want to move their film truck, and the only way out was to make a run since there were literally 100s of cars lined up behind me.

Right.....

Basically after your first stupid sentence, you touch on exactly the point of all our complaints in the 2nd one... The rules have dick to do with it. It's all for TV.

He basically talked with the producers at some point, and they decided they wanted to give him a more "in charge" appearance to the viewers, so they found a reason for him to give someone a talking to. It's a classic plot tool used in all sorts of television programing to influence the audiences perception of a character/host. If it wasn't the coolant lecture, they would have found something else.

Remember, drag racing is just the theme, it's a TV show first. You can tell by their flagrant disregard for safety in some cases, and the desire to portray Rich as a leader/authority figure by enforcement of obtuse and often overlooked/excluded rules in regards to street vehicles.

The other day I saw a guy ride a bike on pinks with shorts on! Yeah, the high likihood of a new rider losing his bike and dieing from blood loss from his skin being torn off is obviously less important then coolant in stock street cars that have about 0 chance of blowing up.

Last edited:

stangin99

Established Member
It's my fault how? They moved my car right behind the offender to do some prerun shooting, then wouldn't allow me to move my car when the other one let go. So, since I was unable to move my car from behind him while the coolant flowed like a river over my tires because the film crew didn't want to move their film truck, and the only way out was to make a run since there were literally 100s of cars lined up behind me.

Right.....

Basically after your first stupid sentence, you touch on exactly the point of all our complaints in the 2nd one... The rules have dick to do with it. It's all for TV.

My point was I never would have ran my car with coolant all over the tires. That is a disaster waiting to happen. I could care less what some TV people thought. I would have said "get me the **** out of line."

I don't care if there's hundreds or thousands of cars behind me. Is that an acceptable excuse to tell yourself for when you hit the wall? Or how about the guy behind you that slides from the coolant your front tires left?

:bash:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
im sorry, but coolant/antifreeze is what came with my car from the factory, and thats what it will continue to run. Antifreeze is not only for cold weather, but it contains rust inhibitors and a very slight lubricant, as well as containing a slight water-thinning effect that increases heat transfer at the radiator. Running straight water is retarded IMO. Maybe fine for a full out drag car, but for most peoples weekend racers, absolutely not.

**** pinks and **** 1/4mi racing. They are doing well to regulate the sport out of existence, and push even more people into freeway racing or road course racing.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I like the show and what happened had no bearing on my thoughts about it. I do not pay attention to the drama and just watch the cars run.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
For Pinks all out yeah i can see, you have 450+ cars to run twice down the track, any time a mistake happens it takes a while to fix and that sets the show back. Not only that, these people are racing for 18k worth of cash and prizes for having the best running car in their class. If they cant hold their fluids then their car is obviously not the best in the selected class, or fit to compete. I agree that 2 year ban/lifetime ban is harsh but there are rules for a reason. I was at that episode in Ennis, and i can tell you that the few break downs that did happen set each run back quite a bit. But nontehless. hate rich all you want, it is a thrill to go to a taping in person.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc55jV255mU&feature=related"]YouTube - Bike crash[/ame]

Teksid281

Banned
:lol:

Also the last time I checked the boiling point of antifreeze > boiling point of water

Unless you are running no t-stat you are a FOOL to run straight water in your street car, regardless of season.

Users who are viewing this thread