Pinks All-Out Texs/ Anti-Freeze Rule?/Rant

stangin99

Established Member
its a known rule to not have anti-freeze in your car if you are at the drag strip.

having said that i have not flushed my cobra when i took it to the track, i believe its more of a rule for track cars that might over heat easier. but a rule is a rule and should be followed by everybody.

i have not seen this episode.... and rich is a moron!!!

pass time ftw!!!

"Antifreeze is prohibited in racecars, i.e. Super/Pro. Excessive spillage of any kind resulting in any type of clean up is grounds for disqualification for the remainder of the day."

from: Drag racing rules for all drag racing classes at Englishtown NJ Raceway Park.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I remember one episode where the balancer came off the front of the motor and rolled across the track
Rich:"I think it's part of the brakes"
Nate: "no, it's the balancer"
Rich: "Is that important?"

Or when he dropped the Gixxer. lol

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
The show would make A LOT more $$$ if they got rid of Rich and got a better host with a good personality and drag racing knowledge. Ken Herring would even do a much better job. I do like Pass Time as well but the only thing that pisses me off about that show is how you can tell even the show editors don't know shit about cars when they put the specs on the screen after they ask the drivers. I don't understand why it's so hard for both of these shows to hire some people that actually know and understand drag racing. It's a sport with a very serious and technical fan base. Letting idiots run the shows is the last thing you want to do to make the people watching happy.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I remember one episode where the balancer came off the front of the motor and rolled across the track
Rich:"I think it's part of the brakes"
Nate: "no, it's the balancer"
Rich: "Is that important?"

Or when he dropped the Gixxer. lol

:lol: Yeah I remember laughing my ass of at that!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i went to Pinks all out back in June at Maryland International Raceway. They made it clear, if you have a major leaks you are banned from Pinks for life. Rich blasted the import guys HARD.

Iwas ther racing!!! had a blast!!!

I believe this is a new rule for Pinks about the anti freeze and imo is just fine.

1 - take 30 minutes to pop the plug on the rad or a rad hose and refill it with water.

2 - theonly benifit of coolant is lower freeze temp. I run straight water w/ a bottle of water wetter in my "street car" and I think it runs cooler. it has NOTHING to do with being a "drag car"

3 - Pinks has to go through 500 cars.....twice....in ONE day. every break extends that time and the longest cleanups fluid wise is coolant.

Ive seen a beautiful '93 Cobra go into the wall at the traps at 120mph because of a little bit of coolant at the top end of the track that no one saw. If it was water he probably would have been fine. Coolant sucks ass and I agree 100% with the rule. They dont want it, it says it in the rules you get WEEKS ahead of time. If you break the rues, your out.

I do agree that doing it on tv was a bit much though.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Stampede is right, car's that are liable to blow up like that (especially those stupid rotary cars) should be wearing an engine diaper. It's required at most tracks for cars running faster then 9.99 (and all rotary cars at BMP).

As far as that other arm chair quarter backing from Stangin whoever, I guess you would have had to be there, but the risk to myself or my car wasn't apparent until I ran. The ground looked clear from the "cleanup", it wasn't until I ran, then watched the replay on camera that I realized that they were having me drive through coolant they failed to clean up.

Users who are viewing this thread