Played with a srt8 today

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I was working my way around town heading home and I see what looks to be a 300 coming behind me quick. As my left lane clears he decided to fly around me, and when he did I noticed it was a srt8 from the badging. After being behind him for several miles I could tell he wanted to play. He was driving real spirited. We both took a right on a two lane highway, I merged in the left lane and he stayed in the right; nothing but road in front of us. I got beside him and was waiting for him to honk it off, when I decided to put the pedal to the floor. Granted I did get the jump, but he romped it soon after and I kept a two car lead up to 110, then I let off and turned around( i missed my exit).

Im pretty sure with the way he was driving he probably thought I was a Gt or V6. I get mastaken all the time. When I was working my way home he did several flybys. After our friendly little run I slowed down and tried to get him to come back up, but he stayed back.

I thought for sure he would pass me or atleast pull even, but he didn't. Just for the record I dont consider this a kill because I did get the jump on him.

The_Wretched

Established Member
^ Mistaking a Mach for a GT is a fatal mistake.

305hp and 325tq my ass!!!!

If there ever was an underrated engine... it's the 32v Mach engine!!!!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Beat a srt 8 with a mach, that's damn good.

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
^ Mistaking a Mach for a GT is a fatal mistake.

305hp and 325tq my ass!!!!

If there ever was an underrated engine... it's the 32v Mach engine!!!!

Well at least he didn't make a mistake about a stock F-body killing a Mach S/C.:rollseyes

2001asp

Established Member
Yeah nice nice kill in my book anyway. We haven't given those SRT-8s any room to breath. Ok, lets just say it out loud and put it out on the table.....It's all out war against All Hemi's. I want to see just how many stories we can get in here....VIDEOS TOO.... We have been battling it out with the LS crowd for so long, its time for the hemi's to get some action. I'm not afraid......bring it on.....(god I sound like the movie).
COMING SOON,,,,srt-8s going down in your area............lololol

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Like I said, I dont consider this a Kill, but he didn't pass me and I kept a 2 car lead up to 110. I think if we both went the same time I still would have pulled, but it would have been closer. I know his HP rating is 400+; I think what slowed him down was 4000lb+ and 20" wheels, possibly 22" they were huge. This is my 2nd SRT run in two months. I ran a srt6 a month ago and smoked him. BTW, my 305 hp is at the wheels. 305rwhp are my old numbers, Im probably around 310+ rwhp. Jlt cai, bbk lt's headers, bbk offroad midpipe, and weldin chokemasters.

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
with you getting the initial hit and him stopping your pull, if you woulda hit it at the same time, you woulda probably lost. getting the intial hit is HUGE.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
with you getting the initial hit and him stopping your pull, if you woulda hit it at the same time, you woulda probably lost. getting the intial hit is HUGE.

Your probably right, but I dont think it would have been bad. Im pretty sure it would have been alot closer then people think. Considering I kept a two car lead with out him pulling. Dont get me wrong a jump is a jump no doubt, but its not like he romped it a few seconds after. As soon as I hit it, he did the same. If his car was THAT much quicker he would have atleast pulled even with me, or passed me. We have seen plenty of people stop someones pull and then pass them. This didn't happen.

Last edited:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Theres no doubt in my mind the faster we would have went he would of passed me. We only ran to 110. I think my little mach probably surprised him, specially since I slowed down and he wouldn't pull up next to me. This is after he did several flybys. So I do think he kinda got his feelings hurt.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Nice kill, I would imagine a bolt-on Mach would take a stock SRT-8 or drivers race. If he had 22s, that sure didn't help, 20s are stock.

The SRT-6 you killed - those are only Crossfires. Supercharged and light - that should have been a close race too.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Nice kill, I would imagine a bolt-on Mach would take a stock SRT-8 or drivers race. If he had 22s, that sure didn't help, 20s are stock.

The SRT-6 you killed - those are only Crossfires. Supercharged and light - that should have been a close race too.

The crossfire was a close race. I pulled about a car on him. He defiantly wasn't stock, louder than my Long Tube, offroad midpipe mach 1.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
The crossfire was a close race. I pulled about a car on him. He defiantly wasn't stock, louder than my Long Tube, offroad midpipe mach 1.

Considering your mods your car is probably capable of trapping at 107+ like a SRT-8 so the race went how it was supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread