Played with a srt8 today

TrickStang37

Established Member
I'm that low bone stock when I'm heat soaked AND the 2-3 start-up shift occurs. Its so bad I look down looking for warning lights while doing about 80mph. Never happens on the street... :)

The Diablo changed all that! 3/19 at Sears Point. Anyone else?

you ever been to sears/infineon?

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
So you're saying it's just a sedan then why did you buy it??????

So you guys are saying these two vehicles are in the same catagory? You have to be kidding! Our Magnum is #4375 by the way.
I bought the Magnum for FUNCTIONALITY. Something a Mustang just doesnt have. That I bought the SRT is due to my power gene.
What amazes me is how many people think that its a big deal for a pullied/Cobra to beat an SRT8. Ummm, no. But its all good.:beer:

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
I'll run you, jkd.:pepper: BTW, a stcck 4.6 GT with S/C, will take you. Their trap speed is more in 1/4 miles not to mention with good driver + slicks and gears they can hit high 11's. BTW I don't think your car will hit 180. If it's a Vetts that would be a difference story.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463407&highlight=12.77

This particlular 03 GT has 349rwhp with a non intercooled Vortech. I do believe I would take him. They have been known to do 176mph stock, Ill even give you the link of a local guy who went 182 with a few bolt ons. Ill find it for you, and only you. :rockon:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
This particlular 03 GT has 349rwhp with a non intercooled Vortech. I do believe I would take him. They have been known to do 176mph stock, Ill even give you the link of a local guy who went 182 with a few bolt ons. Ill find it for you, and only you. :rockon:

I would be your Huckleberry if you wasn't so far away. Im always up for a friendly run :beer: BTW, this little playful sprint with this srt8 the other day was on a busted clutch and throwout bearing. When I go WOT in 4th and engage the clutch to slow down it sounds like marbles in the tranny :(
Only happens at WOT

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
I'll run you, jkd.:pepper: BTW, a stcck 4.6 GT with S/C, will take you. Their trap speed is more in 1/4 miles not to mention with good driver + slicks and gears they can hit high 11's. BTW I don't think your car will hit 180. If it's a Vetts that would be a difference story.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463407&highlight=12.77

Here is one right at 186.4mph/300kph (his speedo is in KPH) actually with the Diablo tuner. It will raise the fuel/limiter and shifts. It actually has a 180/190mph top speed selection when you load the tune. Crazy. :beer:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/sr...00kph-5600rpm-5th-gear.html?highlight=182+mph

Here is a Youtube vid of one doing 190mph/305 kph. :rockon:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bJzNGRk5c"]YouTube - 300c SRT8 going 305KPH[/ame]

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
I would be your Huckleberry if you wasn't so far away. Im always up for a friendly run :beer: BTW, this little playful sprint with this srt8 the other day was on a busted clutch and throwout bearing. When I go WOT in 4th and engage the clutch to slow down it sounds like marbles in the tranny :(
Only happens at WOT

Bad T/O bearing and broken bearing retainer? My Cobra ripped the retainer right off and it felt like crap but only 25% of the time. I never knew it until I installed the Spec 3+, then had to install steel T/O bearing retainer too. :rolling:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Like I said, I dont consider this a Kill, but he didn't pass me and I kept a 2 car lead up to 110. I think if we both went the same time I still would have pulled, but it would have been closer. I know his HP rating is 400+; I think what slowed him down was 4000lb+ and 20" wheels, possibly 22" they were huge. This is my 2nd SRT run in two months. I ran a srt6 a month ago and smoked him. BTW, my 305 hp is at the wheels. 305rwhp are my old numbers, Im probably around 310+ rwhp. Jlt cai, bbk lt's headers, bbk offroad midpipe, and weldin chokemasters.

305-310rw in a SN95 would equate to a similar trap speed to a stock/near stock LX SRT8. Nice run.

THAITED

Established Member

Thanks not saying BS or anything but I don't think my car can hit 180. :beer::beer:

THAITED

Established Member
So you guys are saying these two vehicles are in the same catagory? You have to be kidding! Our Magnum is #4375 by the way.
I bought the Magnum for FUNCTIONALITY. Something a Mustang just doesnt have. That I bought the SRT is due to my power gene.
What amazes me is how many people think that its a big deal for a pullied/Cobra to beat an SRT8. Ummm, no. But its all good.:beer:

Station wagon?????class. I was only replied to what was said.:rolling:

THAITED

Established Member
Here is one right at 186.4mph/300kph (his speedo is in KPH) actually with the Diablo tuner. It will raise the fuel/limiter and shifts. It actually has a 180/190mph top speed selection when you load the tune. Crazy. :beer:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/sr...00kph-5600rpm-5th-gear.html?highlight=182+mph

Here is a Youtube vid of one doing 190mph/305 kph. :rockon:
YouTube - 300c SRT8 going 305KPH

Thanks that was a good video. Not saying that it's not true but anybody can change the rearend gears to have the false reading in their speedo. The only way to be sure is to use a radar gun. Aerodynamic factor comes to play when you go that fast, drag factors and etcs. You need a lot of power to overcome the drag/weight especially with that body style. That's why I said the Vetts and the Viper are the good candidates to hit 200 mph. Just my 2 cents. I'll be lucky to hit 170 with my car.:rockon:

Last edited:

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
Tons of BS called on that video. No proof to back it up.

BS? Hell Id love to read that, you have a post from 300 or a link? Im more than confident of them doing 180 with the Diablo/CAI. Otherwise, Diablo would not have even added it in the tuning file.

GLHS837

Established Member
Guys, you cant change the gears in these cars, not yet anyway. The 5.7 guys can swap in the 3.06s that the SRTS run, but theres no gears available for the SRTs.

THAITED

Established Member
Then change the tune. Rearend ratio can be changed. My nephew did it for fun with his Saleen which has 200 mph speedometer. His gear are 4.10's and the stock gears were 3.27. He changed the rear gear to 3.05 on his Diablo walla 200 mph. Was it true???? HELL NO........!!!!!!!!!! It just read that way but it never went that fast. He was able to full a lot of people though. Use a radar gun if you want to be sure.

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
Then change the tune. Rearend ratio can be changed. My nephew did it for fun with his Saleen which has 200 mph speedometer. His gear are 4.10's and the stock gears were 3.27. He changed the rear gear to 3.05 on his Diablo walla 200 mph. Was it true???? HELL NO........!!!!!!!!!! It just read that way but it never went that fast. He was able to full a lot of people though. Use a radar gun if you want to be sure.

What he was saying is they dont offer a ring and pinion for it from Dodge. :rockon:

THAITED

Established Member
What he was saying is they dont offer a ring and pinion for it from Dodge. :rockon:

I know but you don't need to change the ring and pinion. You can just program it on your Diablo to give the speedometer a false reading. :rockon:

Forgive me I'm not trying to be cocky but I've race an SRT8 with the above mods before and I've beaten him badly. I know my car cannot hit 180 mph with the kind of HP I have not to mention my car is lighter and has less drag than the Charger or the 300 or even the magnum.

That's why I have doubt. Now if the video was done with a radar gun by all means, congrats!!!!!!!. :banana::rockon::beer: Keep in mind that the speedometer is inaccurate at 3 digits numbers and you can ask anyone at the speed calibration shop. They said that it could be off by 20-25 mph. Meaning you can be going 175 when infact you are going only 150.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread