Played with a srt8 today

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
Speedometer readings do very per car but my ZR-1 is very close at 185mph, gps verified and also 1 mile challenge verified. It matches within 1-2 mph what the gear charts say I should be doing at that speed.
The variance comes from the tires growing larger at those speeds.

Jayplayss,
I just like to race. I think your right, a stock Z06 would not be a good match for your car but when I saw that you lived in Ft. Lauderdale I couldn't resist. Send me a PM and we will hook up at Towers sometime.

Yea man, we head out there all the time. :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Not to pull the :bs: but it would be nice with a radar gun or GPS. Just my 2 cents. When you go past 140 mph aerodynamics comes to play. You can have all kind of HP but if your car has a lot of drag, it will go against you. The Viper and Vetts and other exotic cars were designed for that, not my car or 300's.

How many miles (10 miles strech) will it take for the car to reach 180 mph. How about the HP needed to overcome the 4000 lbs car to reach that speed. CAI and a tune are not going to cut it, at least IMO. That's all I'm saying, it just doesn't make sense to me.:shrug: However, I do believe the 300's, Magnum and Charger are 12 seconds cars, no doubt about that.:rockon:

The LX SRT8s can top 172-175 from the factory in 100% bone stock condition. It's a well known and advertised fact. Once the 6200rpm rev limiter is bumped I don't see why you think 180 is such a big deal.

Even Jeeps with brick like shape and massive frontal area can hit 165 stock (redline limited in 5th gear with 3.73s).

Deuuuce

Established Member
173mph has been proven (the top of 1:1 4th gear) but 180mph could be possible tuned since it would be 5868rpm in 5th gear, also deep into the powerband. But bone stock, nope.

Users who are viewing this thread