Please, 93 Cobra owners only respond

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
The only thing at this moment which would influence me to
sell is the price of gas...and that is starting to make me worry a bit.:rollseyes
:coolman:

My Cobra actually gets pretty good gas mileage, way better then my L. If the prices keep going up, I might have to drive the Cobra to work instead :)

mgmustang1

Established Member
i bought my 03 cobra first because i bought it new. i wanted the 93 cobra new but thats when i just got my DL so i couldn't afford it. now i have both. :) If someone offered me an 03/04 cobra for my 93 i would trade it no brainer as far as other cobra years no!!!! Anyway you look at it all cobras in years to come are going to be worth money.

stangbear427

Established Member
I'd trade mine for a '95 R. Hell, I'd trade two of them for a '95 R. The Terminators, and the New Edge body in general, just don't interest me.

mgmustang1

Established Member
stangbear427 said:
I'd trade mine for a '95 R. Hell, I'd trade two of them for a '95 R. The Terminators, and the New Edge body in general, just don't interest me.

I'm sure if you went for a ride in my 03 you wouldn't say that. For the money you can't beat it!! But i do have a soft spot in my heart for my 93, never enough to give up the 03. 2000 cobra R would do it for me

stangbear427

Established Member
I doubt it. You're assuming I've never ridden in anything as impressive, and I'm assuming you're mistaken. In fact, I'd be willing to bet I've driven cars that are not just considerably faster, but better balanced and more refined as well. Doesn't change my taste in Mustangs one way or the other, I just don't care for the 99-04 body, white knuckles or not. And for the money, a Fox can be made to be far faster than a SN+ for far less investment.

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
I hope one day our 93's are valued as high as some of the classics are now. I wonder though with the recent increase in the values of classics through Barrett Jackson and ebay if many more people are aware that our cars are actual investments. I think a lot more people are holding onto their cars and keeping the mileage low than people did in the 60's. I'm sure there will be more low mileage original 93 Cobra's collected than say a 69 Boss Mustang that someone bought new or in the 70's. Guess we will have to wait and see, I plan on having my 93 for many more years.....like they say about real estate they aren't making more.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Cobra228 said:
I think a lot more people are holding onto their cars and keeping the mileage low than people did in the 60's. I'm sure there will be more low mileage original 93 Cobra's collected than say a 69 Boss Mustang that someone bought new or in the 70's.

Unfortunately, this will have a negative effect on value. The more low mileage survivors there are, the less valuable they'll be (because there will be more available -Refer to the '79 indy Corvette, and the '94 indy Cobra convert. Everyone stashed those away, and now they're not worth dick because at any point you can choose between 10 sub 100 mile ones). However, I personally think the '93 cobra will be among the top most valuable mustangs in the years to come (only behind the R models). I still think they're about 5 years out before the values really start to climb, but at some point they will become a great investment.

Last edited:

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
I wonder which will be more collectable, the SVO or the 93 Cobra. I've owned both. The Cobra is my favorite but the SVO is a little more rare.

scootro

Established Member
Cobra228 said:
I wonder which will be more collectable, the SVO or the 93 Cobra. I've owned both. The Cobra is my favorite but the SVO is a little more rare.
especially those SVO Comp Prep's

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I like the comp preps too. I think they'll be pretty collectable, but the '93 Cobra, to the majority of the fox guys, is the pinnacle of the fox chassis. It's the one most desired, and the most copied. You don't see a lot (or any) fake SVO's running around.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Guess I should say I am lucky to have an 86 SVO (68k miles, original) and
my 33k mile/original 93 Cobra. As I said on the first page of this thread, tho,
what good will these 2 be to me if I held on to them and our gas prices keep
escalating to the point that I really can't afford "feeding" them, their values
just may start spiralling downward as the only people who could afford to
pay the upward spiralling gas prices would be the only buyers and in the
"driver's seat" as far as what the market prices will be. Wish I felt more
positive about it, but this is my take on the evolving situation.

And I still have 3 other Mustangs to contend with....gauge the return value
as opposed to being able to afford gas.....an 82 t-topped GT, a 66 A-code fb and a 64.5 K-code coupe made on June 8 1964.:rollseyes
:coolman:

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
This thread is gayer than a *** with a bag of dicks. It didn't make sense or have any relevance from the very first post.

stangbear427

Established Member
fromme said:
This thread is gayer than a *** with a bag of dicks. It didn't make sense or have any relevance from the very first post.

And if you can't make any sense of it or see it's relevance, you're dumber than a box of hammers. It really isn't that difficult to understand if you don't need all your information carefully spoon fed...

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
As I said on the first page of this thread, tho,
what good will these 2 be to me if I held on to them and our gas prices keep
escalating to the point that I really can't afford "feeding" them, their values
just may start spiralling downward as the only people who could afford to
pay the upward spiralling gas prices would be the only buyers and in the
"driver's seat" as far as what the market prices will be.

For the amount of miles that most of us drive our cobras (or other collectibles), gas prices will never be an issue. For example say you drive your cobra 1000 miles per year and it gets on average 15 mpg, that equals about 66.7 gallons. Even if gas goes to $4 per gallon then you're looking at about $267 per year in gas. Most people that own these cars can find $267 a year to drive them. :shrug:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
tunedin302 said:
For the amount of miles that most of us drive our cobras (or other collectibles), gas prices will never be an issue. For example say you drive your cobra 1000 miles per year and it gets on average 15 mpg, that equals about 66.7 gallons. Even if gas goes to $4 per gallon then you're looking at about $267 per year in gas. Most people that own these cars can find $267 a year to drive them. :shrug:

Yup, thats one of the reasons I'm thinking very seriously about parting out of my 89 to get some more cash, and buying a 93 Cobra. I don't feel like dealing with a high horsepower car, horrible gas mileage, having to watch gauges, check plugs, etc. I would rather have a car I can simply enjoy....like a teal cobra. :coolman:

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
I don't feel like dealing with a high horsepower car, horrible gas mileage, having to watch gauges, check plugs, etc. I would rather have a car I can simply enjoy....like a teal cobra. :coolman:

That is the exact reason I am keeping my cobra all stock. My GT is modded and involves a good amount of awareness to drive. In the cobra, I can just sit back and enjoy. :coolman:

stangbear427

Established Member
I get 18-19 with mine with 3.55's, 22+ on the highway. I don't consider that to be bad mileage at all. If gas gets so expensive that I don't want to drive my Mustangs, no car would be worth driving. I'd rather buy a Ninja and tell my boss to go screw himself when it rains.

Users who are viewing this thread