Please, 93 Cobra owners only respond

racerbox77

Established Member
stangbear427 said:
I get 18-19 with mine with 3.55's, 22+ on the highway. I don't consider that to be bad mileage at all. If gas gets so expensive that I don't want to drive my Mustangs, no car would be worth driving. I'd rather buy a Ninja and tell my boss to go screw himself when it rains.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I don't own these cars to worry about gas mileage.

If you're really worried about gas mileage with cars like these, you should question your commitment to owning one, and probably sell it to someone who more appreciates what it is, rather than worried about how the price of fuel is going to effect your wallet for a car that's already limited use.

I daily drove one for 5 years and it had 213,000 miles on it when I sold it. It made 600 hp to the wheels, went 10's and still averaged 20 mpg. You'd be hard pressed to average much better than that in anything V8 powered. Yet, I didn't care. I was willing to pay whatever I needed to be able to drive and enjoy that car everyday. And it was WELL worth it.

Owning and enjoying cars like these, isn't free. If you're not willing to pay, you probably shouldn't play.

Oh, and IMO, gas prices no matter how high they get, will not effect the performance car market. In general they're pretty limited use, and in general, get pretty good mileage anyway.

Last edited:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
I don't own these cars to worry about gas mileage.

If you're really worried about gas mileage with cars like these, you should question your commitment to owning one, and probably sell it to someone who more appreciates what it is, rather than worried about how the price of fuel is going to effect your wallet for a car that's already limited use.

-I couldn't be happier with my mpg: 23+ in town and 28+ on the road! And commitment....man are you woofing up the wrong tree as this 93 is tied for my favorite with my Highland green 66 fb! However, with my retirement looming in the NEAR future and the cost of healthcare going thru the ceilling, gas could be the last thing I'd be buying if it meant staying healthy. If you aren't worried at all, then pedal your own course into the future and permit me to do the same w/o knocking me.

I daily drove one for 5 years and it had 213,000 miles on it when I sold it. It made 600 hp to the wheels, went 10's and still averaged 20 mpg. You'd be hard pressed to average much better than that in anything V8 powered. Yet, I didn't care. I was willing to pay whatever I needed to be able to drive and enjoy that car everyday. And it was WELL worth it.

...than you can pedal your way into the future knowing full well your rapacious need to use more than your share of the gas has "fueled" the
obvious warming cycle our "blind" president has up to now refused to see.

Owning and enjoying cars like these, isn't free. If you're not willing to pay, you probably shouldn't play.

...oh, give me a break! If you were the first to realize this, I might give you credit.....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I started driving, it WAS ALMOST FREE @ 19.9 cents/gal. Now that we are paying out much more of our hard-earned $$$$$ to the Arabs/Hugo Chavez for their black gold, we may be in the driver seats of our cars but not so in the gas situation. Even some of our own gas producing companys aren't American anymore as they move corporate headquarters offshore to shirk their tax burden.

Oh, and IMO, gas prices no matter how high they get, will not effect the performance car market.

-No argument here....

In general they're pretty limited use, and in general, get pretty good mileage anyway.

....modern day performance cars mpg maybe, NOT the older "Detroit iron!!!!!" as they were made in the time of cheap gas and nobody cared about mpg!
:coolman:

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
..than you can pedal your way into the future knowing full well your rapacious need to use more than your share of the gas has "fueled" the

:bs: ..... please sell your Cobra at once.

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
stangbear427 said:
And if you can't make any sense of it or see it's relevance, you're dumber than a box of hammers. It really isn't that difficult to understand if you don't need all your information carefully spoon fed...

I totaly agree.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
....modern day performance cars mpg maybe, NOT the older "Detroit iron!!!!!" as they were made in the time of cheap gas and nobody cared about mpg!
We're talking about '93 cobras, not gas guzzlers from back in the day. While on that note however, my '69 Cobra with a 428CJ got 21 mpg when I drove it to Utah from California 2 months ago. Still respectable if you ask me.

When I made my post I was refering to this:

what good will these 2 be to me if I held on to them and our gas prices keep escalating to the point that I really can't afford "feeding" them, their values just may start spiralling downward
First, and you agreed with this, fuel prices aren't going to effect the value of your cars. If you can't afford to drive a car that get's 20+ mpg 2357 miles/year (33,000 miles devided by 14 years), then you really should sell it and get a bicycle. Because if you're worried about paying $321 in a whole year for fuel, then YES, you should question your commitment to this kind of a car. Ask any car guy if $321 is worth owning and driving a performance car like the '93 cobra. You couldn't buy a mopehead that gets 60mpg or better and be better off. The cost of the bike or insurance alone would be more than what you pay in fuel to drive your '93. The point is, that with such limited use as your 33k mile car, gas prices will never effect your wallet in a way that it interferes with your other expenses.

...than you can pedal your way into the future knowing full well your rapacious need to use more than your share of the gas has "fueled" the
obvious warming cycle
You're somehow blaming me for the earths warming cycle, because I drive the same car as you? A little hypocritical don't you think?

But, if you don't agree with that, sell it, buy a civic and let those of us, who have a right to burn as much fuel as we want, enjoy our cars.

Last edited:

stangbear427

Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
..than you can pedal your way into the future knowing full well your rapacious need to use more than your share of the gas has "fueled" the
Now THIS is a statement that's gayer than a *** with a bag of dicks! Someone get Al Gore out of here, and remind him that there weren't any Mustangs driving around when the miles of ice that used to cover this continent melted away.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
stangbear427 said:
And if you can't make any sense of it or see it's relevance, you're dumber than a box of hammers. It really isn't that difficult to understand if you don't need all your information carefully spoon fed...

Touche. :poke: So might I ask you all to reread the original post to this thread, then tell me how I am supposed to respond (because the thread starter asked for responses). Because it doesn't make sense, is he asking a question, making a statement, braggin or what? Now we're talking about gas mileage and global warming.
Anyway, sorry if anyone took my statement personally, it wasn't directed at or towards anyone. I still meant what I said though. I'm not a touchy-feely kind of person, some just need to lighten up...I thought that was pretty funny.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
It's pretty simple. He's asking why someone would want to trade their '93 cobra which is/will be on the incline in value for a '99 or newer body car that's on the decline. Or why anyone would want to get rid of their '93 cobra and buy a newer car and deal with large car payments and higher insurance.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
We're talking about '93 cobras, not gas guzzlers from back in the day. While on that note however, my '69 Cobra with a 428CJ got 21 mpg when I drove it to Utah from California 2 months ago. Still respectable if you ask me.

--I think the reference was made to "all performance cars" and there is a
difference between todays perf. cars, they are better in the mpg field than the 50/60's, and the older/less economical perf. cars. For a 428CJ that's
pretty good! No doubt you minimized getting into the secondaries.

First, and you agreed with this, fuel prices aren't going to effect the value of your cars. If you can't afford to drive a car that get's 20+ mpg 2357 miles/year (33,000 miles devided by 14 years), then you really should sell it and get a bicycle. Because if you're worried about paying $321 in a whole year for fuel, then YES, you should question your commitment to this kind of a car. Ask any car guy if $321 is worth owning and driving a performance car like the '93 cobra. You couldn't buy a mopehead that gets 60mpg or better and be better off. The cost of the bike or insurance alone would be more than what you pay in fuel to drive your '93. The point is, that with such limited use as your 33k mile car, gas prices will never effect your wallet in a way that it interferes with your other expenses.

--The figures don't lie, it's not presently that much in gas outlay for the few thousand miles/year. However, when gas hits $5.00/gal and doesn't stop there, I won't have an uneconomical car (perf. or otherwise) around anymore, just pics and memories. By that time us lower incomed people won't have the discretionary $$$ to fuel the Cobra. Further, you can bet those who will have the money, one way or another, to fuel their Cobra, et al, will be in the driver's seat when the out-of-discretionary-money people decide, too late, to get the maximum sales value out of their Cobra/perf. car. In this way I personally believe the perf. cars will suffer in value some day in the future.

You're somehow blaming me for the earths warming cycle, because I drive the same car as you? A little hypocritical don't you think?

--We present-day perf. car owners are ALL in the same "boat" here....just add up your perf. car mileage and assume your percentage of guilt.....

But, if you don't agree with that, sell it, buy a civic and let those of us, who have a right to burn as much fuel as we want, enjoy our cars.

--Some day I will have to sell #629 either because of the escalating gas prices or my reflexes will get too slow to control the Cobra at "normal":rolling:
:D speeds. And I've already gotten an Accent, Hyundai that is, for the ride
to work and most of the other mundane daily "responsibilitys."

stangbear427

Established Member
I hate my job, and driving my car there and home is about all the happiness I get out of the situation. If I had to drive a Hyundai Accent to work, I'd be on anti-depressants in one week, and probably checked into a nut house by the end of the month.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
stangbear427 said:
I hate my job, and driving my car there and home is about all the happiness I get out of the situation. If I had to drive a Hyundai Accent to work, I'd be on anti-depressants in one week, and probably checked into a nut house by the end of the month.
I'm with ya buddy. I have a '91 5.0 I drive daily. And even that I call my "beater". I've considered selling it to get something more gas friendly, but I can't stand the thought of driving some shit box everyday. So the additional gas I pay for is WAY worth it.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
And I've already gotten an Accent, Hyundai that is, for the ride to work and most of the other mundane daily "responsibilitys."

How can you possibly use the coolman icon after a sentance with the word "Hyundai" in it? :poke:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
stangbear427 said:

I'm sorta the opposite. I like my job(means an OK job in which I get paid WAY to much for what I do) but have to drive 82 miles round trip to work. I'm a lazy drive, get on the interstate, set the cruise, a couple lane changes maybe, and I'm there. All I care about is MPG and having AC. I like having a fast car as a toy. I daily drove my blown 89, and it kinda lost its fun to me.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
.....I'm floored by all the Accent adulation.....

It's a means to an end for the present as it's the weekday commuter for sitting in traffic jams. I wouldn't trust any of my 5 Mustangs out in our many afternoon gridlock jams let alone in the parking lots at work! Besides, they are all on collector 2,500 annual miles/year stated value insurance where commuting to work is a no-no unless I want to lose all my 5 coverages if caught.

I reiterate my signoff icon :coolman: !!!!!!! The weekends are definately
cool when the :bowdown: Cobra, HiPo, SVO, GT and the 66 fb come out to play :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :burnout:
:p

:coolman: !

CO9B3RA

Established Member
stangbear427 said:

We all have our little "tricks" to cope with life: I squeeze the mpg's during
the work week :( to enjoy the weekend "horse" rides! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread