Please Beware and Cautious

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Glad you got your money back OP and are bringing this to our attention. You should have returned the mats tho.

Zemedici

Established Member
Glad you got your money back OP and are bringing this to our attention. You should have returned the mats tho.

For what? So he can rip someone else off? Come on dude.

The guys a scumbag, and deserves to be in jail. I'm sure the guys smart enough to automatically withdraw the money from his PayPal, meaning he didn't lose anything. Just closes that account and opens another. Getting the mats back should be the least of his issue, he'll just steal more to 'modify' and resell.

mattmynhier

Established Member

Why in the world would I send these back? So, he could hose someone else out of 300 bucks? First of all, it is eBay's policy to not ship counterfeit products back. Why you ask? Because its illegal to ship counterfeit products through the USPS. Like felony illegal, it is called mail fraud. That's why i disposed of them like eBay asked.
I bet you would be less forgiving had it been your dad that had bought them. And, it would have been a thousand times easier to just send them back, get my money back from the seller, and let the next guy deal with getting screwed out of 300 dollars. But, I took the time, about 4-5 hours, on the phone so i made sure at least he couldn't screw someone else with these mats. But, the time i wasted was to no avail as all he did was make another set.
Dude, really?

2KBlackGT

Established Member
For what? So he can rip someone else off? Come on dude.

The guys a scumbag, and deserves to be in jail. I'm sure the guys smart enough to automatically withdraw the money from his PayPal, meaning he didn't lose anything. Just closes that account and opens another. Getting the mats back should be the least of his issue, he'll just steal more to 'modify' and resell.

Because when you're not satisfied with a purchase thats what you do, return the product for a refund.

Why in the world would I send these back? So, he could hose someone else out of 300 bucks? First of all, it is eBay's policy to not ship counterfeit products back. Why you ask? Because its illegal to ship counterfeit products through the USPS. Like felony illegal, it is called mail fraud. That's why i disposed of them like eBay asked.
I bet you would be less forgiving had it been your dad that had bought them. And, it would have been a thousand times easier to just send them back, get my money back from the seller, and let the next guy deal with getting screwed out of 300 dollars. But, I took the time, about 4-5 hours, on the phone so i made sure at least he couldn't screw someone else with these mats. But, the time i wasted was to no avail as all he did was make another set.
Dude, really?

So you agree it didn't make a difference since he somehow came up with 7 new sets out of nowhere? You got your refund and reported him for selling a crap/counterfeit product so you've done your part.

mattmynhier

Established Member
Because when you're not satisfied with a purchase thats what you do, return the product for a refund.

So you agree it didn't make a difference since he somehow came up with 7 new sets out of nowhere? You got your refund and reported him for selling a crap/counterfeit product so you've done your part.

Yeah, at the time that I put all the effort into reporting him and going through all the steps and losing 5 hours of my life for nothing, I didn't know he was going to be able to make 7 more sets. Actually, I just learned that today slick.
And, no I would rather not commit a felony mail fraud offense by doing exactly what eBay forbids in counterfeit cases. Come on man, really?

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Yeah, at the time that I put all the effort into reporting him and going through all the steps and losing 5 hours of my life for nothing, I didn't know he was going to be able to make 7 more sets. Actually, I just learned that today slick.
And, no I would rather not commit a felony mail fraud offense by doing exactly what eBay forbids in counterfeit cases. Come on man, really?

Actually after looking at the ad and reading what you've posted in this thread the mats may not even be counterfeit, slick. They are ginuine Ford mats with the Cobra steamed/glued on, correct? Sounds more like false advertisment than counterfeit to me, slick. I bet if he changed to ad to say Ford Mats part #YR33-6313010-A with a cute Cobra emblem steamed/glued on he'd still sell just as many, slick lol.

mattmynhier

Established Member
Actually after looking at the ad and reading what you've posted in this thread the mats may not even be counterfeit, slick. They are ginuine Ford mats with the Cobra steamed/glued on, correct? Sounds more like false advertisment than counterfeit to me, slick. I bet if he changed to ad to say Ford Mats part #YR33-6313010-A with a cute Cobra emblem steamed/glued on he'd still sell just as many, slick lol.

Well Slick, the listing does not say YR33-6313010-A does it? It Specifically says "XR3Z-6313086 PART NUMBER ON THE BOTTOM." Go get ya a set! I am sure you will be happy with them.

Had it said "YR33-6313010-A" I, and others, would not have bought them. Wow!
Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 1.35.43 PM.png

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Well Slick, the listing does not say YR33-6313010-A does it? It Specifically says "XR3Z-6313086 PART NUMBER ON THE BOTTOM." Go get ya a set! I am sure you will be happy with them.

Had it said "YR33-6313010-A" I, and others, would not have bought them. Wow!
View attachment 80350

Had you comprehended my post correctly I actually agree with everything you've done except not returning the mats. Technically THEY ARE genuine Cobra mats https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2004-factory-floor-mat-pictures.799014/. I just said it's more of a false advertisement than counterfeit. Anywho, you did good letting us know Slick. I'll leave your thread alone now lol, good day sir.

mattmynhier

Established Member
counterfeit
noun coun·ter·feit
Definition of counterfeit
  1. 1 : something counterfeit : forgery
  2. 2 : something likely to be mistaken for something of higher value <pity was a counterfeit of love — Harry Hervey>

"something likely to be mistaken for something of higher value"

pretty much sums up that

mattmynhier

Established Member
And Ebay told me not to return them and destroy them. What part of my post can you not comprehend correctly? IT WAS EBAY THAT TOLD ME NOT TO RETURN THEM AND TO DESTROY THEM. READ THAT SLOWLY TO COMPREHEND IT BETTER, slick...

Zemedici

Established Member
And Ebay told me not to return them and destroy them. What part of my post can you not comprehend correctly? IT WAS EBAY THAT TOLD ME NOT TO RETURN THEM AND TO DESTROY THEM. READ THAT SLOWLY TO COMPREHEND IT BETTER, slick...

Whambam. From ebay themselves

Knock it off.

Same people, like we said in the other thread. Lololololol

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
He has sold a ton of those. I watch a lot of things on ebay long before I ever pull the trigger, this guy and the other nick has sold several pairs of these. I guess to know for sure I could look back through his feedback, unless he has them all marked private. But Ill bet hes made a killing over the years. OP I'm glad I didn't get them now. Thanks!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He has sold a ton of those. I watch a lot of things on ebay long before I ever pull the trigger, this guy and the other nick has sold several pairs of these. I guess to know for sure I could look back through his feedback, unless he has them all marked private. But Ill bet hes made a killing over the years. OP I'm glad I didn't get them now. Thanks!
I checked his last 15 days of sales (1,307 items) and I found two Cobra mat sales. One of those ended on 12/26 which I assume is the OP's buy. This guy sells a ton of lower cost auto related items.

I'm confused about something. He has another Cobra mat up for auction. If eBay accepted the counterfeit claim, how are they not shutting down this one? You would think they would check for others and shut them down. And you'd think he'd be warned not to list any more of these mats. Maybe he's getting slack because they're making a lot of money off of him. He has over 151K sales with recorded feedback. eBay being eBay, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread