Please dear God please talk me out of this....plastidiping

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Ok, I like, we'll I love the boss and the boss black accents.

I successfully did the lower valance on my mustang but I will eventually replace it with the boss one, now I'm topping with the idea of doing my regular style(with camera) in flat black like the bosses are. Even thinking about dooing the roof, I know it didn't come on the year of my car but hell I like it and it's my car.

Someone talk me out of this.

The car in question

20121105_125704.jpg

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We come to you today to ask that you be with timpryor. He is considering plastidiipping his 30k car and we, svtp, are afraid he knows not what he is doing. We trust that you will get though to him and bring him back to sanity.

Amen.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I plastidipped the roof on mine yesterday to see if I would like the way a flat black roof would look on my car. I WOULD NOT leave it on permanently and as a matter of fact I already ripped it off and have an appointment to get it vinyl wrapped tomorrow. It came out like sh1t and I do not like the idea of plasti dip on my $39k car

burke985

Established Member
i dont get the plastidip craze and i would not even think of doing that to any part of my car .....amen

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
PD has to be done correctly to look right.

im going to do my hood vents. and the grill on my SHO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're free to do whatever you want, but your decision to not do it is probably the best decision. Small parts, yes.

By the way, 01Bluesnake, I love your Grabber Blue GT. Those wheels really compliment the paint, and visa versa.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I plasti-sprayed the front fogs on my 5.0, I liked the way they turned out. I messed around with hood and it looked like shit, I pealed it off immediately.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I love plasti dip, I could care less about what anyone else thinks. My emblems, rear fake gas cap, and center of my GT500 wing are dipped. They came out great and have been fine for nearly 9 months of DD duty. Do it, see if you like it, then get it painted/wrapped if plasti dip is to "red neck" for you. But those running vinyl are just a bad as those using plasti dip. If your gunna do it RIGHT, then paint it, otherwise, its all cheap and low grade.

Users who are viewing this thread