Please Take A Look - Dyno Graph - Newb Here

uofipilot

Established Member
Well, not a total newb, but a newb to the 03/04 Cobra (I refuse to use the words "Termie" or "Termy", and am slightly against "Terminator"). I finally broke down and sold my black on black 97 Cobra coupe and purchased this beautiful machine....2003 Cobra (black on black is no coincidence...).

CarwhenNEW.jpg

RearView.jpg

Interior2View.jpg

Anyway, she's build number 69 (giggidy) in 2003, and was built on May 17, 2002. I bought it from the original owner just outside of Dearborn, MI, who took extremely good care of it. It has 19,800 miles after the drive home, and I wouldn't hesitate to eat of off any part of the car.

The car was dyno tuned by a shop up in Michigan about 4 years ago. I'm new(er) to the 03/04 Cobra, so please tell me if anything looks out of whack on this graph. It looks good to me...AFR is a little less flat than I would imagine, but what do I know? At least it seems to be in the ballpark throughout the power band.

Performance mods are: 2.8 Upper, LFP Heat Exchanger / PHP CAI / Bassani X with Hi-Flow Cats / Borla Catback (Chambered...not Stingers)

DynoGraph.jpg

Thoughts on the graph? Is that little dip at the big end indicative of belt slip? I'm thinking of having it re-tuned by Bob Kurgan here in Chicago...apparently he knows his shit. Even if he just looks at it for peace of mind, I might have it done. Opinions please.

It's nice to be in this forum for real now. Thanks for the advice.

Matt

Tkaugh29

Established Member
id get it retuned as it has been 4 years since last tune and now your in a new climate (im not sure how different michigan and chicago climate it). Would be nice to have the peace of mind knowing your car is running at optimum.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
congrats on the purchase!

im at work, and for some reason none of the pics are showing up, so i definately cant help you there....but congrats none the less.

treat her with lots of love and respect, and she'll do the same for you! =]

:beer:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
A/F is a bit wavy.If you look at a bunch of other graphs the a/f is pretty flat.I`d get her checked out if it was mine.

key

Established Member
I don't think it looks too bad at all :shrug:

I agree on the retune though, it can't hurt. Who knows what the tune looks like now after almost 5 years of wear and tear.

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member
you seem to be looking pretty good. and it doesn't matter where you live, the MAF should adjust to any climate. That's why we have them.

I'd take it to a local dyno and make a pull or two and just verify your a/f.

Better yet ... don't get tuned too quick until you have a healthy twin screw on top of that mod motor. Lets get movin! haha

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Congrats on the buy. The car looks really clean!

It's hard to tell without any gridlines on your Y-axis of the A/F curve, but it appears a little lean up to 4000 rpms or so. Most like to see nice flat 11.0-11.5-12.0 A/F curves.

As others have recommended, take it to a reputable local tuner. Either verify your A/F or get a new tune since you're in a new climate.

Good luck! Drive safe!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First, congratulations! Super low miles and only the 69th built. The previous owner sure took good care of it. Power and torque are in the right ballpark. A/F should be looked at. So since the tune is 4 years old it would be smart to have it re-tuned. You will likely pick up some power/torque, but that will depend on your new tune. And you'll feel more comfortable knowing exactly what you have, tune wise. It will also make future re-tuning a bit easier since I assume you'd go back to the same shop.

Best of luck with it! :thumbsup:

monX

Established Member
congrats on the cobra, looks great, def get a new tune

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Isn't that a Dyno sheet from Lidio?? If yes, isn't he one of the earliest and top tuners we have?? Maybe give him a call with your questions to start.

uofipilot

Established Member
Isn't that a Dyno sheet from Lidio?? If yes, isn't he one of the earliest and top tuners we have?? Maybe give him a call with your questions to start.

I don't remember what the tuner's name was, but the original owner said this guy was one of the first around and did basically all the 03s in the Detroit area when they first came out. It's a SCT tune, and apparantly, the tuner told te original owner that the tune he was using for cars with similar mods was pretty much right on for this car as well. It was put on the dyno, and a few very small tweeks were made.

I don't think it would hurt to put it ona dyno here just to get it looked over. I don't really care about the power nummbers....I'd rather lose a bit and have a safer tune. Blowing this up is not high on my to-do list.

Thanks for the replies.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
The tune looks fine, it's getting richer as the rpms get higher. It looks wavy and "rough" because of how close the scaling is, some tuners with change the scaling to make the AFR line look flatter. It makes the numbers it should and the AFR is where it should be. Drive the car and enjoy it.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Glad you finally found one you liked, Matt! Sorry I couldn't let mine go for you. Car looks good and I'd definitely have Kurgan work his magic on it.

As you know, mine is tuned by him and I raced my buddy last week who has a posi ported '03 making about 470/470 and I got him by about a car and a half all the way until 135mph. I also got my buddy's Whippled '03 on 13lbs by about the same. Whether it's the tune or not, all I know is my car runs like a scalded dog and I'm thinking it has something to do with Kurgan. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread