Pokemon STOP. Seriously....please just stop.

Branhammer

Established Member
Pokémon was stupid when I was a kid and guess what....it hasn't changed. I'm so sick of seeing this stupid new "Pokémon GO" shit everywhere I look. Is it a genius idea that is going to make millions? Absolutely. But if I see one more idiot downtown with his face in his phone not watching where he's going I'm going to shoulder check him onto the ****ing sidewalk. Also, I'm seeing a lot of people on my FB feed who don't have jobs, some of them too "chronically ill" to work for a living, yet they have all the time and energy in the world to scour the city looking for ****ing imaginary animals.

We need to get a hacker to program some "super rare" pokemon that will only show up at one particular period of time in a specific open field and then...

tumblr_mjig0tFqAn1r8bxs1o1_r1_500.gif

/Rant

Troponin

Established Member
The only good to come out of this is that it's getting people up and moving that don't move at all otherwise. OTOH, people are taking greater risks, putting others in danger while playing the game and driving, and it's also being used as a method of targeting people for muggings (they are using Pokestops at night and waiting for victims to show up). TexDOT has already issued a warning about the game and it's only been out a few days

Branhammer

Established Member
The only good to come out of this is that it's getting people up and moving that don't move at all otherwise. OTOH, people are taking greater risks, putting others in danger while playing the game and driving, and it's also being used as a method of targeting people for muggings (they are using Pokestops at night and waiting for victims to show up). TexDOT has already issued a warning about the game and it's only been out a few days

Up and moving into oncoming traffic, you mean. Have you seen these people out there? They are literally looking at their phones as if the REAL WORLD is not right in front of them. So stupid.

Wait....actually....what mastermind came up with this brilliant idea to weed out the gene pool???? He's my ****ing hero!

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
This would be a great port to Google Glass.... lol. People are/were already nose deep in their phones while walking/driving, this is just an added distraction.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Latest fad. It'll die down, same as the rest of em.

I don't think it will. Pokemon is hugely popular. It will die down a small amount when the people just playing because it's "cool" right now stop, but it's going to be a big problem. Everyone needs to keep an extra sharp eye out for people on their phone while driving.

Also be weary of people walking around your property/workplace. Lots of people trespassing just to play the game. My friend confronted someone on his private property. He took his rifle and German Shepards out to see what the hell he was doing. Guy was just playing the stupid game.

nxhappy

Established Member
you are a ****ing liar if you deny loving pokemon as a child.......

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Don't worry, the game/app. will be pulled in the US once the lawsuits start for kids getting hurt or killed while playing the game.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I watched a girl go sprinting across the street in Arlington, VA (read: very busy/high traffic area) yesterday without even so much as a glance to see if a car was coming either way. She was way too concerned with starring at the phone in her hand. I then watched her frantically wonder around the small park that she ran to, still 100% focused on her phone. Pretty safe to assume this is what she was doing.

It won't be long before several people wind up dead from this.

Shhhh

Established Member
I play the shit out of this game. Head over to the park and just walk around for a while. I hope people will be more responsible and not play and drive. That would be cool if the app would shut off automatically if you're going to over a certain speed.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I play the shit out of this game. Head over to the park and just walk around for a while. I hope people will be more responsible and not play and drive. That would be cool if the app would shut off automatically if you're going to over a certain speed.

this. there needs to be some safe measures built into the game, as common sense is not a flower that grows in everyone's garden. a speed sensor where it detects your speed and blacks out the screen while in the game would be a nice feature. there's a battery saver feature which already blacks out the screen if the phone is inverted. they just need to modify the code so it does the same thing after getting up to 10mph or something.

i play the game, but only at the local parks and beaches where people should be walking. coincidentally, those are the areas where there is the most activity for the game.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

this. there needs to be some safe measures built into the game, as common sense is not a flower that grows in everyone's garden. a speed sensor where it detects your speed and blacks out the screen while in the game would be a nice feature. there's a battery saver feature which already blacks out the screen if the phone is inverted. they just need to modify the code so it does the same thing after getting up to 10mph or something.

i play the game, but only at the local parks and beaches where people should be walking. coincidentally, those are the areas where there is the most activity for the game.

I agree, but I doubt they will as then any passengers can't play. From what I understand there are in app purchases you can make, and the more they block people out, the less money they make.

nxhappy

Established Member
at least the kids are WALKING now. I mean ****, better than 15 hours SITTING, playing xbox or PS.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Not sure it's worth getting so upset about. I plan to play it with my 11yr old daughter, good way to get her out and us doing something fun together. Just like a 1000 other things in our modern world - people need to be responsible for their own behavior and actions.

Users who are viewing this thread