Pokemon STOP. Seriously....please just stop.

blackbolt2003

Established Member
It's a lot of fun. It gives me and the wife something to do on our nightly walks. But, like everything else, stupid people will ruin it. I constantly see people playing it while they are driving.

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't think it will. Pokemon is hugely popular. It will die down a small amount when the people just playing because it's "cool" right now stop, but it's going to be a big problem. Everyone needs to keep an extra sharp eye out for people on their phone while driving.

Also be weary of people walking around your property/workplace. Lots of people trespassing just to play the game. My friend confronted someone on his private property. He took his rifle and German Shepards out to see what the hell he was doing. Guy was just playing the stupid game.

What the **** - you serious? I didnt know it had reached that level of stupidity.....

I'm part of this 'Generation' that everyone hates, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I'm trespassing to catch ****ing pokemon, or texting while im on the interstate moving at 90 mph, or fighting with the police and claiming 'police brutality' when they whoop my ass, you know...the dumb shit.

Steve1578

Established Member
at least the kids are WALKING now. I mean ****, better than 15 hours SITTING, playing xbox or PS.

Which is exactly the purpose of the game, to get "kids" to get up and GO. Naturally, some precaution needs to be had. The kids are either sitting on the PC getting cyber-stalked by a 40 year old dude wearing his grandma's panties, or they're out walking in front of traffic. The game should have some sort of limit to prohibit driving & playing, otherwise it's all too tempting. As far as kids not paying attention and getting hurt, that's a bit tougher.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I almost hit two idiot adults that looked as if they were playing that game when I got called in to work on Sunday.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I've been wondering for the past two days what all these ****ing people are doing when they're supposed to be driving...it didn't seem like texting because they're moving their damn phone around and looking in multiple directions while going significantly under the speed limit, whilst randomly braking and swerving.

On a side note, it does seem like a pretty cool concept since it is getting a lot of kids of their fat asses. But, as someone said, there needs to be some disabler for people driving god damnit.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Saturday evening I was down in Maryland picking up a F250 with a friend. We stopped at an advanced auto outside of Elkton and as we were getting some stuff, heard the reason why I-95 was backed up for miles. I'm used to I-95 being a piece of shit, but apparently 2 people ran out into the middle of the highway to catch a pokemon. This topic came up in the store because some guy in the parking lot was running around doing the same thing.

This game has already had many people get robbed, give it a week and someone will end up dead from it.

oldmodman

Established Member
I must have been to old to enjoy Pokémon too.

I already designed a version that would be a whole lot more fun. At least for most of us.

Geo link nude selfies to the girl that posted them. Then direct the searchers to them. :uh oh:

Then let's see who rants and screams about the game.

Branhammer

Established Member
I was in 7th grade when it came out. I thought it was ****ing stupid. The kids who played it are the same ones who collected beanie babies. GAY

My younger brother did both and I still make fun of him for it. Oh and he plays Pokémon GO....and I call him a ******.

Branhammer

Established Member
I play the shit out of this game.

i play the game,

JigglyPuff FTW!

It's a lot of fun.

We can never be friends...

Not sure it's worth getting so upset about. I plan to play it with my 11yr old daughter, good way to get her out and us doing something fun together. Just like a 1000 other things in our modern world - people need to be responsible for their own behavior and actions.

I'll give you a pass...

Zemedici

Established Member
Saturday evening I was down in Maryland picking up a F250 with a friend. We stopped at an advanced auto outside of Elkton and as we were getting some stuff, heard the reason why I-95 was backed up for miles. I'm used to I-95 being a piece of shit, but apparently 2 people ran out into the middle of the highway to catch a pokemon. This topic came up in the store because some guy in the parking lot was running around doing the same thing.

This game has already had many people get robbed, give it a week and someone will end up dead from it.

robbed for what?

GIMME YOUR POKEMANZ

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I really should have been born in the late 20's. I would have fit in so much better with the depression post WWI, pre-WW2 crowd.

Stanger00

Established Member
I was tool old for Pokemon when it came out in 1995 and was more into BMX then video games.

I use this game as time to spend with my stepson and bond with the kid. He's not into the same stuff as me and vice versa however since we downloaded this app we have spent a couple hours each night walking around our local parks.

People already text and drive and text while walking. The stupid was already present so let's not act like this is a new phenomenon with people being distracted by their smartphones.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
What the **** - you serious? I didnt know it had reached that level of stupidity.....

I'm part of this 'Generation' that everyone hates, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I'm trespassing to catch ****ing pokemon, or texting while im on the interstate moving at 90 mph, or fighting with the police and claiming 'police brutality' when they whoop my ass, you know...the dumb shit.

The dumb thing is you don't even need to do that. Just walk 100-300 meters on the street and the damn thing will pop up on the map. lol noobs.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I was tool old for Pokemon when it came out in 1995 and was more into BMX then video games.

I use this game as time to spend with my stepson and bond with the kid. He's not into the same stuff as me and vice versa however since we downloaded this app we have spent a couple hours each night walking around our local parks.

People already text and drive and text while walking. The stupid was already present so let's not act like this is a new phenomenon with people being distracted by their smartphones.

The game takes more of your concentration away from the road for longer though. It's more dangerous than texting and driving.

Users who are viewing this thread