Pokemon STOP. Seriously....please just stop.

swok

I love mods, and not the car ones.
Established Member
I am 32 amd i must be very out of touch with my peers.
8223ca8be24bfa0406ff40bbc5db301d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh no! I don't know my memes! I put 3 minutes into that. I couldn't care less. LMAO that's the same kind of respond I've been getting from the pussy-hurt pokemon fans on my FB friends list. "You don't live your life on social media, you're old!"

No I was just accomplishing real goals why my "peers" were catching Pikachu.

I can actually turn my phone off while I'm in a movie or driving, whereas, apparently, my "peers" will suddenly contract super aids and die on the spot if they don't have their faces in their phones for more than 5 minutes.

I'm usually too busy earning a living and doing real world things like camping/fishing/vacations, so I must've missed "Memes 101." I'm sure that expertise would have really helped me in the real world though :rolleyes:

Yes, I AM out of touch with a large portion of my generation and THANK GOD for that because my generation is ****ing retarded.

u-mad-1_zpsubpbtztz.jpg

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I downloaded it just to see what it was all about. Then it wanted me to walk out of my house so I deleted it. Seems pretty lame.

Stanger00

Established Member
Oh no! I don't know my memes! I put 3 minutes into that. I couldn't care less. LMAO that's the same kind of respond I've been getting from the pussy-hurt pokemon fans on my FB friends list. "You don't live your life on social media, you're old!"

No I was just accomplishing real goals why my "peers" were catching Pikachu.

I can actually turn my phone off while I'm in a movie or driving, whereas, apparently, my "peers" will suddenly contract super aids and die on the spot if they don't have their faces in their phones for more than 5 minutes.

I'm usually too busy earning a living and doing real world things like camping/fishing/vacations, so I must've missed "Memes 101." I'm sure that expertise would have really helped me in the real world though :rolleyes:

Yes, I AM out of touch with a large portion of my generation and THANK GOD for that because my generation is ****ing retarded.

I do all of that stuff too as a 32 year old. A person has to try pretty hard to not know what's going on with the Internet and its trends.

Lol

Branhammer

Established Member
I do all of that stuff too as a 32 year old. A person has to try pretty hard to not know what's going on with the Internet and its trends.

Lol

Well you're assuming I know nothing because I got one meme wrong. LOL. I just said I don't pay attention to it all because I have better things to do. And you have to admit that most of our generation would have a full-blown panic attack without their phones/social media and take a week off of work under FMLA.

This game takes all the dumbest, most useless obsessions (pokemon, social media, smart phones) and crams them all together. It's a recipe made specifically for our generation.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
Serious question. What do you DO with the pokemon after you catch them? Please don't tell me "nothing." You better and least be able to fight them against other peoples' pokemon, right?

Branhammer

Established Member
Dang. I'm older than you but you are coming across as really butthurt over this.

Haha I didn't intend to come off as angry or anything. I'm definitely not. I do think it's dumb though. I WILL be angry if I get into a car wreck because someone was playing this while driving though.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Haha I didn't intend to come off as angry or anything. I'm definitely not. I do think it's dumb though. I WILL be angry if I get into a car wreck because someone was playing this while driving though.

You say you didn't intend to, but almost every other post in this thread is you bashing everyone who played the game 20 years ago, everyone playing it now, and the game itself and how you're superior to everyone who played it. You have some serious issues over this game you aren't willing to admit to.

Branhammer

Established Member

Haha. Seriously though I really am interested. What do you do with them after you catch them in this game? I know you fight with them in the original games. I hope these people aren't running all over catching these things just to have them on their phones and share pics on FB.

Branhammer

Established Member
You say you didn't intend to, but almost every other post in this thread is you bashing everyone who played the game 20 years ago, everyone playing it now, and the game itself and how you're superior to everyone who played it. You have some serious issues over this game you aren't willing to admit to.

Dude you're really digging into this too much. I'm seriously just trolling. That's why it got even worse when I realized there were people on here defending it. Anyone having serious issues over a video game is pretty unfathomable to me.

Steve1578

Established Member
Haha. Seriously though I really am interested. What do you do with them after you catch them in this game? I know you fight with them in the original games. I hope these people aren't running all over catching these things just to have them on their phones and share pics on FB.

You level them up, evolve them, and the main purpose is take over "gyms" which are scattered around landmarks in the community. I play a little bit here and there, much more for the AR aspect of the game. It's a very cool mix of geocaching/exploring, and RPG-type games. Definitely has the risks of getting some people injured/killed/robbed, etc., etc., but if we would just exercise a little common sense...

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
A couple of the kids at work play the game. I think you use them to catch more of them. You can "level them up" and evolve them, too, just like in the originals I guess. You need stronger pokemon to catch stronger pokemon I guess.

I read a news article yesterday that said people can setup Pokemon "gyms" sort of like the original, but they can set them up anywhere including your house/business/church/ whatever.

Edit: looks like the gym locations are chosen by the game itself, but you can take it over.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
How do you "level them up" though? It just doesn't sound like there is even that much interaction with other players. Just catch them and then catch more of them?

rmurer

Established Member
A couple of the kids at work play the game. I think you use them to catch more of them. You can "level them up" and evolve them, too, just like in the originals I guess. You need stronger pokemon to catch stronger pokemon I guess.

I read a news article yesterday that said people can setup Pokemon "gyms" sort of like the original, but they can set them up anywhere including your house/business/church/ whatever.

Edit: looks like the gym locations are chosen by the game itself, but you can take it over.

The company Niantic that came up with the game, had another augmented reality game that made you go to objectives in the real world. These objectives soon became user submitted points of interest in your town. That Niantic would either approve or deny. They took the data from that game and translated it for use in Pokemon Go. Its a slight possibility that they will open up that feature in PoG to allow people to enter new submissions for gyms/stops.

Users who are viewing this thread