Police Sgt. Kills Wife Then Himself.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I grew up with this dude. He lived right behind me and we graduated HS together. We were tight friends in HS. He ended up marrying his HS sweetheart and was married to her for 25 years and had 2 daughters.

I have never met anyone that was more into wanting to be Police than he did. When I moved to CT at age 12 he was already the Capt. of the explorer program. He went on to get hired in Avon CT and then got promoted to Sgt.

He was the most squared away dude I have ever met! He was a state Firearms instructor as well.

Apparently he was a control freak and a little narcissistic. He went for a walk with his wife Sunday afternoon and they presume she asked for a divorce. She wanted one 8 years ago but they tried working it out.

He went for a ride on his motorcycle and went and visited his parents before meeting a friend for a few drinks. When he returned home he went into his bedroom and came out to the kitchen where his wife and daughter were located. He walked over to his wife and gave her a hug and while doing so shoved a .45 caliber in her gut and pulled the trigger! As she slumped over he shot her in the neck and then grabbed her head and shot her in the face!

Right in front of his 18 year old daughter who currently has brain cancer smfh. Spinless COWARD is what he was and what he will be remembered as! POS I hope he rots in HELL!!!!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly don't get why some would rather kill their spouse & then themselves than just get a divorce/separate. It's not super common but I read about it in the news often enough. Either a clinging ex or soon to be divorced person who snaps.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Rage or not, this has to be very hard on you man. I rarely go "soft", but don't ignore your anger on this one. Have to find someone to talk that through with eventually.
The final act was that of a coward, but you did share a lot of positive memories with this guy. Not saying you have to forgive him, because you don't have to right now, if ever.
I only pass this along because I carried a lot of hate and anger towards someone for a long time. As in 20+ years after the fact. It never really served me well. I'm not saying I forgave him, but I'm working on it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
It did **** with me for a couple days trying to wrap my head around this. I guess it goes to show that u just really never know what Demons are living inside of someones head nor what they are capable of!

Most ppl who commit Murder have never done it before....... But this dude was so into being a Cop I just cant understand him of all people doing this.

I think the bottom line is for him his marriage and the fact that he had someone he would control for the rest of his life was too much for him to handle as a Narcissist but bro this was not a fit of RAGE where he would have been charged with Manslaughter this was premeditated MURDER!!!!!

And to do it right in front of ur Daughter is simply EVIL and a final sign of narcissism by not giving a shit how his daughter will cope with that for the rest of her life!

Rage or not, this has to be very hard on you man. I rarely go "soft", but don't ignore your anger on this one. Have to find someone to talk that through with eventually.
The final act was that of a coward, but you did share a lot of positive memories with this guy. Not saying you have to forgive him, because you don't have to right now, if ever.
I only pass this along because I carried a lot of hate and anger towards someone for a long time. As in 20+ years after the fact. It never really served me well. I'm not saying I forgave him, but I'm working on it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
And I forgot to add his daughter had brain cancer several years ago and has brain damage as a result and thinks like a 6 year old. Who is gonna care for her now? She has brain Cancer again btw.

Btw, she was picking up pieces of her mom and trying to put her head back together after this coward shot her point blank in the face! COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im ashamed to even say that dude was a close frind of mine smh.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Terrible story, and I feel horrible for his daughter who will never be the same.

As for forgiveness, that's for YOU, not for the person you're forgiving. Think about it this way, if you HATE someone for something they did... do they care? Likely not, you could feel rage 24/7 for them and they may never know. If you forgive them, YOU feel better and still never have to think about them or talk to them.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Terrible story, and I feel horrible for his daughter who will never be the same.

As for forgiveness, that's for YOU, not for the person you're forgiving. Think about it this way, if you HATE someone for something they did... do they care? Likely not, you could feel rage 24/7 for them and they may never know. If you forgive them, YOU feel better and still never have to think about them or talk to them.
You are exactly right! Forgiveness is not easy most of the time and can take time depending on the situation. It is in fact best for the person who does the forgiving. This is a horrifying story and my heart breaks for the little girl!

ArabianOak

Established Member
crazy crazy stuff...i am curious, was this friend on any sort of anti depressants/prescription drugs...i feel like this is always the link for such irrational/baffling/crazy behavior. many of these mass shootings have had this as a common denominator.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It did **** with me for a couple days trying to wrap my head around this. I guess it goes to show that u just really never know what Demons are living inside of someones head nor what they are capable of!

Most ppl who commit Murder have never done it before....... But this dude was so into being a Cop I just cant understand him of all people doing this.

I think the bottom line is for him his marriage and the fact that he had someone he would control for the rest of his life was too much for him to handle as a Narcissist but bro this was not a fit of RAGE where he would have been charged with Manslaughter this was premeditated MURDER!!!!!

And to do it right in front of ur Daughter is simply EVIL and a final sign of narcissism by not giving a shit how his daughter will cope with that for the rest of her life!
Wow, Brett, that was horrific. I didn't hear anything on the local news about it. Probably missed it. To think his daughter (with brain cancer) saw it happened and tried to piece back her mom's skull is heartbreaking. I pray to God that she doesn't retain that horrific image and memory. I know how hard that news was for you to hear since you were so close to his life. There are many things that happen that I just can't understand, and this is surely one of them. Peace to your soul, Brett! And special, supernatural peace to the daughter. Wow!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
“most squared away”…. Apparently not.

Just goes to show…. You ****ing never know…. Mother****ers on the edge…

Wonder if she was playing him dirty or did something to get the day’s special….

ROADKILL

Established Member
I feel you pain sir. I had a great buddy for years who was just like what you describe your old friend to be. He was a self-made man and could only thank himself for his life's successes. Then after over thirty years of building himself up he quickly tore himself down. And I mean massively. He starting drinking like an animal, started doing pills, got fired, got two DUIs and just pissed all his money away on booze and drugs. He had a little five year old girl that looked like his clone. Obviously all this took a toll on his marriage and he separated from his wife. After meeting his wife to see his daughter one last time he sat in his truck and got unbelievably drunk and ran his truck wide open across a parking lot and through a baseball field aiming for the brick dugout. Intentionally left the seatbelt off and died at the scene.
At one time we were best of friends and he married my sister in law, so we were also related by marriage.

I think about him a lot and its been three years now. I will never understand what went wrong. Tough for everyone to deal with.

It will get easier to process in time in some ways. Some ways not.
I certainly hate to hear the story and wish you the best sir.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Psychosomatic at it's finest. Cowards still can't take them self out of the equation first. Sad story but still too common these days agmons't the commonality that isn't progressed in the news these days. Hope his family recovers.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ya know thats a good question bro and I wondered that myself cause another buddy who worked for me as a Sgt. a few years ago ate his gun in his basement and he had just switched over his anit-depressant meds and I was told they can make ppl suicidal......

There may be a nexus here idn.
crazy crazy stuff...i am curious, was this friend on any sort of anti depressants/prescription drugs...i feel like this is always the link for such irrational/baffling/crazy behavior. many of these mass shootings have had this as a common denominator.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea apparently not very squared away at all. Considered that option as well. Im sure she told him she wanted a divorce but maybe ur right maybe she said she was seeing someone else.

It does appear whatever she told him put him into an uncontrollable rage but if he went into his room and got his gun and killed her I would get it. But he planned that all afternoon....... Thats disturbing!

“most squared away”…. Apparently not.

Just goes to show…. You ****ing never know…. Mother****ers on the edge…

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Im sure she told him she wanted a divorce but maybe ur right maybe she said she was seeing someone else.

I have been refraining from commenting on this due to the nature of the tragedy, the closeness in friendship and the daughter witnessing the whole thing (That was a tough read about her trying to piece her mom back together).

But, now that you guys brought this up, I have to say, reading the original post, it did not pass the sniff test at all. HAS to be more to the story.

How does this level of aggression take place by simply asking for a divorce (shot in the gut, neck and face)?

And as you mention OP, they go home after a walk, he goes for a ride on his motorcycle, visits his parents, goes for a drink with his buddy and THEN comes home and commits such an act. That's premeditated, rage and vengeance all rolled up into one. That did not seem like an I'm so sad and hurt I cannot live without you kind of mind set to me.

Very tragic indeed and very hard to speculate what exactly took place based on the information in the original post alone.

My wife and I debate this all the time. She says it doesn't matter why it happened it cannot be understood because the person is crazy or not in their right mind. I say if we have all the information it cannot be justified or condoned, but we may be able to understand why it happened.

At this point and with the limited information I cannot understand why this happened. As mentioned, this story does not pass the sniff test at this time.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have been refraining from commenting on this due to the nature of the tragedy, the closeness in friendship and the daughter witnessing the whole thing (That was a tough read about her trying to piece her mom back together).

But, now that you guys brought this up, I have to say, reading the original post, it did not pass the sniff test at all. HAS to be more to the story.

How does this level of aggression take place by simply asking for a divorce (shot in the gut, neck and face)?

And as you mention OP, they go home after a walk, he goes for a ride on his motorcycle, visits his parents, goes for a drink with his buddy and THEN comes home and commits such an act. That's premeditated, rage and vengeance all rolled up into one. That did not seem like an I'm so sad and hurt I cannot live without you kind of mind set to me.

Very tragic indeed and very hard to speculate what exactly took place based on the information in the original post alone.

My wife and I debate this all the time. She says it doesn't matter why it happened it cannot be understood because the person is crazy or not in their right mind. I say if we have all the information it cannot be justified or condoned, but we may be able to understand why it happened.

At this point and with the limited information I cannot understand why this happened. As mentioned, this story does not pass the sniff test at this time.

some of the best kept appearances are just that - appearances. It's amazing what some people are able to fake and fool damned near everyone. The wife was probably the only person that knew how/what he really was.

For whatever reason it seems that to some people a divorce is the end of the world and that there's no recovering from it as crazy as it seems.

The hardest thing about shit like this is you'll never really find out why but I agree with your wife - you can't try to apply logic where there wasn't any.

Users who are viewing this thread