(POLL)Do you: Cut your own hair, or pay someone to do it for you?

Do you cut your own hair, or pay to have it done?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

canibus

Established Member
i have little triplet brothers, you think i'd learn to cut hair by now. 60 bucks every 3 weeks is what i pay for them

SVTcobra2

Established Member
my aunt has her own saloon so i stop by and get it down for free(good cuts too)! i can also get any gel or anything for free too.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
taper on the sides, with no side burns, and a #5 on top, to get the mini spikes going. i cant do all that myself :bored: i wish! so its 15 for me plus tip every 2-3 weeks.

Hawaii-50

Established Member
People are so surprised that I cut my own hair. I haven't paid to get my hair cut since I left FSU in 96. I've had a flat top comb and some Wahl clippers with adjustable taper for almost 12 years. I cut mine every week so at $10 cut+$3 tip/every week I've saved about, well, you do the math.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I get the full salon treatment about twice a year. Just a cut in the winter, and cut/color/highlights in the spring or summer. I have very long hair, so it's pretty low maintenance as far as trims go, but there's no way I could do it myself.

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
I hit mine with a #1 all the way around. It's easy to take care of and I'm losing it anyways. I have always cut it myself as I know what I'm doing and dont have to tell someone else how I want it or have to sit in line for a half hour to get in a good shop.
Once a week is the rate!

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Ive been cuttin my own hair since the 8th grade. Im 23 now and people still will pay me to give them hair cuts. Im self taught but my aunt was worked as a hair dresser for a while and i learned some tricks from her. I can pretty much do any kind of hair cut to myself or anybody else. I usually give myself a mean fade. people are still shocked and dont believe me when i say I didnt pay for the haircut... got a fresh one right now. Key is to use quality tools. Im a big fan of Pro Wahl kits.

Don Juan

Established Member
I cut my own, not because I'm cheap but because every time someone does it for me they can never get it right, once I end up having to shave it all off because how ****ed up it looked.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Which one do I answer yes to? I answered yes for getting it done by a pro.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I hit mine with a #1 all the way around. It's easy to take care of and I'm losing it anyways. I have always cut it myself as I know what I'm doing and dont have to tell someone else how I want it or have to sit in line for a half hour to get in a good shop.
Once a week is the rate!

I dont have to tell anyone how I want it either, my barber knows me, and I always show up by appointment. So i never have to wait for anything. And they have motor trend, road and track, modified mustangs, mm&FF, maxim, and a bunch more, plus its a sports themed shop, so they always are showing sports on their 3 60" plasmas, pretty sick if you ask me.

but its 2 to 3 weeks for me!

boosted306

Established Member
I am bald so I just shave the remainder of what nature left me. My forehead started chasing my hairline at a very early age.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
My mom is a cosmotologist (hairdresser) so she has done my hair all my life until 8 months ago when I moved to WA. Now I cut my own. I don't trust other people.

Users who are viewing this thread