Ported my blower myself. Results inside.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Well, I ported the blower myself. Pics and explanation can be found on www.sloppymechanics.com (Not a company for moderator reference)

First let me say, Im not taking anything away from stieg. His ports are proven the best. I could never even come to close to porting the plenum, throttle body, and blower inlet like he does. However, I closely followed his Jan. 07 design.

I did not port the plenum or throttle body. I cleaned up the blower inlet slightly, but gave up after not having the proper tools. I did however port/open up the base of the blower. I used 3 different type hole saws to drill any circular holes you see in the pics. It worked out very well. I cleaned the ports up with an air dremel and abrasive pads. I just wished I would have taken out more material of the base on the stock "triangle" port.

After putting the blower together and installing it on the car (and forgetting to securely plug in the frps :eek: ) everything worked out great.

Bad News: MAF pegs, and a/f goes to lean for my likings after PEAK. My a/f at peak was 12.0 at the tailpipe, after that it goes up to 12.7 range. Power shouldn't be affected up top by richening it back up. I can't wait to dyno with nitrous and see how the port + nitrous help up top.

Video will be up soon. Here is the dyno graph. I made 24rwhp, and 20ftlbs. I made power and torque everywhere, and most importantly 33-37rwhp above 5800.

coreydynoportedvsstockLarge.jpg

and Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuHsxYFQJ0M&eurl=

Last edited:

Way2Slow

Established Member
Thats some good work. Atleast you made more power and for free on top of it. Props for doing it:thumbsup: Do you know what your SAE numbers are?

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Pretty cool - so you pegged your MAF eh?

It annoys me that Stiegemeier just denies that the stock MAF pegs with a ported blower / 500+ RWHP - they claim the port doesn't affect the tune, but it does, by pegging the MAF/lean A/F - oh well.

Last edited:

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Pretty cool - so you pegged your MAF eh?

It annoys me that Stiegemeier just denies that the stock MAF pegs with a ported blower / 500+ RWHP - they claim the port doesn't affect the tune, but it does, by pegging the MAF/lean A/F - oh well.

Its pegged. We datalogged to be safe and sure enough. I had to datalog because earlier in the run I didn't have my frps harness clicked in (it looked plugged in, but wasn't).

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
rtusnake said:
Should put you alittle deeper in the 10's now

Im hoping it works well with nitrous. I won't be dynoing again until Feb. I gotta fix an axle boot, put swing outs in, and do a harness. I want to hopefully put some moroso drag springs up front before the race season starts.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Nice work Corey. Good luck at the track. I'll be going this Sat. to try my ported blower. Hopefully I will be in the 10's as well. I didn't do any tuning with mine, but we did put it on the dyno to check a/f. Right at the end of the run mine did get to 12.0 to 1 but it was past where I shift. I think it will be ok. The rest of the run was in the low to mid 11 range. Mine made 496/512 on a superflow dyno. Corrected to the more common dynojet #s was 525/542. I don't put to much stock in dyno #s though. We'll just see what it does at the track on Sat. Again nice work and good luck.

oneqkgt

Established Member
Yea i was suprised that thing picked up power like that across the board. Im betting at least 3 tenths that will give him. Yea it was cold out yesturday mid 30's and his intercooler temp was 92 degrees. So that port job in your house worked thats for sure. Add another 10 and 10 across hands down if we had race gas in it too. 2400mass air and we will retune dyno/and street call it a day.

denmah

Established Member
awesome results!
i was extremely happy to see the gains EVERYWHERE!
2500-redline

when are we gunna port your blower tim?

04torchred

Established Member
Nice work man! You get a big :thumbsup: in my book for trying it yourself. Shoot me a PM if you want some pics and an explanation how I ported my plenum and throttle body. It is simple compared to the blower. I almost wish I would have tried my blower myself now.

Users who are viewing this thread