Ported my blower myself. Results inside.

ViciousJay

Established Member
im just curious here... but how is it you gain 20 RWTQ and steg can only get like 10 on a lucky day? is it the lower :shrug:.... im getting a steggie or D'Agostino ported but like i said im just wondering... i know that the stage 4 makes the most power... but im after efficiency as well id ratehr get your numbers then +30/-5

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
denmah said:
why not do it yourself.
it didn't take much time at all

im a screw up... change a rear end sure... pull a motor sure.... port something... HA im ****ed hahaha

ViciousJay

Established Member
what are the tools needed? i might buy another eaton and just try it myself also did you port in the case or just on the outlet part of the blower?

denmah

Established Member
we used metal hole saws and any type of dremel, corey bought a dremel that took forever to remove material with the small bits, i have a air rotary tool and large carbide rosebud tips take out material real fast, also a 90degree air tool and some scotch bright pads polished it right up and rounded the rough edges.

then some coolant for the aftercooler, and some oil and grease for the blower.

other than that some hand tools. to remove it

ViciousJay

Established Member
nice nice.... i may just do this... found a blower so i might go after t... alos what were the iat2 on the dyno ??? any noticable change

ViciousJay

Established Member
hmmmm ok.... how long did the process take? and you didnt have the port the insde casing did you ????

04torchred

Established Member
Gladiator said:
hmmmm ok.... how long did the process take? and you didnt have the port the insde casing did you ????

I wouldn't touch the inside of the case where the rotors are. If you mess up the clearances the blower will not work properly. I would port match the inlet side to the plenum and remove a good bit of material where that EGR hump is. Clean up the inlet floor and that is about it.

Then just cut the bottom opening a bit bigger and clean things up. That is what I was going to do, but I just ended up buying a Stiegemeier Stage IV. Kind of wish I would have tried porting mine.

ViciousJay

Established Member
04torchred said:
I wouldn't touch the inside of the case where the rotors are. If you mess up the clearances the blower will not work properly. I would port match the inlet side to the plenum and remove a good bit of material where that EGR hump is. Clean up the inlet floor and that is about it.

Then just cut the bottom opening a bit bigger and clean things up. That is what I was going to do, but I just ended up buying a Stiegemeier Stage IV. Kind of wish I would have tried porting mine.

i have machined anything a long time... but i have the tools and someones knowledge so that can actually do me some justice... as for porting the throttle body... i may just lookik for a plenum and tb in the for sale section

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
I wouldn't touch inside the case. I don't think there is any power to be made in where the rotors are.

I think I am going to pull the blower off again, take more material out of the base of the stock triangle. While the blower is off I will work on the plenum and really go at the blower inlet.

I really think 490's are possible. To be honest I don't want torque, I have enough. I want more power above 5k.

As f8lsnake said, dyno #'s don't mean much. I dynoed the cobra the same day after I made my 10.99 pass and only pulled 439rwhp (hot). They don't mean a whole lot. DA, humidity, temp are key at the track.

ViciousJay

Established Member
94-98 Trans Am said:
I wouldn't touch inside the case. I don't think there is any power to be made in where the rotors are.

I think I am going to pull the blower off again, take more material out of the base of the stock triangle. While the blower is off I will work on the plenum and really go at the blower inlet.

I really think 490's are possible. To be honest I don't want torque, I have enough. I want more power above 5k.

As f8lsnake said, dyno #'s don't mean much. I dynoed the cobra the same day after I made my 10.99 pass and only pulled 439rwhp (hot). They don't mean a whole lot. DA, humidity, temp are key at the track.

dont tke too much off... you do need somewhat of a case there :lol1:

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Gladiator said:
dont tke too much off... you do need somewhat of a case there :lol1:

I know there is more left safely. Its not about taking the most material off, but if you look at stiegs port at the bottom, he took out more.

oneqkgt

Established Member
The inlet temps were at 88deg at 6100rpm. I logged it till 6400 not sure if you were wide open cory or if you got off it anyway the highest was 92 deg. How was the metal shavings in your bagel bites yummy i bet. I know cory's dicky brother wants a cobra now but he wont admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread