Ported TB/Plenum, retune?

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
I have a typical pullied car, 2.76 upper, no lower, non-ported blower, intake/exhaust and dyno tuned with SCT. I am putting on a Steggy-ported stocker TB/Plenum to grab a couple extra HP. I won't have to re-tune my car, will I??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You shouldn't need to retune, but with any motor mod change like this it is always a good idea to at least check your A/F with a wideband.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
im sorta in the same boat. I have a 2.76 upper/2lb lower with a stieg V port. I plan on a few weeks-month down the road adding a better TB and plenum

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I have a typical pullied car, 2.76 upper, no lower, non-ported blower, intake/exhaust and dyno tuned with SCT. I am putting on a Steggy-ported stocker TB/Plenum to grab a couple extra HP. I won't have to re-tune my car, will I??

On yours honestly I wouldn't worry about it.

im sorta in the same boat. I have a 2.76 upper/2lb lower with a stieg V port. I plan on a few weeks-month down the road adding a better TB and plenum

Now yours if you're going from a ported stocker or something to a ported Dragon then it might be a good idea to check.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Agreed, but with the stock ported TB/Plenum it shouldn't be affected that much.
Yeah, this is a minimal change with minimal changes in air flow. Do not need a re-tune or even a dyno session. Heck, more parameters change with colder air than with the addtition of a ported TB/Plenum........

My wife gave me a laptop for Christmas and I've had a great time datalogging in conjunction with the Xcal II. If you have these two devices available, this is a simple way to see what's happening with changes in setups.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^If you have a Stage V port with a non ported stock tb/plenum when you change you should get the tune checked. You could pick up 20 hp pretty easy. Now get that bottle neck off their lol.

dynobobstieg

For correct information you should contact the supplier of the modified supercharger.
When switching to a single blade TB you are not going to see a change in A/F however you may have a couple of drivability issues that need to be adjusted, this information is available to all of our customers.
We have flow tested and Dynoed all combinations.

Thank you
Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Cobra Sale Prices:
LIMITED TIME LOWER PRICES FOR 03/04 COBRA PORTIING - Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob

Dragon Sale
$449.00 Port matched to any stage Stiegemeier ported supercharger.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
For correct information you should contact the supplier of the modified supercharger.
When switching to a single blade TB you are not going to see a change in A/F however you may have a couple of drivability issues that need to be adjusted, this information is available to all of our customers.
We have flow tested and Dynoed all combinations.
Good information Bob, but OP is not talking about modified superchargers, but the addition of a modified TB/Plenum. I was able to do a pre/post dyno test when I added my ported stocker and got 7 RWHP peak with no changes in any parameters that would require tuning adjustments.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Yes, let's not lose sight of the original question. This is not a single blade. Nor do I have a ported blower. I'm just looking to pick up that extra 7hp that we are talking about. Looks like I have my answer, that I will not need a retune and that's what I was looking for, thanks. I do indeed have a laptop and my sct Xcal 2, but I don't know how to datalog. But I would be interested on learning how to do that, sounds cool.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yes, let's not lose sight of the original question. This is not a single blade. Nor do I have a ported blower. I'm just looking to pick up that extra 7hp that we are talking about. Looks like I have my answer, that I will not need a retune and that's what I was looking for, thanks. I do indeed have a laptop and my sct Xcal 2, but I don't know how to datalog. But I would be interested on learning how to do that, sounds cool.

Your SOTP meter should easily be happy with tip-in throttle response. Good luck. Let alone you'll pick up 6-8hp probably.

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

I should have said contact the supplier of the ported modified Tb and Pl.
The gains from a Stiegemeier Welded/ported/polished OEM Throttle body and Plenum is 12 RWHP. (GUARANTEED)
No re-tune needed.
I spoke of the single blade since someone else stated planning on going with a better one down the road.
Sorry for any confusion.
Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
The supplier of this ported setup is Steggy, although I am picking it up from a private owner. According to the Steg website the 12 hp gain is on a WELDED Tb/plenum, which this will not be. So I'm not sure about the 12hp gain. But I have the answer I was looking for. I will not re-tune it, I may just ask for an A/F reading.

Users who are viewing this thread