Porting the Stock Intake

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Does anyone offer this service and has anyone be able to make more power with the stock intake. Its all have to work with cobra jet and boss intake won't fit under my hood.

Clipboard

Established Member
Save the money and buy a different hood. You won't get any worthwhile results from porting the stock Intake.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
People have seen around 7rwhp~ gains across the board from porting the stock intake manifold. Get ahold of drew (01bluesnake) for porting services on here.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I do offer port work service for the intake manifolds. Typical gains on the stock manifold are pretty good and being able to dial in the vct will yield good gains from the airflow increase. Sending you a pm now.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I do offer port work service for the intake manifolds. Typical gains on the stock manifold are pretty good and being able to dial in the vct will yield good gains from the airflow increase. Sending you a pm now.
drew send me a PM about pricing on porting and cleaning up a stock intake manifold as well.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Generally, what is done on the VCT side of tuning after porting? Overlap/advancing/retarding, or a combination? I'm not looking for proprietary info but generally what is done on cam timing and what are the results combined with the porting?

Thanks

01bluesnake

Established Member
drew send me a PM about pricing on porting and cleaning up a stock intake manifold as well.

Definitely, sending a pm now.

Generally, what is done on the VCT side of tuning after porting? Overlap/advancing/retarding, or a combination? I'm not looking for proprietary info but generally what is done on cam timing and what are the results combined with the porting?

Thanks

The best person to ask this would be shaun@ AED. I know he specifically dialed in a manifold on his car after port work. If I remember correct he seen additional gains of around 5whp which he wasn't able to get prior to the port work. Various changes from overlap, advancing or retarding the cams will have an affect on getting the most out of the cars setup.

rotarymagic

Established Member
off topic , but OP what trans are you running behind the coyote in your '96?

He's got a 3650 right now, but said something about changing to a T45 due to the speedo gear and speedometer issue with the 3650. I've ridden in the car, it runs hard.

Users who are viewing this thread