Posi Port Dyno Numbers

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Hey hermann do you think 570RW is possible with Torco and a balls to the wall tune?
Was the duty cycle close to Maxed out with the stock pumps and injectors?
How much more could you get out of the current fuel system?

TRBO VNM

Hey hermann do you think 570RW is possible with Torco and a balls to the wall tune?
Was the duty cycle close to Maxed out with the stock pumps and injectors?
How much more could you get out of the current fuel system?

he has a BAP that they turned up to 50%. other tuners have told me that a BAP and stock pumps can support almost 600hp. the injectors would need to be changed out before that though.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
I made 680 rwhp on a car I did in Florida.

BAP, stock pumps with PPRV delete, 60 lb. injectors , #8 feed line to the front and bigger rails. I have done one with a BAP, stock pumps with PPRV deleted, 60 lb. injectors and stock lines and rails that made over 660 RWHP. The only difference is now with the 10% Ethanol that is added to the pump gasoline the rules have changed. The fuel Stoich. value changes from the gasoline value of 14.64 to the low 14 value with the Ethanol. That in turn means the commanded A/F must also change to a richer value to compensate. That places a greater demand on the fuel system to be able to supply enough volume to keep up with the demand. You should contact your tuner and get their opinions on the subject. Hopefully they are versed on the changes needed to adapt to the newer fuels!!:beer: And the pumps and injectors were getting close to being done. That situation will improve when Mark installs the PPRV delete, that can add from 3-7% more fuel pump headroom depending on the application. Hermann

Last edited:

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Great job Hermann! This car must be a factory freak. Put some LT's on it, with a 4 lb lower and a set of 60's and watch the numbers rise even more. Congrats OP.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
This thing is something else for sure! Best part about it all is the daily use ability!!:burnout: I'd like to set one up on kill and see what that is.:beer: As a side note I sell and use Stegs. ported blowers with great results as well. Now I can personally vouch for the Posi Brian ported blowers too. People, don't get in a pissing match as to which is better, just be glad you have BOTH options available to you at very reasonable prices! Great news for 03-04 guys who don't want to get into the expense of a twin screw. :thumbsup: Hermann

I haven't had my Cobra for a few years but I put down 503rwhp with a Steg stage V back then. That was with a 2.76 upper no lower and only 19 degrees timing. That was still through the stock 4 cats with just a cat back, and cold air. That was showing 13lbs of boost. Very good numbers there with that port you have there. I just picked up a Lightning and not sure if I am going ported or going big right away. Hmmmmmm......

Jaimie

Last edited:

Boobinspector

Established Member
Thanks guys it is a blast to drive. Yet to bad I am snowed in today I was hoping to get down to Jason's so I could get those nitto's from doug. Oh well maybe this week sometime. I also know there is more in it with the a different combo. But I went with this route for the best of both worlds and to stay on a budget. Longtubes and 4lb will more than likely be in the future. As for now it is more than enough and we will see how it performs at the track. And here I thought my car was born on a moday or friday. I guess it is a mid week car.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
BAP, stock pumps with PPRV delete, 60 lb. injectors , #8 feed line to the front and bigger rails. I have done one with a BAP, stock pumps with PPRV deleted, 60 lb. injectors and stock lines and rails that made over 660 RWHP. The only difference is now with the 10% Ethanol that is added to the pump gasoline the rules have changed. The fuel Stoich. value changes from the gasoline value of 14.64 to the low 14 value with the Ethanol. That in turn means the commanded A/F must also change to a richer value to compensate. That places a greater demand on the fuel system to be able to supply enough volume to keep up with the demand. You should contact your tuner and get their opinions on the subject. Hopefully they are versed on the changes needed to adapt to the newer fuels!!:beer: And the pumps and injectors were getting close to being done. That situation will improve when Mark installs the PPRV delete, that can add from 3-7% more fuel pump headroom depending on the application. Hermann
Wow thanks for the info, especially about the Ethanol blend, I currently run marine grade straight 93 Octane(there's ONE Sunoco in my county that has it!) So when I slap the Vortech on next month I should continue to run that and not the 10%? So your saying the ethanol actually leans the motor out?
Have you compared cars running these two different fuel grades? does one make more HP than the other?:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
One satisfied customer at a time.:rockon: Kind of makes you feel all giddy lol.:lol1:

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Can someone explain more about the STD vs SAE.... I see that on the dyno charts there is a "SAE: .94" and on the STD charts there is a "STD: .97" what does this represent

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Can someone explain more about the STD vs SAE.... I see that on the dyno charts there is a "SAE: .94" and on the STD charts there is a "STD: .97" what does this represent

different correction factors

SAE:
"SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:
STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Thanks Jake.. best explanation i've ever seen... I understood that it was a different calculation but never knew what values were different.

All you guys seem to be running a lot of timing as well ... is 22.5 seriously a safe street tune?

I'm only at 18-19 degrees.. wonder how much power the extra timing would make?

Also, You see a few videos on youtube with twin screw guys making 570ish at 16psi.. I'd say that if you was going to run no more boost than this, that the extra $$ isn't worth paying vs. a race port!

Last edited:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
^^ Im on 23* with a 2.76/4lb and no port.

Sweet numbers!!! Looks like ill be ordering my bits and sanding discs!

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
I guess conventional wisdom on the matter has changed due to much testing. I agree, back 3-4 years ago spinning up a 'heaton' with pulleys meant about 19 max on timing and 20-21 if you wanted to push it. If 22-23 is safe then it is safe. I guess I have been out of the loop too long. Is this just if it is ported? Does it bring the air charge temp down enough?

Jaimie

Boobinspector

Established Member
I left all this in Hermann's hands due to all his experience with these cars. Also from what he explained to me it is mainly in how well the car is tuned and you have the proper supporting mods. The only reason I went with a lower pulley was I knew I would be running a ported blower. This due to the fact I knew a ported eaton would run a little cooler. If you have any other questions about safe timing I would pm Hermann. The guy knows his stuff man. He spent a great deal of time first of adjusting the tune and setup for idle and driveability. Then moved on to setting up and testing the power pulls. He really took his time and shows.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Thanks Jake.. best explanation i've ever seen... I understood that it was a different calculation but never knew what values were different.

All you guys seem to be running a lot of timing as well ... is 22.5 seriously a safe street tune?

I'm only at 18-19 degrees.. wonder how much power the extra timing would make?

Also, You see a few videos on youtube with twin screw guys making 570ish at 16psi.. I'd say that if you was going to run no more boost than this, that the extra $$ isn't worth paying vs. a race port!

my car has always had 23 degree's. as long as your on 93 gas...cooling mod is a plus imo...youll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread